• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    This is the first time I've seen this for a C&R item.

"Maryland C&Rs also need to furnish their Regulated Firearm Collector Letter Copy"

Jul 1, 2012
    I betcha I know who - initials are RTP perchance? If so I've dropped em a line several times with no response...

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Anyone with that in the description of their items isn't getting my money. What a load of crap. There's plenty of sellers on GB that will take a C&R and C&R alone.

"Don't ascribe to malice that which can as easily be attributed to ignorance."

An old friend has used that as his e-mail signature line for decades (before the Internet). Try to look at it from the standpoint of the dealers. There are 50 states and thousands of municipalities, and lots of them have different laws. They have their businesses, fines, and even jail time at risk if they don't interpret something correctly. You don't. Call them, ask to speak to someone who has the power to look at the situation, explain the laws, and -- most important -- give them references so that they can see for themselves that you are correct.

But don't get a chip on your shoulder about this stuff. The gun dealers aren't the bad guys. They are caught having to deal with the same BS as everyone else. If you want to vent, fire off a letter to your local representatives and that poor excuse for a governor who's wasting space in Annapolis.

"Don't ascribe to malice that which can as easily be attributed to ignorance."

An old friend has used that as his e-mail signature line for decades (before the Internet). Try to look at it from the standpoint of the dealers. There are 50 states and thousands of municipalities, and lots of them have different laws. They have their businesses, fines, and even jail time at risk if they don't interpret something correctly. You don't. Call them, ask to speak to someone who has the power to look at the situation, explain the laws, and -- most important -- give them references so that they can see for themselves that you are correct.

But don't get a chip on your shoulder about this stuff. The gun dealers aren't the bad guys. They are caught having to deal with the same BS as everyone else. If you want to vent, fire off a letter to your local representatives and that poor excuse for a governor who's wasting space in Annapolis.

You're right, of course. I was just venting, sorry. The gun/gun owner hating Nazis in Annapolis couldn't care less about anything we say or have said the new laws confirm that. Our illustrious Governor has his eyes on the White House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom