• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontallo

Crotchety Old Guy Who Owns Too Many Guns
    Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    It has been a long and oppressed journey. I moved to NJ 29 years ago. Then to Maryland 2 years ago. I will finally come home to the lands of my forefathers in September. I just though I'd give you all a little advanced warning and let you know I was coming. :D

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Welcome to America!
    I got my carry permit less than 72 hours of putting it in the mailbox. You can also buy any type of AR15 cash and carry.

dontallo

Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    Welcome to America!
    I got my carry permit less than 72 hours of putting it in the mailbox. You can also buy any type of AR15 cash and carry.
    Yep. My carry application is going into the mailbox the moment I have the necessary artifacts to prove residency. I doubt I will carry regularly. I just want to keep a gun in the car and I want the freedom to carry at *my* discretion when *I* decide circumstances warrant.

I am looking forward to replacing the Jersey-F@cked uppers on my ARs. I popped the pins from my lowers within a week of moving to MD. But no one ships uppers to MD because of the ambiguous heavy barrel requirement. I might look into the cost of having a gun smith replace my NJ-compliant barrels with regular barrels. Something tells me that might be more expensive.

dontallo

Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    I do have a couple questions now that I am over 55 years of age and will be driving on Pennsylvania roads.

Is Pennsylvania Driver Syndrome contagious or endemic to generational residents? I watched both my parents succumb to this terrible degenerative disorder. I want to do everything I can to avoid getting it. But I fear it might be in my PA family genes, simply suppressed, waiting to present itself as soon as I get my PA license. Has anyone developed a cure? Do you think my experiences driving in NJ and MD might give me some immunity?

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Purchased 10 acres in the PA mountains last summer, will be building in a few years but in the meantime it's the camper and shooting on the weekends

dontallo

Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    I'm heading to Free America (AZ) this Saturday for a week to get with contractors to remodel our house there. Once that's done MD will be in the rear view mirror.
    Congratulations on your escape. I wish you the best of success in America. I have the exact same sentiments about MD, especially Anne Arundel and Annapolis.

I have 2 aunts and 3 cousins in AZ. Their word is, AZ is sliding down the same slope as NM did a decade or two ago. A couple years ago, two sheriff's deputies harassed my cousin and his two sons for shooting in the desert. They declared their targets and spent casings were litter and cited my cousin for littering on public lands. My point: Even AZ is not immune from anti-gun dumbf@ckery.

dontallo

Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    Purchased 10 acres in the PA mountains last summer, will be building in a few years but in the meantime it's the camper and shooting on the weekends
    My parents own 10 acres on the top of a ridge overlooking the Allegheny River up in Venango County. They have the *smallest* lot in the area. Most driveways are at least a quarter mile apart. I hope to retire there. But for now, a housing development in Butler County will need to suffice.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I do have a couple questions now that I am over 55 years of age and will be driving on Pennsylvania roads.

Is Pennsylvania Driver Syndrome contagious or endemic to generational residents? I watched both my parents succumb to this terrible degenerative disorder. I want to do everything I can to avoid getting it. But I fear it might be in my PA family genes, simply suppressed, waiting to present itself as soon as I get my PA license. Has anyone developed a cure? Do you think my experiences driving in NJ and MD might give me some immunity?
    No, it's in the water.

jef955

Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    I have friends in Clearfield, and go up there several times a year, PA is definately on the short list, but I have 3 years till I can retire and roll. I'm a little unsure about the tax situation there, but boy is it a big difference I can live with compared to here. First time I walked in Grice gun shop I almost passed out.......

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    I love PA and I hope to move there one day. Are the gun laws really that friendly? I was under the impression that no private party sales were allowed, much like Maryland?

dontallo

Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    I love PA and I hope to move there one day. Are the gun laws really that friendly? I was under the impression that no private party sales were allowed, much like Maryland?
    I have not heard of any restrictions on resident-to-resident sales. But I don't claim to be current on things in PA.

Restrictions on private-party sales == a.k.a., Moving private-party sales to back-alley parking lots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom