• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjmsam

The Skeptic
    Jake Tapper to Obama and Bloomberg: If you want to regulate guns, maybe you should learn gun basics first

Thing is, as a commenter pointed out, they want to ban ALL! GUNS! IMMEDIATELY! so the differences between semi-auto and full-auto, etc., are of no importance to them. This willful ignorance even extends to squirt guns, toy nerf guns, and cookies bitten into the shape of a gun.

Attempting to carry on a rational conversation with hysterics of any stripe is generally pointless, and that's especially true of gun phobics. Their emotional reactions trump everything else.

How can we change people beliefs?

Just tried to have an intelligent conversation about Gun Laws with someone at work and they have it in their head that guns are bad and should be banned. Its like I am telling them a lie, they just so, nope nope nope guns are bad. They cannot get passed it. How do you change someone's beliefs? Answer: they need a good message repeated over and over and over from every front you can think of. So, if the conversation comes up more then one person in the room thinks guns are good. Just like how they changed peoples mind to think cigarettes are bad. They had hard data to back it up. We need hard data that makes gun owners look like good honest people of all types.

I will get off my soap box, now. Sorry I am just mad as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom