• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie Van

Dude
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hollywood Star Lanes
    I am looking to add a .22 to my collection and love MSR style so I want to get it. Does anyone know how well this performs? I have bigger rifles so I only need accuracy and good performance up to 100 yards.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...Automatic+22+Long+Rifle+22+1+Capacity+16"+Bar

I have one and it's one of the most fun .22's I have (I have many :party29:).

Bought it from a member here and it is always a fav when I take people to the range.

SCAR22%20left.jpg

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    I have one and it's one of the most fun .22's I have (I have many :party29:).

Bought it from a member here and it is always a fav when I take people to the range.

SCAR22%20left.jpg

Always draws a crowd especially with the kids. Came with a 22 round mag (shhhhhh!) but only one. No other mags will fit and have had some FTT & FTT. Fun gun good to shoot.

View attachment 92481

View attachment 92482

how many yards are you guys able to accurately shoot this up to? im trying to be able to shoot it at 100 or less.

Eddie Van

Dude
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hollywood Star Lanes
    how many yards are you guys able to accurately shoot this up to? im trying to be able to shoot it at 100 or less.

The sights are a bit weak in form and function, but an optic should help. I've shot with the stock irons out to 100 and was able to ring some 3" steel...

EDIT: I mentioned the Pro's in my above post, some of the Con's: PITA to clean, not difficult, just tedious getting the bolt out to clean it well (and it really needs to be clean to run well), also some of these need the Firing Pin mod (mine did, which solved the FTF issues). Overall, it's a :thumbsup:...

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Eddie Van, right on with the PITA to clean and also with the accuracy out to 100 yds.

Be careful what you use to clean it, some things will eat the surface.

Also, thanks for the link for the firing pin mod, that might solve my FTTs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom