• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob.mwp

Jul 5, 2023
    Hazard County
    Wanted to follow up with this thread. I pulled the trigger on a tenicor certum3 for their black Friday sale @ 15% off. So far I like it. Wearing at 1 conceals my walther pdp amazing and is almost forgotten about while walking around but when I sit down it's pretty uncomfortable. At the 3:30 is much more comfortable but my shirts, even my sweatshirts tend to ride up over top of it.

What does everyone do to make the 1 o'clock position feel better when sitting? I don't really have a gut, but after sitting in the office for a few hours it's pretty aggravating towards that area.

Happy Holidays!

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Wanted to follow up with this thread. I pulled the trigger on a tenicor certum3 for their black Friday sale @ 15% off. So far I like it. Wearing at 1 conceals my walther pdp amazing and is almost forgotten about while walking around but when I sit down it's pretty uncomfortable. At the 3:30 is much more comfortable but my shirts, even my sweatshirts tend to ride up over top of it.

What does everyone do to make the 1 o'clock position feel better when sitting? I don't really have a gut, but after sitting in the office for a few hours it's pretty aggravating towards that area.

Happy Holidays!
    Their Velo4 is the one contoured, specifically, for AIWB and is extremely comfortable, all day long at 1:00-1:30.

Tenicor has a satisfaction guarantee and will likely let you swap for a Velo4. (Get it with the DCC clips and it will be secure and tuckable, if you choose.)

Last edited:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Their Velo4 is the one contoured, specifically, for AIWB and is extremely comfortable, all day long at 1:00-1:30.

Tenicor has a satisfaction guarantee and will likely let you swap for a Velo4. (Get it with the DCC clips and it will be secure and tuckable, if you choose.)

OP said he wanted to be able to use either position, this reviewer says the velo4 will only work in appendix position so trade in might not be the answer for him. Not sure if the reviewer is referring to the built in wedge, available cant, or something else.

rob.mwp

Jul 5, 2023
    Hazard County
    Their Velo4 is the one contoured, specifically, for AIWB and is extremely comfortable, all day long at 1:00-1:30. Tenicor has a satisfaction guarantee and will likely let you swap for a Velo4. (Get it with the DCC clips and it will be secure and tuckable, if you choose.)

What about sitting down?

OP said he wanted to be able to use either position, this reviewer says the velo4 will only work in appendix position so trade in might not be the answer for him. Not sure if the reviewer is referring to the built in wedge, available cant, or something else.

Good point, but if I'm being honest I don't have a ton of experience with holsters in general. This will be my 1st one, although I've tried a few out. I guess it falls along the lines of "you don't know what you don't know".

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    So what type of clothing do you wear? Did you find you had to dress differently to be able to carry? Do you have different holsters for different seasons or clothes? Maybe you have a favorite position one way but can't so you settle for "X" when you have to do certian things? Maybe you change up from driving vs walking? Curious to see how other people started and where they are now.
    I usually carry my Sig P239, which is a small .380. I have a knock off kydex holster that does pretty good. I wish it had a back strap.

During the summer sometimes I'll wear shorter cargo shorts with a pocket holster. It has a very sticky surface and sticks in my front right cargo pocket. It has a guard so it completely covers the gun. Someone might see I have something in my pocket but not see it is a gun.

When I wear pants I use my Kydex holster at about 5 o'clock. It's small enough and comfortable I sometimes forget it's there. I usually wear an undershirt tucked into my boxers. This keeps the sweat from the holster off of me. Then holster then an overshirt untucked for better concealment.

My absolute best holster I own is a Crossbreed Supertuck. If I'm carrying my full sized 9mm then that keeps it secure at about 5oc. It's big enough I can feel it but not uncomfortable and very secure. No back strap but the kydex is well made and it sits nice and low out of the way. I'll wear this if I'm going hiking or during winter months when I'm wearing multiple layers.

My advice is to start wearing around the house and get used to it. It's a very unique feeling going into public the first time lawfully carrying a firearm. My first time was on vacation in VA on my UT permit. The wife needed a birthday card so we walked a few blocks to a CVS. There was a homeless man out front harassing us--this could have gone really bad but thankfully it didn't.

Phoenix_1295

MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    OP said he wanted to be able to use either position, this reviewer says the velo4 will only work in appendix position so trade in might not be the answer for him.

Oops, I missed that. The Velo4, wouldn’t work for him then.

Phoenix_1295

MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    What about sitting down?

For me, sitting, standing, bending to tie shoes, etc., is all comfortable with the Velo4. I mean, you know it is there, compared to doing those things without it, but not “uncomfortable”. You also get used to making minor adjustments in how you bend and if you have a ratchet belt (Kore or Nexbelt) you can easily loosen and tighten as needed for comfort.

rob.mwp

Jul 5, 2023
    Hazard County
    My advice is to start wearing around the house and get used to it. It's a very unique feeling going into public the first time lawfully carrying a firearm. My first time was on vacation in VA on my UT permit. The wife needed a birthday card so we walked a few blocks to a CVS. There was a homeless man out front harassing us--this could have gone really bad but thankfully it didn't.
    I have been. I have been wearing in public more and more. It's something I never want to have to use, but my God I'd really kick myself in the ass if I found myself in a position to have to use it and not have it. It is comforting knowing that I have it, and for whatever reason I am more aware of my surroundings when I have it. I guess a little paranoia of someone seeing it?

For me, sitting, standing, bending to tie shoes, etc., is all comfortable with the Velo4. I mean, you know it is there, compared to doing those things without it, but not “uncomfortable”. You also get used to making minor adjustments in how you bend and if you have a ratchet belt (Kore or Nexbelt) you can easily loosen and tighten as needed for comfort.
    I might trade it out then, I have read they're good about that. I'll play around with this one for a few more days and see what I can come up with. I keep reading about wedges too... some people swear the certum3 is better than the velo4 with a wedge added.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    for whatever reason I am more aware of my surroundings when I have it. I guess a little paranoia of someone seeing it?
    Being aware is good. Awareness wins the day.

Several years ago I was carrying my full sized 9mm 5o IWB. I was tired standing over my shopping cart in a long line at TSC. The lady behind me said to her husband in a hushed tone "he's got a gun" to which her husband just said "uh huh". I totally didn't care she noticed and I wasn't exactly trying to not be noticed. It was clear I was lawfully there in line buying horse feed. If I was there to rob the place I would have gone to the front of the line. I would say the lady had a positive experience of encountering a citizen armed in public. I didn't try to rob anyone and was polite to the cashier. Maybe that helped move the needle a little of her opinion if she had one.

rob.mwp

Jul 5, 2023
    Hazard County
    Or you could just tug your shirt down if it rides up--its what I do---why be uncomfortable--I bet you sit more than you stand
    I don't care so much about the office that I work in, but during meetings that I go to I'd be worried about the people sitting behind me. Winter is for sure easier to conceal, but summer is a different animal.

I don't know, just thinking out loud. As it it is now I just stand at the back of church, so no one bats an eye, can't do that at every work meeting though.

I'm probably 50/50 sit/stand. We're getting ready to go for a long car ride for vacation and I'll have it at my 3 for the drive.
    Being aware is good. Awareness wins the day.

Several years ago I was carrying my full sized 9mm 5o IWB. I was tired standing over my shopping cart in a long line at TSC. The lady behind me said to her husband in a hushed tone "he's got a gun" to which her husband just said "uh huh". I totally didn't care she noticed and I wasn't exactly trying to not be noticed. It was clear I was lawfully there in line buying horse feed. If I was there to rob the place I would have gone to the front of the line. I would say the lady had a positive experience of encountering a citizen armed in public. I didn't try to rob anyone and was polite to the cashier. Maybe that helped move the needle a little of her opinion if she had one.
    That's awesome. I am not out to "show" it off to anyone, but I also know that I pull my pants up, wear 1/2 way decent clothes... use words like yes "ma'am and no ma'am". There's no reason for anyone to perceive me as a threat in any way if they do see it.

I also am not blatantly obvious about it... I'd rather people not know. I don't even tell my friends. Heck my wife only knows when I take it off at the end of the day!

I did have an encounter with 2 law enforcement officers about 2 months ago. A family members uncle had gotten into a fender bender and he said the lady he bumped into wouldn't let him leave. So we had to go down somewhere near the city to see if we could take care of him (he's pretty old and probably shouldn't be driving anyway). I always wear down near the city. It was hot and all I had on was a t shirt. Well we pulled up and the lady he ran into was an off duty police officer. Short of shitting my pants everything went fine. Neither her nor her partner, who were both decked from head to toe with vests and all that jazz, ever noticed or said anything. At one point they asked to see my id to make sure I had a valid driver's license to drive his car home and reaching into my pocket without pulling my shirt up without looking too conspicuous was .... interesting.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    When I want to wear at 1 O'clock (for whatever extra covert reason), I'll wear a leather OWB holster. Anything disappears there and I can actually move around.

Y'all need to stop worrying about printing with IWB at 3 O'clock. With enough cant, it's fine. And how short are your shirts that they ride up above the pistol?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    At one point they asked to see my id to make sure I had a valid driver's license to drive his car home and reaching into my pocket without pulling my shirt up without looking too conspicuous was .... interesting.
    Nothing interesting about that. Cops couldn't care less if someone is legally carrying.

Bcjustin

Nov 27, 2023
    California MD
    I've been through a variety of holsters, belts & mag carriers over the last year, trying a variety of gear in different positions. I really, really wanted to like IWB but it's just not comfortable for my body type. I'm a bit older and have a bit of a gut thanks to my wife's excellent cooking. Hey, I'm the victim here, lol.

I’ve tried and tried, but I just don’t like the feeling I get with appendix carry. Sure, it feels OK when I’m standing up, but bending over, sitting down, sitting in my truck, etc., it just doesn’t seem to work for me, I just can’t get used to the feeling against my skin. Plus, although I know my P365X is perfectly safe in a good holster, I still can’t shake the uneasy feeling I get when 9mm Hornady Critical Defense rounds are pointing at my buddy.

So, after a lot of experimenting over the last year, I finally concluded that OWB is where it’s at for me for maximum comfort, and after a lot of experimenting and fine-tuning, I’ve found the gear and setup that works best for me. Your mileage may, or probably will, vary.

Holsters: I have several holsters including Crossbreed (Reckoning - IWB or OWB), N28 Tactical (IWB), Bravo Concealment (OWB), and Tulster (OWB). All are great holsters but for me, the top 2 are OWB’s from Tulster (Contour) and Bravo Concealment. Both fit super close to the body and move the grip more into the body to minimize printing. My favorite is the Tulster Contour, which I wear every time I go out, but the Bravo Concealment is a close 2nd, and is my backup or for outdoor range use. The Tulster is smaller than the Bravo, and when concealing, I like the minimalist approach.

Mag Carriers: I have a few IWB mag carriers from Crossbreed, but they have leather backing and tend to dig into my skin, since they’re mainly designed to be worn IWB, and I just can’t seem to get used to sticking anything down my pants, lol. But hands down, my favorite mag carriers are OWB from Bravo Concealment. I have 2 single mag carriers, and recently picked up a double, as it takes up less space than the 2 singles back-to-back. These things fit super close to the body, and don’t print at all, like I can’t even see them in the mirror, and I know they’re there. I like carrying 2 extra mags when I’m out and about, because IMO, more bullets = better. I love these mag carriers, they’re super comfortable and invisible.

Belts: Started with a Crossbreed leather belt, then bought a Blue Alpha, and then got a Kore Essentials adjustable. All are great belts; all are made well. But to be honest, I bought the Blue Alpha for the Cobra buckle but have never worn it, because it’s not easily adjustable. Well, you can adjust, but you’d have to take the belt off, make the adjustment, then put it back on. The Crossbreed is a great, super high quality leather belt, but that sucker is THICK. Like ¼” thick. I wore that one for ½ a year and it’s starting to soften up a bit, and you can tighten and loosen the belt quickly, without having to take the belt off. But after getting the Kore Essentials, I think this is the belt I’ll be rocking with. The Kore is super strong, great quality, looks great, much thinner than the Crossbreed leather belt, and you can adjust easily on the fly, like after eating a big dinner, lol. I may still use the Crossbreed for certain situations, or at the very least it’s a great backup belt, but so far, the Kore will be my daily EDC belt. Love it!

Shirts: The main thing I’ve learned over the last year about concealing, not just hearing from others but actually trying for myself, is that it’s not just one thing you need to consider to make your life saver invisible. Rather, it’s a combination of things, along with a bunch of trial and error and fine tuning, that all work together to provide maximum concealment. Wear a great holster with a crappy shirt and you still may wind up printing more than a Xerox machine. But, wearing the right holster, in the right location, with the right belt, and the right shirt, can really lead you into concealment nirvana. And what’s right for me might not be right for you, so you need to experiment to find the combination that works best for you, there’s just no getting around it.

For me, the shirts I’ve found that I can wear every day that make my Sig disappear are Carhartt pocket tees. I wear 2 types, Loose Fit and Force. The Loose Fit pocket tees are heavy duty and thicker than the Force Tees, so better to wear them when it’s a bit cooler, but I’ll still wear them in the summer. The key with the Loose Fit tees is that they’re cut a bit larger, so all you need to do is to order your normal size you usually wear, and the Loose Fits will give you extra room without having to buy oversize. I wear XL tees, so I wear XL Loose Fits, as those shirts give me a lot more room to work with. Plus, they’re long tees and hang way below my belt, so no worries about your shirt riding up and exposing your life saver when you’re at the grocery store and reaching up to get something from the top shelf.

The Force Pocket Tees look the same as the Loose Fits, except that they’re “relaxed fit”, so they’re cut a bit straighter and aren’t oversized like the Loose Fits. Since they’re not cut larger like the Loose Fits, I order XXL size when getting the Force Tees, to give me more room like the Loose Fits, but with a “Relaxed Fit” shirt. But even though I’m going up a size to XXL with the Force tees, they fit like normal and don’t give you that “frumpy” look, lol. The material of the Force Tees is also thinner than the Loose Fits, so they’re great for summer or warmer climates. They also apparently wick sweat due to the material used.

Color is also an important consideration. I always order darker Carhartt tees, there’s still a variety of colors and shades to choose from, but darker colors seem to hide better to my eyes. I’d never want to wear a white shirt with my black holster and Sig hiding underneath, so I go with the darker colors and have no problems.

So far, the best and most comfortable combination I’ve found (for me & my body type), is a Tulster Contour OWB @3 O’clock, Kore Essentials adjustable belt, Bravo Concealment OWB mag carriers, and Carhartt Loose Fit or Force pocket tees. This combination is absolutely the most comfortable I’ve found, whether I’m sitting or standing, doesn’t matter. I’ve never been called out and nobody has any clue that I’m carrying, because the gear combination and Carhartt’s make everything “invisible”. I’ve even carried at my grandson’s birthday party (unchambered around the kids during the party). My son is a Federal LEO, FFL and Range Training Instructor, and he had no idea I was carrying at the party, so I guess my combination is working. If he couldn’t tell, then I’m not worried about the old lady at the grocery store causing a stink.

BTW, I work from home and prefer to carry at all times, lots of daytime home invasions going on so I prefer to be prepared whether I’m home or out in public. For carrying at home, I’ve tried some belly bands that worked but started rolling up and digging into my side after a few months, but the latest one I stumbled upon is a Home Run IMO. I ordered a Blackhawk Stache NACHO and this is by far the best and most comfortable belly band I’ve worn, and I’m wearing it right now in fact. It’s super comfortable, extremely heavy duty, has 2 built in mag pouches and 2 additional pouches for your cell phone, knife, tactical flashlight, etc., and is designed to use whatever holster you prefer using.

I tried using my N28 Tactical holster and it worked fairly well, but the square edges near the tip of my Sig’s slide would dig into my skin. But Blackhawk makes their Stache holster, which was designed specifically to be worn on the NACHO, so I got one and it works much better. At only $35.00, the Stache holster is crazy good for such a cheap price. It’s not Kydex but injection molded and my Sig fits perfectly. The end of the holster near the tip of my slide has rounded edges, so they don’t tend to dig into your skin. With this setup, you can easily move the band around to find your sweet spot. Sometimes, the difference between feeling that you’re carrying, versus feeling totally comfortable can simply be a matter of moving the band an inch or so in either direction.

Yeah, I spent a few $, along with many months of trying different gear, combinations, locations, and fine-tuning, but the results are so worth it. When I first started carrying, it felt like it took me forever to get ready to go out. I was always adjusting this or that, trying to move things around, and basically just trying to fumble my way through. But now, I no longer have to worry or think about what gear I’m going to wear, how I’m going to wear that gear, or spend a lot of time trying to get things adjusted. My Kore belt stays on my pants/short, with my holster and mag carrier already in place. Now when I go out, I just put my pants on, adjust my Kore belt, pop a couple mags in my OWB carrier, then the last thing I do is to chamber a round and then I watch my Sig like a Hawk as I carefully slide it into my Tulster, taking a few extra seconds to make sure my undershirt or anything doesn’t get anywhere near the inside of the trigger guard. Thanks to all the time invested in finding the right combination that works the best for me, I already know that everything works well together, can get ready to go in less than a minute, and I can get that same comfortable feeling every time no matter what I’ll be doing.
    This was an amazing post, lots of great info here. Thanks for taking the time of writing all of this! I’m new to the topic so this really helped me a lot.

Magerko

Nov 24, 2022
    Baltimore County
    This was an amazing post, lots of great info here. Thanks for taking the time of writing all of this! I’m new to the topic so this really helped me a lot.
    Thanks brother, you're most welcome.

There's no substitute for personally trying things to see how they work for you. Do a LOT of research to narrow everything down to a few possible choices, and then jump in, order some stuff and start experimenting with placement & fine-tuning your carry rig. What feels totally comfortable to me might not be comfortable to the next guy. There's no cookie cutter magic formula that works for everyone, at least not that I've found.

But trust me, when you do hit upon that magic combination of holster, belt, mag pouch, shirt, etc., that feels so good you forget that you're carrying, the time, trial & error, and $ that you've invested will really pay off. Once you get your carry rig dialed in, it's repeatable. You'll be able to get ready to go out fast, and you won't worry about printing or getting called out because you already know that your rig is dialed in, and all your gear works well together.

It's a really good feeling when you can go out to the store, restaurant, movies, or wherever you're going, and not worry one bit that you're carrying or printing, because you've invested the time and $ to set up a carry rig that's so comfortable and conceals so well, that you don't even think about it when you're out and about.

And when you're not thinking about it, you're not acting self-conscious, or nervous, constantly tugging on your shirt and drawing attention to yourself. The majority of people out there probably could care less about you, they're too busy looking at their cell phones or going about their lives. It's when people start acting a bit uneasy, nervous, or constantly tugging on their shirt or something, that tends to draw people's attention. The calmer and more normal & oblivious you appear, the less people could give a crap about what you're doing, lol.

I can't make a recommendation of what pistol you should get, holsters, or mag pouches, as there's too many variables that really depend on your preferences, needs, body type, etc. But I can make 2 recommendations with 100% confidence, because I know they work, regardless of the type of pistol or holster or mag pouch you have.

1. Shirts - head straight to Carhartt and try their Loose Fit and Force T-Shirts. They're very good quality, very long, and hang well below your belt, so no worries about reaching for a box on the top shelf at the grocery store and exposing your weapon. They even have "tall" versions of their shirts which are even longer for taller guys. I'm wearing a Carhartt Loose Fit now, just checked with a tape measure, and the bottom of my shirt hangs about 8" - 9" below my belt. If you order Loose Fit, order your normal size, as they're cut larger than normal, hence "loose fit". If you order the Force shirts, go the next size up as they're cut a bit straighter, so if you normally wear XL shirts, order XXL size for the Force shirts. Start with one of each, try them out, and if you're like me, you'll order more, and more and more, lol. I'm replacing a lot of my shirts with the Carhartt's, cause they're not expensive and hide my Sig so friggin well. And if I need to get a tad more "fancy" and kick it up a notch, I have their Henley T-Shirts, that have a few buttons. It can't be a T-Shirt if it has buttons, can it? LOL

2. Belts - My personal opinion here, but I'd head straight to Kore Essentials and forget all the rest. Tons of colors to choose from, including Camo, a variety of buckles to choose from, they're super easy to adjust on the fly, like after eating a big dinner, and they're reasonably priced. They're much thinner than my Crossbreed leather belt, which is like 1/4" thick, so the Kore is much easier to work with, fits all of my pants, easy to thread through my holsters, AND doesn't make my holster squeak, lol. Who ever thought a holster could squeak, but mine did with the leather Crossbreed belt (it's leather and just very thick), but not with the Kore. Think about what it would be like to be carrying in a store, with your holster squeaking away with every step you take. Think you'd be self-conscious and nervous, especially if people start to stare at you trying to figure out where that squeaking is coming from? You betcha, so get the Kore and you won't have to worry. Also, the cool thing with the Kore's is that you don't have to worry about what "size" belt to get. You'll get a long-ass belt that you'll cut to size with a pair of scissors. So, no worries about ordering the wrong size, cause you're going to be able to custom cut & fit the belt exactly to the size you need.

Bcjustin

Nov 27, 2023
    California MD
    Thanks brother, you're most welcome.

There's no substitute for personally trying things to see how they work for you. Do a LOT of research to narrow everything down to a few possible choices, and then jump in, order some stuff and start experimenting with placement & fine-tuning your carry rig. What feels totally comfortable to me might not be comfortable to the next guy. There's no cookie cutter magic formula that works for everyone, at least not that I've found.

But trust me, when you do hit upon that magic combination of holster, belt, mag pouch, shirt, etc., that feels so good you forget that you're carrying, the time, trial & error, and $ that you've invested will really pay off. Once you get your carry rig dialed in, it's repeatable. You'll be able to get ready to go out fast, and you won't worry about printing or getting called out because you already know that your rig is dialed in, and all your gear works well together.

It's a really good feeling when you can go out to the store, restaurant, movies, or wherever you're going, and not worry one bit that you're carrying or printing, because you've invested the time and $ to set up a carry rig that's so comfortable and conceals so well, that you don't even think about it when you're out and about.

And when you're not thinking about it, you're not acting self-conscious, or nervous, constantly tugging on your shirt and drawing attention to yourself. The majority of people out there probably could care less about you, they're too busy looking at their cell phones or going about their lives. It's when people start acting a bit uneasy, nervous, or constantly tugging on their shirt or something, that tends to draw people's attention. The calmer and more normal & oblivious you appear, the less people could give a crap about what you're doing, lol.

I can't make a recommendation of what pistol you should get, holsters, or mag pouches, as there's too many variables that really depend on your preferences, needs, body type, etc. But I can make 2 recommendations with 100% confidence, because I know they work, regardless of the type of pistol or holster or mag pouch you have.

1. Shirts - head straight to Carhartt and try their Loose Fit and Force T-Shirts. They're very good quality, very long, and hang well below your belt, so no worries about reaching for a box on the top shelf at the grocery store and exposing your weapon. They even have "tall" versions of their shirts which are even longer for taller guys. I'm wearing a Carhartt Loose Fit now, just checked with a tape measure, and the bottom of my shirt hangs about 8" - 9" below my belt. If you order Loose Fit, order your normal size, as they're cut larger than normal, hence "loose fit". If you order the Force shirts, go the next size up as they're cut a bit straighter, so if you normally wear XL shirts, order XXL size for the Force shirts. Start with one of each, try them out, and if you're like me, you'll order more, and more and more, lol. I'm replacing a lot of my shirts with the Carhartt's, cause they're not expensive and hide my Sig so friggin well. And if I need to get a tad more "fancy" and kick it up a notch, I have their Henley T-Shirts, that have a few buttons. It can't be a T-Shirt if it has buttons, can it? LOL

2. Belts - My personal opinion here, but I'd head straight to Kore Essentials and forget all the rest. Tons of colors to choose from, including Camo, a variety of buckles to choose from, they're super easy to adjust on the fly, like after eating a big dinner, and they're reasonably priced. They're much thinner than my Crossbreed leather belt, which is like 1/4" thick, so the Kore is much easier to work with, fits all of my pants, easy to thread through my holsters, AND doesn't make my holster squeak, lol. Who ever thought a holster could squeak, but mine did with the leather Crossbreed belt (it's leather and just very thick), but not with the Kore. Think about what it would be like to be carrying in a store, with your holster squeaking away with every step you take. Think you'd be self-conscious and nervous, especially if people start to stare at you trying to figure out where that squeaking is coming from? You betcha, so get the Kore and you won't have to worry. Also, the cool thing with the Kore's is that you don't have to worry about what "size" belt to get. You'll get a long-ass belt that you'll cut to size with a pair of scissors. So, no worries about ordering the wrong size, cause you're going to be able to custom cut & fit the belt exactly to the size you need.
    Thanks for the advice! I actually already have the gun and holster. I have a P365X and an AlienGear IWB (I don’t have my permit yet, need one more class) so I’ve just been practicing with it around the house. But it seems quite comfortable to me and under dark clothing my wife says she can’t tell that it’s there. I don’t really see what the big deal with printing is honestly. Is it to avoid someone trying to take your gun and use it against you? I’m trying to think objectively why I would care that someone who has undergone numerous background checks would be carrying a gun, but I realize not everyone has that opinion.

Last edited:

Magerko

Nov 24, 2022
    Baltimore County
    Thanks for the advice! I actually already have the gun and holster. I have a P365X and an AlienGear IWB (I don’t have my permit yet, need one more class) so I’ve just been practicing with it around the house. But it seems quite comfortable to me and under dark clothing my wife says she can’t tell that it’s there. I don’t really see what the big deal with printing is honestly. Is it to avoid someone trying to take your gun and use it against you? I’m trying to think objectively why I would care that someone who has undergone numerous background checks would be carrying a gun, but I realize not everyone has that opinion.
    You'll see this phrase a lot in here "concealed means concealed". If you're going to get your CCW and go through the trouble of carrying concealed, then you want your gun to be concealed as much as possible. You and I may not be bothered by someone who is printing, but do we really know if they're a law-abiding citizen with a CCW? They know but we might not know. And we know that we're law-abiding citizens who have gone through background checks and jumped various hoops to get our CCW, but other people in the store, restaurant, or wherever, they don't know that because they don't know us.

IMO, it's better to be totally concealed so I don't raise any eyebrows. Today's society is pretty screwed up and I'd guess that a lot of people could be on edge when out and about. Last thing I need when out shopping is to be printing and having some citizen who doesn't know me run to the store manager or call an officer. Sure, I'm legal and all, but I really don't want to be called out and have the police there causing a scene with yours truly. Much better to be in stealth mode and go undetected, so I can go about my business without interruption.

Plus, if there is someone in that store or restaurant or wherever, who has criminal intentions, he may not be planning on hurting anyone. But, if he sees that I'm carrying, I pose a huge threat to his plans and his life so guess who his #1 target to take out of play would be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bmoretriggerman

Latest threads

Top Bottom