Implications for SB1 based on recent ruling in NJ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snardo

Nov 25, 2019

Short version: a federal judge in NJ issued a preliminary injunction against many parts of a NJ law intended to establish virtually the entire state as a "protected place" or whatever the phrase of the day is.

One would like to think that other states like MD would see this an know that that their similar legislation would draw the same types of rulings especially in light of the NJ ruling, but I can't imagine it will be that easy. I just hope it gives us a little bit of a boost when the time comes to fight SB1 and maybe with things moving in NJ, it will take a little less time for MD when the time comes to overturn SB1.

Thoughts?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Short version: a federal judge in NJ issued a preliminary injunction against many parts of a NJ law intended to establish virtually the entire state as a "protected place" or whatever the phrase of the day is.

One would like to think that other states like MD would see this an know that that their similar legislation would draw the same types of rulings especially in light of the NJ ruling, but I can't imagine it will be that easy. I just hope it gives us a little bit of a boost when the time comes to fight SB1 and maybe with things moving in NJ, it will take a little less time for MD when the time comes to overturn SB1.

Thoughts?
    That time has already come, and multiple law suits have already been filed. The NRA for one, and our own Maryland Shall Issue. Please join MSI and donate to their litigation fund - by being a member, you also have the distinction of being a plaintiff in the case.

Yes, it certainly helps in our case when other federal judges smite similar laws elsewhere. But the case in NJ can only be looked at as an informative similar event, not as precedent to help with our misadventures here in Maryland. Still, Bruen should make this a no-brainer, even in Maryland where Having No Brains is a badge of legislative honor.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Just think of the epic photo op that will be taken once all of this ruled unconstitutional :D Spam each ******* one that voted in favor of the legislation with the photo op or send them tampons and chocolate cake! I live for this day to come.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Just think of the epic photo op that will be taken once all of this ruled unconstitutional :D Spam each ******* one that voted in favor of the legislation with the photo op or send them tampons and chocolate cake! I live for this day to come.
    I wonder if MSI, NRA, and their members get a photo op with the governor when the law gets overturned?

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom