• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Our numbers are too small to effectively push common sense reforms and to move the electorate to vote for politicians who vote their with mind and heart and not the party platform.

I encourage all of you to visit the http://www.changemaryland.org, sign up and be a part of a bi-partisan movement to change thing in MD. There are already 39k members!

Here is some background on the group from their Facebook page:

"Join the grassroots movement that’s fighting to bring fiscal responsibility and common sense to Annapolis. Change Maryland was born out of the frustrations of average Marylanders who are fed up with politics as usual in our state, want to stand together, and fight back for a change.

Our elected leaders are not solving the problems - they are causing them and making them worse. We’re concerned that Maryland is way off track, headed in the wrong direction and that our very economic future is at stake. It’s time to send a message to Annapolis.

We can’t sit back, accept the status quo, and allow the out of touch monopoly in Annapolis to continue to run our state into the ground with no opposition, no debate, and no checks and balances. It’s time we said enough is enough.

All Marylanders –Republicans, Democrats, and Independents – suffer when the professional politicians and the special interest groups go unchecked and continue to push the same failed ‘tax and spend’ policies. This cycle must stop. We can stop it together.

Together, we can Change Maryland. Real competition, honest debate of the issues, and the competition of a healthy and strong two party system are needed to turn Maryland around. Say no to more spending, more debt and higher taxes.

This isn’t just a fight between the right and the left. It’s a fight between right and wrong. We don’t need partisanship; we need honest leaders in Maryland who will tackle the tough issues. This isn’t about Republicans versus Democrats. It’s more important than that. This is about Maryland’s future, and it’s a fight worth fighting."

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I agree that we have to temporarily set aside many other important issues if we want to be able to build a united front on this one. There is another national organization, but with grass roots emphasis. I have been to a number of their meetings and also to 2A rally they sponsored. The last one I attended they put together on 3 days notice at the Linear Park in Frederick, and had about 200 people turn out and Sheriff Jenkins, local delegates and audience members speaking. We also got news coverage.

This organization staunchly supports gun rights but they are non-partisan. That is because their focus is Liberty, so they don't care who the candidate is, only that he/she strongly supports individual liberty. The group also believes in holding elected officials accountable and sponsors courses on how to remove people from office that have betrayed their constituency. They are very well organized.

Please check out and attend a meeting of your nearest chapter.

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/about/

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Speaking of diverse groups which must be included to bring a united front against the libtards, I just saw this on the news. I'd never heard of them but this group is traditionally viewed as the liberal left's exclusive domain. This would be a group that could successfully drive a wedge in that front since they really have their ear.

http://www.pinkpistols.org/

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    Speaking of diverse groups which must be included to bring a united front against the libtards, I just saw this on the news. I'd never heard of them but this group is traditionally viewed as the liberal left's exclusive domain. This would be a group that could successfully drive a wedge in that front since they really have their ear.

http://www.pinkpistols.org/

Seems like quite a few are "out of touch" or "closed"

Are you thinking about reopening the Baltimore chapter...

:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom