Inappropriate exchange with gun store owner while concealed carrying at his store?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    New carriers:
    1) Don’t security check your gun is fine
    2) don’t tell anyone you have a gun
    3) be nice and mins your own business
    4) DONT TELL ANYONE ABOUT YOUR GUN
    5) Be nice to people until it’s time not to
    Dalton approves.

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    Keep it in your pants. There’s no need to inform anyone you’re carrying (unless it’s LEO and you are extending them a courtesy, which is what I would do).

I wouldn't even volunteer it to LEO, They are on a need to know basis, and they don't need to know until I am legally compelled to do so.

RNB3

Apr 24, 2019
    in dem mountinz
    Don’t know if this has already been mentioned, but it bears repeating. It is not a personal jab, but rather a helpful tip from a renowned source…

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
    - Proverbs 17:28

I will now pass the collection plate…

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    I personally know the owner of GMA... he's a quintessential smart ass, veteran and paramedic, ridden several medic units with him before. This was definitely a quip and a jab at you being... well weird. He doesn't care if people are carrying long as they aren't stupid in the shop.
    This is an accurate description of Anthony. After reading the initial post, I'm surprised thats all that he said. LoL

eventhorizon

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2011
    Arnold
    Listen to the fish...he's right...

fish_kept_his_mouth_shut copy.jpg

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You said several times that you "Informed". Meaning you are letting them know you are carrying, for whatever reason, who knows.
    "Informing" someone you are carrying a G26 (or whatever) certainly is not you asking if they have holsters for a G26.

Just carry your gun and shut up about it.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    This thread reminds me of this famous one

OP never did return after the heat JB laid on them

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    It is interesting how many in the gun community hold gun store employees to such a high standard. Not sure if it’s justified or not. I don’t know if it’s just hard to find or that they can only afford to pay so much that it is what it is(square grouper your not typical and everyone knows it). Nearly all the gun shops I frequent are actually pretty good so when I travel out of state , I’m not surprised to hear the things I hear from the salesman.

Plus not everyone who is in sales are wordsmiths and plenty of opportunities for Awkwardness can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Those pretending to be a SEAL tell you.
    My SF buddy hates SEALs. He says when they retire all they do is tell people how great the SEALs are. He did underwater demolitions, HALO certified and everything in between. Lol.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    You are some kind of special! All the hell he was saying was to keep the damn thing HOLSTERED unless you have a “mortal threat that requires deadly force” while you are in the store. As a former gun shop employee, I can tell you there are enough IDIOTS that wander into a gun shop that just have to pull their carry gun to “show it to ya!”, and (you’re not gonna believe this), I got damn tired of being muzzled (or flagged)! Don’t pull your gun for show and tell in a gun shop, and above all “concealed means CONCEALED”! You guys got too damn much, too fast, you all are gonna screw it up, lose your new rights, AND YOU’RE GOING TO DESERVE IT! Fix yourselves, damnit!
    He didn't say he pulled it - he said he "informed" them that he was carrying...

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    My SF buddy hates SEALs. He says when they retire all they do is tell people how great the SEALs are. He did underwater demolitions, HALO certified and everything in between. Lol.
    How do you know all this? He couldn't help but tell you?...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom