Inappropriate exchange with gun store owner while concealed carrying at his store?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    People sure where fast to jump on OP for his comments. But were fine with someone else open carring in OC just to show off. Only difference was one was in the click. The others not
    Apples and oranges

Roro

Jun 26, 2022
    Md
    You have a problem reading the situation. And the room.

In the OC situation the individual didn't walk up to the cops and say "Hey, BTW I'm carrying a X in a Y holster, just to exercise muh rights."
    Same thing. Different way of announcing that you're carring. Each wanted someone to notice them.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Same thing. Different way of announcing that you're carring. Each wanted someone to notice them.

Not even close. Whether you like it or not, open carry is legal in MD and can be done for multiple reasons other than drawing attention.

Walking into a business and randomly announcing you're carrying is legal, but weird, unless you're an armed robber. There is no other reason to do it in the way it was described.

Roro

Jun 26, 2022
    Md
    Not even close. Whether you like it or not, open carry is legal in MD and can be done for multiple reasons other than drawing attention.

Walking into a business and randomly announcing you're carrying is legal, but weird, unless you're an armed robber. There is no other reason to do it in the way it was

Walking into a business and randomly announcing you're carrying is legal, but weird, unless you're an armed robber. There is no other reason to do it in the way it was described.
    He announced it to the clerk. He didn't walk in and yell it out loud. And open carry is legal. Still say it was to get noticed in both cases

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    He announced it to the clerk. He didn't walk in and yell it out loud. And open carry is legal. Still say it was to get noticed in both cases
    maxresdefault (2) (2).jpg

Good for you. I have no idea why either did it. All I can say is there are reasonable explanations for one of them.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Oh goody goody... I FINALLY made it into the "clique"... now what will I do for entertainment... cake... bring me cake, peasants!!!
    HUZZAH!!!

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    This story: CCW vs OC

It's kinda like someone wearing women's underwear and telling people they're wearing them, vs being big tittied Canadian shop teacher.

CrabbyTurtle

Dec 23, 2020
    2A First
    I think OP overreacted about the store incident when he made this post about it. OP then overreacted to some of the comments on a thread he wanted peoples opinion on. Then OP said he won't return to the shop.
    I think OP got issues.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    /thread (As if that ever happens here)

:deadhorse:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Dickheads or not, it seems like the VAST majority of posters on here agree that it was actually the OP who was more in the wrong than the shop owner. I wonder if the OP will do some self reflection and allow for learning and growth (as we all do from making mistakes)...or double down for some :popcorn:

steves2

Dec 26, 2010
    Chevy Chase, MD
    I visited a gun store in La Plata yesterday, I think the name of the store is Gun Monkey. Upon entering the front door I looked for any notifications about carrying a loaded firearm inside the store just to make sure I didn’t freak anybody out or violate any stores policy and I didn’t see any such notification so I entered the store and the store employee asked if he could help me and I told him I was looking for a holster for one of my other handguns I want to carry. He pointed me in the direction of the holsters he had and I then informed him that I was carrying my g26 in an IWB holster and I’m just exercising my new rights. I just received my HGP so I just wanted to inform him so that there’s no misunderstanding or mistakes in judgments occur. The guy replied “Just don’t pull it out unless I’m going to have to exercise my right”. I felt some kind of way about his response so I told him the there’s really no need for this kind of conversation and that I was informing him as a courtesy just in case I missed the sign or something.

Does anyone think this was appropriate or did I miss something?
    In places that have more CC gun stores often have signs sayin something like, ‘if you are wearing a gun, keep it in your holster’.
    A reason workers in gun stores are armed is because they don’t want to get robbed. Guess what you look like when you pull your gun?
    I’d say his comment is just normal, polite gun/store chat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom