• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    I wouldn't get that anyway. DPMS lower, unknown upper, close to $2000 for an inferior quality rifle. I would stay fffffffffar away.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    In 8 days you can have possession of the rifle ?

Yes, in a secondary sale.

The law is worded after 7 days of not hearing anything from the MSP, it is okay to release the regulated firearm. Most dealers will not accept the liability, if the purchase is declined by the MSP.

matt1

Feb 5, 2013
    anne arundel county md
    yes just go to the msp barracks and do a private party transfer... they only require the seller to hold for 7 days and then after its yours. Buying anything regulated private party is the way to go right now. Problem is everything private party is selling for like 40% over its value lol.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    yes just go to the msp barracks and do a private party transfer... they only require the seller to hold for 7 days and then after its yours. Buying anything regulated private party is the way to go right now. Problem is everything private party is selling for like 40% over its value lol.

So what happens if MSP tells you after 10 days it's denied. Do I have to recover the firearm?

neversatisfiedj

Apr 16, 2013
    So why does it take months and months when you go thru FFL to buy regulated firearm ? But only a week and a half to complete paperwork thru private party ?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So what happens if MSP tells you after 10 days it's denied. Do I have to recover the firearm?
    The police will do this. You might consider calling them to remind them, but they should do it on their own.

So why does it take months and months when you go thru FFL to buy regulated firearm ? But only a week and a half to complete paperwork thru private party ?
    You have a lot less to lose. The dealers are doing a CYA for financial and publicity reasons.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So the owner holds the money and firearm until approval ? Sounds like you better trust the seller.

Last FTF transfer I did, I kept the firearm, the buyer kept the money until day #8. We met, he paid me, and provided a copy of a photo ID and signed the receipt. I gave him the firearm and we both went on our merry way.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    So the owner holds the money and firearm until approval ? Sounds like you better trust the seller.

Not necessarily. All you are filling out the paperwork for is for an application to purchase. No need for $ to change hands at the beginning. If I were ever to go this route as a seller I would at least get a $50 to $100 deposit with the balance due at the actual transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom