Interesting Talk to with Moco police officer today about country directives w/ ccw

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Very much true, but the addition of body cams has taught many of the younger officers that they do NOT have discretion. They are taught that everyone has to be treated the same, which is absurd. To me, a member of the military gets a LOT more leeway than a member of the bar association, for example.
    Just to get in your head a bit, intent plus presumed knowledge of the laws are a factor in your thinking?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Are body cams routinely reviewed? Seems to me they should only be used for a complaint or in favor of officer actions if questioned.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I'm happy to see body cameras on police - keeps them honest.

I just wish there was an equal option for attorneys. Just finished a trial where my defendant successfully got the victim to not testify against him. Lots of jail calls from defendant to victim where he says that his attorney told him that the victim needs to sign an affidavit that she wants to recant. Many defense attorneys that I have spoken with are slimy.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I have no problem with everyone being treated equally. I do have a problem with creating classes of people that are treated better than us peons/serfs. I'm a member of the bar association (unless you said that in reference to those who frequent local watering holes), so you'd slap me with whatever you could just because of my profession? I'm happy to see body cameras on police - keeps them honest.
    A sensitive lawyer? I'd have thought that would have been dealt with via years of lawyer jokes, at the very least.

Frankly, Spoon059's comment made me smile. I'm certain I'm not the only one.

If you have difficulty comprehending whay it should be so, bear in mind the professions of the vast majority of our General Assembly, and the overall MDS feeling for that august body.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Just to get in your head a bit, intent plus presumed knowledge of the laws are a factor in your thinking?
    Yes, plus some professional courtesy. You fought for my freedom and just got home to attend your buddies funeral, I'll give you a ride home rather than a citation for disorderly.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    You think this would work for lawyers?

Boy, do I have a lawyer joke for you.

Can't put it here, because, you know, hurtful . . .

Remind me over a beer, if ever we meet.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yes, plus some professional courtesy. You fought for my freedom and just got home to attend your buddies funeral, I'll give you a ride home rather than a citation for disorderly.
    Thanks for being one of the good guys.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Are body cams routinely reviewed? Seems to me they should only be used for a complaint or in favor of officer actions if questioned.
    When we got them, they could only be reviewed for use of force, traffic collisions and complaints. Perfectly fine with that. Before body cams I had a dash cam. Dash cams routinely cleared me from BS courtesy complaints.

I believe that with the new police accountability board that they (police haters) can randomly review any video and initiate investigations for anything. That's a fishing expedition. You watch enough video, you'll find something they did wrong...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I believe that with the new police accountability board that they (police haters) can randomly review any video and initiate investigations for anything. That's a fishing expedition. You watch enough video, you'll find something they did wrong...
    That’s just crazy. It sounds like “they” want to be drone pilots…

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Boy, do I have a lawyer joke for you.

Can't put it here, because, you know, hurtful . . .

Remind me over a beer, if ever we meet.
    Go ahead and put it here just change it from Lawyers to Amish or something with thick skin to protect the poor hurt ones.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018

Nurses choose what size catheter you get.
    Yes they do. Never piss off a nurse. Had a guy on PCP piss off a nurse once. She grabbed what I can only imagine was a garden house and shoved it up his pee hole. High on PCP and theoretically feeling no pain, that man screamed for his momma as she fed that cath in.

That was 19-20 years ago, I remember it as if it was yesterday!

mikem623

Jan 8, 2016
    Carney
    Dead Horse , but there are a plethora of scenarios where 100 % percent legal ownership of handgun o ownership , without 77R involvement . Especially if person born before 1975 .
    Or if the person built the firearm himself and had it engraved by a ffl. No 77r

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Or if the person built the firearm himself and had it engraved by a ffl. No 77r
    I will lend handguns to people I know who:
    1. Have an HQL
    2. Have a permit

I have an H&K USP out on loan from my library. I really don’t care if the borrower carries it. He won’t, I’m sure as it’s a huge pistol.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I can attest to OP's convo with the officer. I'm up to 3 moco and 1 rockville city cops when it comes to picking their brains on the moco bill. One of the reasons I never stopped carrying along with the 2 calls to CCW safe. No charge= free defense...if charged it must be reviewed. I'll take that over being dead.

As for the registered bit that was not mentioned but one told me that riding with the gun not on your person i.e. armrest ect. is illegal which technically is true due to the law but not applied to CCW holders before the bill. Sometimes people have their own interpretations

Last edited:

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I think body cams are as or more often used as a weapon by supervisors to use against individual officers for personal reasons than anything official with interactions with the public.

When I was a LEO I saw many disciplinary actions taken against officers for petty personal reasons than anything truly wrong…things the supervisor routinely did.

The one-eye-no-lie is a mean teacher.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I can attest to OP's convo with the officer. I'm up to 3 moco and 1 rockville city cops when it comes to picking their brains on the moco bill. One of the reasons I never stopped carrying along with the 2 calls to CCW safe. No charge= free defense...if charged it must be reviewed. I'll take that over being dead.

As for the registered bit that was not mentioned but one told me that riding with the gun not on your person i.e. armrest ect. is illegal which technically is true due to the law but not applied to CCW holders before the bill. Sometimes people have their own interpretations
    If you're not charged what would you need them to defend you from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom