• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I know this isn’t the perfect place for this question, but anyone have any thoughts on the current FAIR price for Turkish 8 mm Mauser on strippers in Bandoliers? Stumbled into a gun store in rural middle America and the guys have no idea what it is. They have no price in mind. I’ll buy it if it’s cheap enough. I told them I’d figure out what I think it’s worth.

I was selling the Bandoliers for 25-30 last year it wasnt that fast moving as only certain folks want it

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I guess that's just the way it's going to be until the .gov lifts the import ban on Russia and/or China. The price will drop if that ever happens.

Doubtful, Even when they "find" more stashes they dont drop prices much at all. Maybe just enough to make you think your getting a good deal or they do it like classic "Ooo folks we found Two crates of this... It might be the last ones ever available.. Now only for 100 more than you paid 6 months ago. dont miss this Opportunity !! "

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Doubtful, Even when they "find" more stashes they dont drop prices much at all. Maybe just enough to make you think your getting a good deal or they do it like classic "Ooo folks we found Two crates of this... It might be the last ones ever available.. Now only for 100 more than you paid 6 months ago. dont miss this Opportunity !! "

I was basing this on the $200 Russian SKSs you can buy in Canada. That's like $160 USD. Not that the first to import them would give anyone a break. I figure the price would drop as more came in. That said, I have no clue how many are still sitting in Russia or China.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    I was basing this on the $200 Russian SKSs you can buy in Canada. That's like $160 USD. Not that the first to import them would give anyone a break. I figure the price would drop as more came in. That said, I have no clue how many are still sitting in Russia or China.

I have to agree except I'm not holding my breath on a lift of the import ban.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

I have to agree except I'm not holding my breath on a lift of the import ban.

I hope you guys are right but i think your giving the importers/ dealers too much credit, even if they get it for 160-200 i dont think they would bother passing that savings on to us. Now if one of them bought the majority and cut the prices in half to make Some profit without gouging the rest would have no choice but I think they would sell the now 550 Russian SKS for 500 and not much lower if at all. I was just at the York show selling a gun i was into for 1100 and offering it to dealers for 900. This rifle sells for 1100-1200 online all day but I was flat out told by multiple dealers that 200-300 was not enough profit for them to make on the gun.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My hope would only work if multiple importers got lots of stock at the same time. Price would be determined by which one wanted his/her/zit investment returned the fastest. If they all come in by one importer, that guy will set the market rate.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    daggone, I know several dealers that would be happy to make 20-30% profit, especially if they could flip it quickly.

These are dealers ive dealt with in the past , they said it was a good deal just not enough profit margin for them. It just made me think about how badly we get screwed at shows and why the prices there are so damn high. One dealer towards the end did buy it off me for 850.00, i was tired of carrying it and had bought a Winchester 88 so i was shouldering two heavy guns at the time.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

No idea how many other countries made, but China cranked out the most by far. Ignoring commercial examples which I think they are still making, over 24 million...

I don’t think the Soviets continued making them other than a few export once they formally switched over to the AK and hadn’t ramped up to fully re-equip from the Mosin Nagant post WWII. I assume a few million, but we’ll under 10 millions.

I’d assume commonality of long guns runs Mosin Nagants, AK, AR-15 and SKS. Gw98/K98 and derivatives of those probably is number 1 or 2, but that isn’t really one gun. Especially when you look at the various caliber derivatives.

Hecktor Peabody

Boris Badinov
    Aug 22, 2018
    Southeastern PA
    No idea how many other countries made, but China cranked out the most by far. Ignoring commercial examples which I think they are still making, over 24 million...

I don’t think the Soviets continued making them other than a few export once they formally switched over to the AK and hadn’t ramped up to fully re-equip from the Mosin Nagant post WWII. I assume a few million, but we’ll under 10 millions.

For all intents an purposes, China appears to have halted new type56 production in 1984.

Anything commercial that was "made" after 1984 was assembled from the massive cache of leftover parts from 3 decades of production at nearly 200 facilities throughout china.

Average yearly production for the Chinese type56 was the same as the Soviets-- about 250K-300k per year. 29 years (1956-1984) of production would put Chinese production in the 7.25-8.5million total.

Soviets made about 2.7million total.

Yugoslavia produced fewer than 800,000

and the other variants-- E. Germany, Romania, N.Korea, N.Vietnam, and Albania-- were in the sub100k ranges

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Are K31s seriously +$700 guns now?

Attachments

• 59C4AD37-4A98-4922-AF0F-0AB74C63097E.jpg
      59C4AD37-4A98-4922-AF0F-0AB74C63097E.jpg
      49.7 KB · Views: 315

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Not unless you’re willing to pay what Simpson is asking.

Every K31 offered by Simpson is $695 but they sit and sit and sit.

Based on my observations, the “pull the trigger price” is right around $595.

But, if Classic is selling these “incredibly historic and collectible guns” at $699, then they will sell for $699 to all of the uneducated masses.

And, I see they want $599 for a K11? Simpson has them at $495 all day long.

I hate Classic.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not unless you’re willing to pay what Simpson is asking.

Every K31 offered by Simpson is $695 but they sit and sit and sit.

Based on my observations, the “pull the trigger price” is right around $595.

But, if Classic is selling these “incredibly historic and collectible guns” at $699, then they will sell for $699 to all of the uneducated masses.

And, I see they want $599 for a K11? Simpson has them at $495 all day long.

I hate Classic.

Yeah me too. Last year they were $100-150 less from Classic. I guess good for whomever over there is profiteering.

I still kind of want a K11 or K31 carbine. But not enough to pay those prices. Last year what they were going for maybe. Didn’t then, won’t now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom