• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FMRAO3

Semper Paratus
    Apr 17, 2013
    Annapolis
    during the mix and height of all of the hub bub of boolits and brass. I picked up a few boxes of 100 GRN FMJ RN Hornady and some 95GRN XTP HP. I loaded some of the 95 GRN and had some stove piping on a few rounds. The rounds seemed kinda short for a 9mm round. I followed the OAL requirements but it just didn't seem to cycle very well or smooth. The one box says 9mm on it at .355 can't recall the exact thing of the 95GRN. If it would be better used in .380 would anyone be interested. Could be a KARMA give Away.

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    during the mix and height of all of the hub bub of boolits and brass. I picked up a few boxes of 100 GRN FMJ RN Hornady and some 95GRN XTP HP. I loaded some of the 95 GRN and had some stove piping on a few rounds. The rounds seemed kinda short for a 9mm round. I followed the OAL requirements but it just didn't seem to cycle very well or smooth. The one box says 9mm on it at .355 can't recall the exact thing of the 95GRN. If it would be better used in .380 would anyone be interested. Could be a KARMA give Away.
    most likely 9mm kurz = .380; 9mm kurz is not 9mm parabellum

FMRAO3

Semper Paratus
    Apr 17, 2013
    Annapolis
    well now that all makes sense to me. So now where to go from here. Where shall I run the Karma? and it means I have to come up with an original idea for my first one right???

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Look at the bottom of the case.

If it says .380 or 9mm Kurz or 9mmK or similar, it is .380.

9x19, 9mm Nato, etc are what you want.

FMRAO3

Semper Paratus
    Apr 17, 2013
    Annapolis
    Got it, I will chalk this up to Rookie learning curve, Everything else I have picked up has been 115 GRN or 124 GRN I will have to look again on the box, I know one says 9mm but don't remember seeing a K or anything like that. But then again I could be wrong. I pay much closer attention to what I pick up now. This was stuff that was early on in my reloading madness :D Thanks for all of the input.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC

I would almost bet that they are 9mm Mak. Almost all my factory loads are 95grn

FMRAO3

Semper Paratus
    Apr 17, 2013
    Annapolis
    Since I am at work today and won't get home till tomorrow, I will take a look at the Boxes and decide what I have and what I am going to do with them. Stand By to Stand By. More to come

FMRAO3

Semper Paratus
    Apr 17, 2013
    Annapolis
    Pics of boxes of Ammo

Not sure why they say 9mm but the 100 grn is much closer to the stuff that I use but the 95 grn is much shorter than I am used too. either way looks like they will be a Karma one box is lite by 16 rounds and the others should be full, maybe missing one or two from the 100 GRN box

Attachments

• 9mm or .380.jpg
      9mm or .380.jpg
      73.4 KB · Views: 167

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Not sure why they say 9mm but the 100 grn is much closer to the stuff that I use but the 95 grn is much shorter than I am used too. either way looks like they will be a Karma one box is lite by 16 rounds and the others should be full, maybe missing one or two from the 100 GRN box

They say that because there are a lot of 9mm that are not 9mm Luger. Like I said in my earlier post they appear to be more like 9mm Makarov. Keep in mind a .380 is also considered a baby 9MM by some folks. 9MM Luger (parabellum) are usually 115 or higher grain.

firefighter_21701

Aug 19, 2012
    FLORIDA
    these could be numerous selctions. you would have to micro the the areas listed in requirements but it could be a 9x17mm browning short round also a 9mm corto or kurz also listed with those is 380 acp and 380 auto. easiest way i can tell anyone who may get these boxes is get a micrometer and measure the spots it lists and see what it will fit. here is a link to the 9mm specs (yes it is wiki and not everything is up there yet) but it is accurate from my conversations with my gunsmith who has probably been around long enough to remember when the 9mm came out and became prominent in the pistol market. if i cant fix it i take it to him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9mm_caliber

also here is the link for the .380

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.380_ACP

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ah guys , he's talking about BULLETS here , not ammunition.

15-20yrs ago there was a mini-fad for light wt bullets at high vels in 9mm , but it has largely fallen by the wayside. As was the OP's initial thought COL and nose shape were common problems. Beyond that is the pressure curve ( not peak pressure ) vs the design and spring rates of individual gun.If the OP wanted to do this on purpose , he could experement with different powders, etc

But the simple solution is for these to find their way to someone who handloads .380 ( or 9mm for revolver) , and replaxe them with 115-124gr.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Those boxes are BULLETS.

.380 and 9mm use the same DIAMETER bullet. The bullet is 0.355" in diameter.

In Europe, .380ACP is known as 9mm Kurz (Short).

Typical 9mm (Luger, Parabellum, etc) is 9 x 19. Or a 9m bullet and a 19mm long case.

.380 or 9mm Kurz is also known as 9 x 17.

Makarov is 9 x 18. 9mm Browning long is 9 x 20, and there is a 9 x 21 used in USPSA shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom