If Russia acts a fool. When to leave the DMV?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Artfldgr

Sep 2, 2022
    Maryland
    Did anyone here consider leaving on 9-11 when it was obvious we were under attack?
    I didn’t.
    Of course I’m not sure any of us was thinking it could turn nuclear but the idea of a suitcase nuke certainly wasn’t out of the question.

I was late going to take pictures..
    eating breakfast before boarding the train...
    watched my destination be destroyed..
    and lost friends..
    then found out the two idjits at the local candy shop were two of the terrorists.
    FBI came down like a rocket...

i remember what a blue sky it was...
    then i thanked the lord for delaying me

despite being a signed photographer then...
    i had enough pictures of paris hilton crotch, i didnt need people falling like many of my other photog friends got... :(

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Why would the population of rats be more immune than humans?

I don't think they're more immune, they just have a faster turnover and consequences to individuals are not considered relevant.

A 50% death rate to a rat population is just more food for the survivors. A fast breeding rate means they'll be able to rebuild their colony in a considerably shorter time.

Mutations and cancer rates are also mitigated by rapid breeding. Rats don't care if their fellow rats have a 300% increase in prostate cancer rates. Sick rats die off quickly, replaced by non-sick rats. The population grows stronger as a whole.

eagledriver

Jan 13, 2013
    Mt Airy, South sorta
    No better place to be and can't outrun ballistic devices anyway, so I'll stand watch and hope for the best. I'll have better luck voting against any democrat since their policies and politics are almost as disastrous to this Nation as some weapons of war. Come to think of it, democrat policies and politics are the weapons of mass destruction against this Republic.

Wardove

Jul 23, 2017
    Blairsville, GA
    You could move to Florida. Seems most of those folks have moved up here to north Georgia so there is plenty of room…..and the big winds down there will blow the nuke stuff the other way.

Wardove

Jul 23, 2017
    Blairsville, GA
    I don't think they're more immune, they just have a faster turnover and consequences to individuals are not considered relevant.

A 50% death rate to a rat population is just more food for the survivors. A fast breeding rate means they'll be able to rebuild their colony in a considerably shorter time.

Mutations and cancer rates are also mitigated by rapid breeding. Rats don't care if their fellow rats have a 300% increase in prostate cancer rates. Sick rats die off quickly, replaced by non-sick rats. The population grows stronger as a whole.
    Reminds me how I suggested they use lawyers instead of rats for research at NIH. There’s too many of them and folks don’t get as attached to the lawyers.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Cross posted from UKR thread.

US Embassy in Russia Warns Americans to Flee 'Immediately'​

The U.S. Embassy in Russia advised Americans in the country to flee “immediately” while there remains the ability to do so.

"Russia may refuse to acknowledge dual nationals’ U.S. citizenship, deny their access to U.S. consular assistance, prevent their departure from Russia, and conscript dual nationals for military service,” the embassy warned in a security bulletin Tuesday after the Russian government announced last week it would begin mobilizing its citizens to the armed forces in its war effort against Ukraine.

“The U.S. Embassy has severe limitations on its ability to assist U.S. citizens, and conditions, including transportation options, may suddenly become even more limited,” the bulletin continued. “U.S. citizens should not travel to Russia and those residing or travelling in Russia should depart Russia immediately while limited commercial travel options remain.”

The warning also reminded U.S. citizens that the constitutional rights they enjoy in America are not protected in Russia.

rcreynolds

Nov 4, 2015
    Like most of you, I live within 20 radial miles of the biggest target on the planet.

In the event of sabre rattling becomes a tripped trigger, when will you leave?

Just provoking thoughts.

Also have you figured out how to haul everything you have/need?

You always think you are prepared until the time comes to act...
    One, ten megaton airburst at optimal altitude will ignite 1000 square miles on the ground.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    "Russia may refuse to acknowledge dual nationals’ U.S. citizenship, deny their access to U.S. consular assistance, prevent their departure from Russia, and conscript dual nationals for military service,”
    Here's looking at you, Ed Snowden

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Are Nagasaki and Hiroshima inhabited? In a full scale nuclear exchange those that didn't perish by the direct effects of the bomb would die from starvation and disease. The worst of the radiation would decay within a few days but since the modern infrastructure that we all rely on would be gone famine would set in followed by disease from the rotting corpses and plague like population of rats feasting on those dead bodies. Those that stay hidden in a well fortified habitat with ample food and clean water would, obviously, fare the best. However, how many of us are that prepared? Sadly, those that are most likely to survive would be those responsible for unleashing hell on the rest of us. Biden, Putin, Xi, etc would all survive, comfortably, inside their bunkers.
    Hiroshima and Nagasaki were air bursts and not ground bursts. There’s a difference in terms of what/how much is irradiated.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I would suggest now. By the time they’re fueling up the missiles it will be too late. As someone stated above…hopefully the leaves will be off the trees and it’s a clear evening. Light up a smoke crack a beer and just watch and wait.

Gadsden

Sep 2, 2022
    maryland
    Hiroshima and Nagasaki were air bursts and not ground bursts. There’s a difference in terms of what/how much is irradiated.
    And? Air bursts are much more destructive, hence, why those two bombs were air burst and why most would be air burst in a Russian-U.S. nuclear exchange

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I think a ground burst spreads radiation over a much wider area. much more ground is contaminated. People and animals (i.e. food) can't use the area for a long time. So greater impact for longer overall

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Like most of you, I live within 20 radial miles of the biggest target on the planet.

In the event of sabre rattling becomes a tripped trigger, when will you leave?

Just provoking thoughts.

Also have you figured out how to haul everything you have/need?

You always think you are prepared until the time comes to act...
    I'm heading to SW AL. All is planned to be by April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom