Is there a snowball's chance in hell.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Okay, so SB281 isn't supposed to effect C&R. But it nevertheless, does when it comes to magazine capacity. If I can't buy a gun that I otherwise could have because it's C&R, because the magazine capacity is over ten rounds, then SB281 DOES effect C&R!

This pisses me off. Now that I have my C&R, I still can't use it to its full extent, on a technicality.

An obvious "work-around" would be for me to buy (as an example) a CZ82 without the mags that come with it, and have a friend in another state buy the magazines and have them shipped to him. Then I could just go to that state and get them from him.

Yeah. There'd be extra shipping and handling involved. But would a dealer even consider taking the time and trouble to do that when they can just sell the whole kit and kabootle to someone in a free state, and avoid the hassle.

I already know the answer. Just putting it our there for discussion.
    :(

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Actually... I've had more than a few dealers already work with me on the magazine issue (modern weapons so far, since there aren't many C&R with 20+ mags). True, some don't want to be bothered, but more than I thought are willing to work with you. If you pay the extra shipping, it is really very little skin off their nose. It pays to build some long term relationships with folks. If you are a good customer and are reasonable to deal with, I think you will find some folks who will want to help out. There is a lot of sympathy out there in America for those of us exiled to formerly free states.

Where there is a will... there is a way. Best of luck with it.

MagnumFarce

May 3, 2013
    Centreville, MD
    I agree with you. I bought a CZ82 now so I wouldn't have to go through the bull-manure you are describing. Does anyone know if it would still be legal to go out of state and purchase a C&R with >10 round capacity?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    You could always drive to Ohio where a couple of the big C&R vendors are and buy one in person and bring it back with you.

IANAL

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I agree with you. I bought a CZ82 now so I wouldn't have to go through the bull-manure you are describing. Does anyone know if it would still be legal to go out of state and purchase a C&R with >10 round capacity?

That is interstate commerce and not regulated by Maryland (solely regulated by the BATF), so you should be able to do that without a problem. Remember, it is legal to buy a 30 round magazine in PA and drive it into Maryland...

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD

You can bring any magazine size into the State and possess it. You can not receive it within the State borders. Yes, complete idiocy. :deadhorse:

Now, if the firearm you are bringing with the magazine is banned, than you can not bring the firearm in. You can still bring the magazine in. :sad20:

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Actually... I've had more than a few dealers already work with me on the magazine issue (modern weapons so far, since there aren't many C&R with 20+ mags). True, some don't want to be bothered, but more than I thought are willing to work with you. If you pay the extra shipping, it is really very little skin off their nose. It pays to build some long term relationships with folks. If you are a good customer and are reasonable to deal with, I think you will find some folks who will want to help out. There is a lot of sympathy out there in America for those of us exiled to formerly free states.

Where there is a will... there is a way. Best of luck with it.

I have had great luck with this as well. Most are sympathetic to our blight and are willing to help. Even if it costs a few bucks more it's good to develop these relationships. Then again there are larger companies that have flat out refused to even discuss the issue. I have found the individuals or small dealers on GB very good.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I was at a gun shop today and heard some really crazy stuff about semi auto rifles with detachable mags. Don't want to repeat any wild rumors, but I want to see how this will shake out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom