• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KimuraFTW

Jul 20, 2012
    Clinton, MD
    The problem is black people voting for Obama and his people like omalley and the rest of them. Which is why I'm starting my movement to help educate my people about what's taking place and what rights really are about. It's one thing to hear it from such n such but to hear and see the black guy with dreads and Jordans on preaching about it should wake people up. I was once a Obama omalley fan and going for whatever they dish out but something woke me up. People can be wokin up! Don't get me wrong alot of them are just stupid but there's way more that just need to be woke up and see the light. So when election time come around they know what there looking for.

People need to know that stripping away guns from law abiding citizens gives criminals the upper hand. And that any party that gives the criminal who doesn't care what the laws are the upper hand is no party to be affiliated with unless it's a pro 2nd A democrat which there are. People need to see commercials like the MB PSA announcement about low capacity mags. Alot of people and blacks people don't learn unless they can see it over and over or experience it! Trust me I've been around them all my life and I've been black most my life.

So if we can get some of these organizations to help people like me convert my people we can get these black voters who vote dem just because of Obama to convert on over and see the light. First time around I voted Obama l, 2nd time around I didn't vote at all because Romney was scum. I'm waiting for a republican that's close to the middle that cares about people that want to work and contribute to this nation and cares about our 2nd amendment.

I don't think it's over for Maryland but it's goina start with educating black people to win over alot more votes and stand a chance exspecially in pg and etc... Too many vote dem just because of Obama. I like Obama as a person but I don't agree with his 2nd amendment attacks and shot like that. Time to get organized! Boots on the ground, information! Educating! Courts! Lawsuits! And more education for our Maryland citizens who just go along for the he'll of it instead of really paying attention and making a well thought out decision.

Constitution is only dead if we allow it to die, instead of quitting we need to get organized and start converting! Sure I'm moving out of the state but I planned to do that a long long time ago. My family is from north Carolina so that's where I'm ultimately going but while I'm here I want to help save Maryland! So whatever anybody needs me to do I'll do as far as the political side of things. A lot of people complain but never want to change anything about it! It's time to complain and then do something about it!

We as blacks have been fed the lie in such a masterful way that it's become taboo to think any differently. My parents are unwavering democrats and they don't even know why. My fiance's entire family was throwing "Obama parties" during the elections. I understand the motivation behind wanting to see a (partially) black man attain such a high position and be successful, but if you have no intention of holding that person in power to a standard because of their race, religion, age, or whatever it may be, you may as well be a slave. I've had plenty of conversations with people of that ilk that can only regurgitate the talking points they've heard and actually have no idea how the things that they're so upset about have largely been caused by the people that THEY voted for. I've had success convincing those with rational minds that there may actually be another way, but the rational mind is slowly fading. Many of us are bound by fear of the risks associated with freedom and liberty. This is clearly seen on 2A issues. People would rather trade their liberty in for the illusion of security and that sentiment is further magnified by the scare tactics constantly being used in politics. Some people don't want true freedom to succeed if that comes with the freedom to fail. They don't want the freedom to control their own lives if it comes with the responsibility of not screwing it up and nobody to blame when you do. Such a fundamental change of philosophy is difficult to produce in people with facts and sound arguments when facts and sound arguments aren't why they believe what they believe in the first place.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Yet they keep electing the same yahoos year after year. People don't connect the foolishness which comes out of Annapolis and DC with the fools they keep sending there.

Both the Constitution and common sense are dead in this state.
    There are still plenty of bumpers around here with Ehrlich stickers on them. This area also has legislators that for the most part stood up for us. Norman Stone stayed true to his word through all of the SB281 garbage. You have honest guys like him and then absolute snake pieces of fecal matter like Brochin up in Towson....

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    The problem lies with the people. They're the ones who vote the bums into office in the first place. Any real "fix" has to happen one of two ways. First, we could have a MASSIVE education campaign to wake people up, not just to the 2A, but the motives behind the restriction of our rights. The second way, which is what I expect to happen, is it just keeps getting worse and worse, hopefully in a short enough period of time, where the notion of incrementalism no longer works.

The only reason we've gotten to this point is because most people don't live by any principles; they're existing in this relativist state. Just look at how gun laws have been passed over time. If MOM tried to pull this past session 60 years ago, the entire state would have given him the finger. The only reason they got it passed was because they chiseled away a little at a time. IF, and this is a big IF, things keep accelerating at their current pace, we'll reach a point where a huge amount of horrible legislation will have been passed, enough for people to realize what's actually happening, and combined with some education, will result in elections that favor 2A supporters.

Absolutely right. Don't blame the politicians, blame those to elected and RE-elected them. Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me. As long as we have a majority of LIV's who sit slack jawed and believe everything the Sun publishes and all the pablum that the local evening newsreaders put forth, then nothing will change.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    The problem lies with the people. They're the ones who vote the bums into office in the first place. Any real "fix" has to happen one of two ways. First, we could have a MASSIVE education campaign to wake people up, not just to the 2A, but the motives behind the restriction of our rights. The second way, which is what I expect to happen, is it just keeps getting worse and worse, hopefully in a short enough period of time, where the notion of incrementalism no longer works.

The only reason we've gotten to this point is because most people don't live by any principles; they're existing in this relativist state. Just look at how gun laws have been passed over time. If MOM tried to pull this past session 60 years ago, the entire state would have given him the finger. The only reason they got it passed was because they chiseled away a little at a time. IF, and this is a big IF, things keep accelerating at their current pace, we'll reach a point where a huge amount of horrible legislation will have been passed, enough for people to realize what's actually happening, and combined with some education, will result in elections that favor 2A supporters.

Essentially, the frog in the water scenario?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    We as blacks have been fed the lie in such a masterful way that it's become taboo to think any differently. My parents are unwavering democrats and they don't even know why. My fiance's entire family was throwing "Obama parties" during the elections. I understand the motivation behind wanting to see a (partially) black man attain such a high position and be successful, but if you have no intention of holding that person in power to a standard because of their race, religion, age, or whatever it may be, you may as well be a slave. I've had plenty of conversations with people of that ilk that can only regurgitate the talking points they've heard and actually have no idea how the things that they're so upset about have largely been caused by the people that THEY voted for. I've had success convincing those with rational minds that there may actually be another way, but the rational mind is slowly fading. Many of us are bound by fear of the risks associated with freedom and liberty. This is clearly seen on 2A issues. People would rather trade their liberty in for the illusion of security and that sentiment is further magnified by the scare tactics constantly being used in politics. Some people don't want true freedom to succeed if that comes with the freedom to fail. They don't want the freedom to control their own lives if it comes with the responsibility of not screwing it up and nobody to blame when you do. Such a fundamental change of philosophy is difficult to produce in people with facts and sound arguments when facts and sound arguments aren't why they believe what they believe in the first place.

This is very interesting from a black man that pays attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0sk4yGaEk8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tboXimI82Cc

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Same questions and concerns, just brought up by new people.....rehash it all you want.

The only thing that's changed is that Illinois is getting concealed carry. Does that answer the original question?

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011

You sir, are awake to reality of life in the U.S.S.A! It gives me increased hope.

You are right and unfortunately, many people will continue to buy the government and MSM lies even as the world crumbles around them. The monster behemoth known as the federal government has been on an unsustainable path for decades, is morally bankrupt & mascarades as the shining city on the hill for the rest of the world. We were at one time, but no longer. Fortunately, the country IS the people, NOT the government (which acts contrary to the will of the people). We, as a country, have been asleep at the wheel for way too long. As the number of people who wake up reaches a critical mass, there will be change. The elite running this massive ponzi scheme is aware their control is coming to an end. The question is how much damage will they inflict on their way out. They will use many Americans as "useful" idiots to carry out their plans. People need to be aware of this and make a decision not to participate. It won't be easy since it might mean their livelihood or worse, the very lives are at risk. They control the monetary system, the important land, the food chain, the military, the politicians, etc.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Absolutely right. Don't blame the politicians, blame those to elected and RE-elected them. Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me. As long as we have a majority of LIV's who sit slack jawed and believe everything the Sun publishes and all the pablum that the local evening newsreaders put forth, then nothing will change.

The political system is rigged. Has anybody noticed we've been voting for the lesser of two evils for decades? The pendulum swings back and forth every few years but nothing really good every comes of it. That's because the powerful folks that OWN both parties stay in control no matter who the voters put in office. Once the voters, assuming a fair and fraud free election happens, get the BALLS to elect representatives outside of the false left/right paradigm in mass, you will start to see things change. Until then, it will be the status quo.

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    The problem lies with the people. They're the ones who vote the bums into office in the first place.

But this is where the Constitution itself is thrown out the window. The Constitution defines the USA as a Republic, where sovereignty is granted to the individual. What we have now are govt. representatives acting as a Democracy (sovereignty is granted to the group, or what the founding fathers called "mob rule")...something the Constitution was very carefully drafted to avoid. Obama is always saying "the majority of the people want it" when he wants something done. But the Republic, with it's notion of individual sovereignty, was responsible for both emancipation and the Civil Rights laws, which I'm sure, were not wanted by "the majority" in their times.

Ironically, the Gay Marriage issue is actually a Constitutional issue, and if Liberals presented it as such, there could be no questioning it...it is a civil liberty of our guaranteed equal rights. But progressives never bring up the constitutional argument, because the majority of their agenda is anti-Constitutional, and they don't want to open up that can of worms.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    The political system is rigged. Has anybody noticed we've been voting for the lesser of two evils for decades? The pendulum swings back and forth every few years but nothing really good every comes of it. That's because the powerful folks that OWN both parties stay in control no matter who the voters put in office. Once the voters, assuming a fair and fraud free election happens, get the BALLS to elect representatives outside of the false left/right paradigm in mass, you will start to see things change. Until then, it will be the status quo.

I can't disagree with you. At least since 1994, Maryland has not run a clean election.

RavensFan11

May 28, 2013
    Timonium
    I keep wondering what we would be seeing on the news and the backlash from the Libs here in Maryland if all of a sudden we told Planned Parenthood that they had to wait for 90 or 100 days in order to provide their "services" to a woman. NO WAY in the world would it be accepted....but since our wait only affects us "right wing gun nuts" nobody cares. On another note...I am telling you - if one of us stuck in this current wait has a home invasion where we can't defend ourselves....that is one huge lawsuit that will hit The People's Republic of Maryland!

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    But this is where the Constitution itself is thrown out the window. The Constitution defines the USA as a Republic, where sovereignty is granted to the individual. What we have now are govt. representatives acting as a Democracy (sovereignty is granted to the group, or what the founding fathers called "mob rule")...something the Constitution was very carefully drafted to avoid. Obama is always saying "the majority of the people want it" when he wants something done. But the Republic, with it's notion of individual sovereignty, was responsible for both emancipation and the Civil Rights laws, which I'm sure, were not wanted by "the majority" in their times.

Ironically, the Gay Marriage issue is actually a Constitutional issue, and if Liberals presented it as such, there could be no questioning it...it is a civil liberty of our guaranteed equal rights. But progressives never bring up the constitutional argument, because the majority of their agenda is anti-Constitutional, and they don't want to open up that can of worms.

This guy gets it!:thumbsup:

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    I keep wondering what we would be seeing on the news and the backlash from the Libs here in Maryland if all of a sudden we told Planned Parenthood that they had to wait for 90 or 100 days in order to provide their "services" to a woman. NO WAY in the world would it be accepted....but since our wait only affects us "right wing gun nuts" nobody cares. On another note...I am telling you - if one of us stuck in this current wait has a home invasion where we can't defend ourselves....that is one huge lawsuit that will hit The People's Republic of Maryland!

PP should be defunded of tax payers contributions immediately and forever. They make every taxpayer a party to the destruction of other completely innocent human beings. Same thing can be said re: the collateral damage we cause with the "wars" in the Middle East.

Alex

Jan 19, 2013
    Montgomery County
    We live in the bluest of blue states. Maryland has the highest percentage of registered Democrats of any state in the nation. And these aren't middle-of-the-road Democrats, they are left wing. Obama got 90% of the vote in PG in the last election. 90%! He got 87% in Baltimore city and 70% in Montgomery. Romney didn't even waste his time here.

I know the people who live in Bethesda and Chevy Chase and Potomac. I do business with them and go to their dinner parties. They don't think like you and I. They're limousine liberal "elites." They don't think about guns from the perspective of personal liberty and 2A rights. They think people who own ARs are nuts, and they really believe in their hearts that restricting gun ownership will make us all safer. And if you try to talk intelligently about the issue with them, they treat you like you're from another planet.

If you think SB281 is bad, wait until the next Newtown. The response to that will be even worse. We might be able to win a battle here and there in Maryland, but we will never win the war. The antis are just too much of a majority, and they won't give up.

Having lived in Montgomery County for the last decade or so, I can confirm that this is spot on. These people have a completely different mindset from most of us on this forum.

I think there are two key things to remember as well:

First, they like what MOM is doing regarding firearms. They think we are nuts, wackos, extremists simply by virtue of owning any gun. They laugh off and disregard quaint notions like the constitution and liberty. And many are perfectly fine with far more draconian laws than even the ones recently passed. Often I see members on this board reprimanding the more "extreme" statements made (usually) by some newer members. While I agree that we need to keep our rhetoric under control, just remember that the other side thinks we are all extremists and nuts regardless if we oppose the more out there nonsense like armed marches and the like.

Second, (and most importantly I believe) is that firearms for most of them are a peripheral issue at best. Many gun owners seem to get tunnel vision when it comes to 2A issues, and divorce the topic from any other issue. True, we keep losing in this state because of those handful of counties. But the fact of the matter is that the "ruling" party carries those counties because those people vote overwhelmingly left on nearly all of the "big" issues; economic, social or otherwise. When the President or Governor purposefully conflate semi or full automatic, they do it because they can. Their constituency doesn't know the difference, doesn't care to know, and elected them on entirely different issues. SB281 might have been a forgone conclusion (in the General Assembly anyway,) but it wasn't because those delegates were elected on gun issues. There are a few true believers like Frosh, but the majority of them got elected for all of the "regular" issues.

I know many of us worked tirelessly to defeat this bill, but the hard question is did you work tirelessly on every other issue as well? When an amnesty gets through and shortly thereafter Maryland has a few hundred thousand more reliably blue voters, that will obviously strengthen the hand of MOM and his ilk. How about another massive bureaucracy downtown and the thousands of accordingly majority blue bureaucrats that come to the area with it? Or the gradual shifting of population from the tax-paying working class to the entitlement-receiving class? None of these issues directly have anything to do with 2A issues, but every one of them (and countless others) will inevitably lead to the further erosion of 2A rights, as they inherently strengthen the party that has as one of its positions increasing gun control.

I understand the rational and desire behind trying to be apolitical on issues other than 2A, but I think we do this at our own peril. We fight on 2A, and win or loose on that issue. They win or occasionally even lose on 2A, but as long as they are still winning on every other issue they will prevail on 2A in the end as well....

tomh

Jul 21, 2008
    Hey fellow 2A enthusiasts, I just would like y'all's opinion about the state of the constitution in the commie republic of malleyland. How can we bring back our 2A rights in this state ? Because we have obviously lost them. I've been. Waiting over. 80. Days. For a firearm
    purchased. Months ago is there some1 we can vote in who will respect.the constitution ?
    Do we need to go to the feds? This is fukn ridiculous. Can we impeach chairman 0 malley?

You asked is the Constitution Dead in Maryland?

Yes.

And the Supreme Court is aiding and abeting. I understand that Maryland will soon schedule everyone for a quick arrest so that the database for DNA can be built more rapidly, and include all Maryland Residents.

Unless you're a real criminal of course, the charges will be dropped shortly after you are arrested, thus absolving them of any issue.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Short answer yes, most of our rights are severely diminished if not totally gone unless of course you are part of a protected class.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    You asked is the Constitution Dead in Maryland?

Yes.

And the Supreme Court is aiding and abeting. I understand that Maryland will soon schedule everyone for a quick arrest so that the database for DNA can be built more rapidly, and include all Maryland Residents.

Unless you're a real criminal of course, the charges will be dropped shortly after you are arrested, thus absolving them of any issue.

I believe you can get the DNA sample expunged, but the only way to ever be sure there are no copies of your DNA floating around in digital form is to never get tested, never get scanned, and never leave any DNA at the scene of a crime.

A shame as I'd love to benefit from some of the positives that testing my profile would lead to (such as, say, 23 and me), but I can't trust anyone to not misuse that data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom