• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spicedcrab

Feb 10, 2013
    If you buy an AR15 lower now, will you be able to build it after Oct in a way that will allow you to sell it years later if you decide that you dont want it anymore? (Such as build it with an hbar or whatever it takes)

Or are you stuck with it because it was grandfathered in before Oct and you will be the only person to ever be allowed to own it?

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    If you buy an AR15 lower now, will you be able to build it after Oct in a way that will allow you to sell it years later if you decide that you dont want it anymore? (Such as build it with an hbar or whatever it takes)

Or are you stuck with it because it was grandfathered in before Oct and you will be the only person to ever be allowed to own it?
    You could sell it on gunbroker to anyone in another state unless than state banned AR's.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    I disagree with this, but IANAL. I suspect that an aggressive AG could make a case that you violated MD law if you list an AR15 on gunbroker and reside in MD.

I think I agree with abeaty

Why buy a firearm if you're already trying to sell it before you even have it???? Just sayin....

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I think I agree with abeaty

Why buy a firearm if you're already trying to sell it before you even have it???? Just sayin....

Just curious, but if he lists it as "Not able to sell to MD, NY etc etc" like many ads already state, he wouldn't be breaking MD law since he is specificially stating it can't be sold here due to banned rifles.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick

Why couldn't he sell it as an HBAR (assuming for the sake of this argument that non-Colt HBARs are deemed to be non-Assault rifles in the future).

I get that his lower would get him on the "grandfathered" list. But if he doesn't actually build it into a banned configuration why couldn't he sell it like any other rifle.

Is it any different than selling a grandfathered rifle out of state. I don't know if there's any requirement in the law to notify MD that you wish to take your rifle off the grandfathered list because you sold it out of state. (or in today's world take it off the "regulated weapons you have me listed as owning" list). Or does that get handled behind the scenes based on paperwork the FFLs do for regulated xfers today????

I'm not really disputing it, just curious.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I don't think you can sell it out of state after Oct 1 either. I believe it states "transfer" is banned, and that would be a transfer or ownership. It is kind of like 30 round mags,back when they banned them the were grandfathered. So if you had them you can keep and use them, but you can not sell you old mags on gunbroker, because you would be transferring them from within the state of Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom