• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Specifically from gunownerdotcom or a subdomain?

PS. I should add I’m getting this on my iPhone.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Droid, Google, Windows based phone?

I assume you’re telling me to switch platforms? Are they really any safer? I always hear the opposite. With 2 iPads and 2 iPhones that’d be an expensive option. I could see upgrading the iPhones to 13’s. We have 11’s. I don’t know if that would help.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I assume you’re telling me to switch platforms? Are they really any safer? I always hear the opposite. With 2 iPads and 2 iPhones that’d be an expensive option. I could see upgrading the iPhones to 13’s. We have 11’s. I don’t know if that would help.
    No. Not at all. Just trying to find out more information. Folks who are reading, need more information so they can try to help you.

You should be running iOS 15.5 on your devices. And there are ways to dump malware off of iPhones.

Press the Volume up, then press volume down, then press and hold the power button. Keep holding it pressed while the screen goes blank and until you see the Apple logo reappear on start up. Then release the power button.
    That will clear anything in the cache. Which usually gets rid of any malware problems.

Last edited:

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    A description of what it is doing would help. And have you contacted the website to tell them about it? Or Apple, to fix the devices?

I have one of these routers. It’s detecting outbound traffic and blocking it.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Changing from to an iPhone 13 won't change the way the Safari browser works.

To help see if your problem is a router, a proxy, or just a scrap of javascript that's been cached by an ad on the browser you're using on your phones/tablets: install another browser or two. The Chrome browser is free, and runs just fine on your devices. It has its own caching system, and won't interfere with your Safari settings/history. I also install the iCab browser, and set it up to completely purge all history and empty its cache whenever I close it. It's the perfect testbed for diagnosing problems like this.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Changing from to an iPhone 13 won't change the way the Safari browser works.

To help see if your problem is a router, a proxy, or just a scrap of javascript that's been cached by an ad on the browser you're using on your phones/tablets: install another browser or two. The Chrome browser is free, and runs just fine on your devices. It has its own caching system, and won't interfere with your Safari settings/history. I also install the iCab browser, and set it up to completely purge all history and empty its cache whenever I close it. It's the perfect testbed for diagnosing problems like this.
    What is your opinion of Chrome Vs DuckDuckGo? And How much do/can you trust either?
    Also... How is iCab working out?

aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md
    This is how you can see if you have malware on your computer:
    download 5 different free antivirus and malware programs, AT A TIME, run the scan, and see if it can pick up anything
    I used to work at best buy Geek Squad. When people bring in their computer for a virus scan they have a software that preloads 5 different antivirus on it and run, scan, and remove all threats.
    Personally I'd run it with: Windows Defender first, and the install Bit Defender and then uninstanll, and the install AVG, run, and uninstall, install Malwarebytes, and then uninstall, and then install and run Panda, and uninstall.

These 5 different software have different detection method so will detect most threats out there. Its time consuming, for the most part it will pick up any adware/virus/malware on your computer

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Specifically from gunownerdotcom or a subdomain?

PS. I should add I’m getting this on my iPhone.
    What do you mean by "Getting" have you found actual malware on you Apple devices?

If so, have you removed them and have they returned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom