• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    I pulled this mag from my remington rand ww2 1911.
    Its one of the i believe pre-war production mags, it has no markings on it blued on the bottom and left in the white on top. The baseplate is pinned.
    I know that colt and reminton umc both had no markings on their mags but one has a shorter lip than the other, but i cant tell what is short or not. So I included a comparison to a modern mec gar 1911 mag.
    Any information would be appreciated.
    Also because the remington rand I have has been refinished is it worth it to hold on to this mag? it doesn't drop free so it doesn't have a lot of value to me as a shooter. I know they are supposed to be worth a few dollars, so should I just sell it or is it worth it to hold on to for any reason?

IMAG0358.jpg

IMAG0357.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    It is a Colt 2 tone . They were fully blued then dipped in a boiling cyanide solution to harden the feed lips which in turn removed the bluing . That mag would be correct for a 1911 Colt up into ealry WW2 , they used up the supply they had on hand . There is a market for them and they are worth a few bucks to the right person . I recently paid $250 for a pair of them for my 1940 Colt but they are in much better shape .

The correct mag for your Remington Rand would be marked on the top of the toe with a S-Scollville , R-Rison or L-Little . And they would be full blue .

edit American pin was WWI my mistake

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    to add to my previous post . Some magazines were made specifically for Colt during WWII by contractors and they were marked on the bottom of the floor plate on the toe with this .........

C-R for Risdon
    C-S for Scollville
    C-L for Little

These mags were shipped only with Colts . Remington Rand , Ithaca and the others shipped with R,L and S marked mags .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom