• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'd check GunBroker auctions. Completed ones. Search by number of bids, as there are a lot of "sellers" who advertise a firearm at a price that nobody will pay. There are people who play games like this with an SOT.

Rummaging through the auctions, it seems that $16K is the going price for actual sales.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Yeah it all depends on what you are looking for? Conversion guns, C&R, Bolt gun... loads of options. Most seem to be in the $14-$16K range. Uzis are great guns but I would still suggest a M11 Mac these days.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I don't know...I'd like an M11A1 in .380 just for the cool factor, but it seems to me that once you get an M11/9 set up with all the accessories that people want, you're in the price range of an Uzi.

And to be honest, I'd rather have a Sterling.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I don't know...I'd like an M11A1 in .380 just for the cool factor, but it seems to me that once you get an M11/9 set up with all the accessories that people want, you're in the price range of an Uzi.

Getting a Mac set up in 9mm to have it shooting about as well as an Uzi is about $1K which still leaves you plenty of room before you get to UZI prices. I saw a Mac10 for $9K today.

Now if you get the 223 upper, that adds $3K but then you are shooting 223 which the Uzi can't take that upgrade.

Sterlings are nice for tube guns but I would take a Mac or Uzi as a shooter. Plus Sterlings are not as easy to upgrade with optics, suppressors....etc.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

The Lage upgrades on the MAC guns are a game changer.

IMG_6021.jpeg

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

I’ve got a few M11a1s, an Uzi, and a Sterling. I like all of them. But for a first full auto, the MAC’s are the most versatile and most economical option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom