If Russia acts a fool. When to leave the DMV?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I already posted this a couple of time on MDS with links, but in addition to hyper sonic missiles, Puttie Pute Pute has an honest-to-God doomsday device. It's an autonomous sub that swims in circles under the Pacific until it decides it's time to explode and surfaces next to the Pacific Northwest. Just like in the movie it sends a shiit ton of radiation into the upper atmosphere to whaff down first upon CONUS. Good luck with your plans.

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    Odds are high limited nuclear exchange. The Soviet plans were to hit basically our strategic nukes and a few of the major navy and joint bases. It wasn’t hit all of the population centers or the whole country or anything. DC was in the list. But Baltimore and NYC weren’t for example. And DC was just for the Pentagon. It was a few score of launches, not hundreds.
    I have to believe more than that: Bolling, Site R, Camp David, Andrews, Mt. Weather, Naval Observatory, Offutt, Barkesdale, Cheyenne Mountain, Kings Bay, maybe the missile fields in North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming (although they would be hitting empty silos,) the VLF transmission station at Cutler, ME, a few select cable landings.

We might find out whether there was a bomb in the attic after all.

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    If daily rush hour has all the major roads at capacity , any attempted evacuation will be instant gridlock , with nobody moving for days .

Unless you have a helicopter in your backyard , once a panic starts , it's already too late .
    Or a dirt bike.

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    If the Russians did bomb DC and the Pentagon, there would be 450 left over Generals and Admirals and 55-60 state governors to deal with for the surrender terms. 20 or 30 states might send thank you notes and flowers, but my guess would be 15 to 20 would fight on. It would be a mess that even Putin wouldn't want. In the earlier times the reason to sack the enemy's capitol was that was where the resources were, treasuries with actual precious metal reserves and graineries; but you didn't burn it until you had emptied it. None of that is in DC. The idea of bombing an enimy's capitol is old school.
    But a shock and awe decapitation strike is not just old school. It is playbook.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have to believe more than that: Bolling, Site R, Camp David, Andrews, Mt. Weather, Naval Observatory, Offutt, Barkesdale, Cheyenne Mountain, Kings Bay, maybe the missile fields in North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming (although they would be hitting empty silos,) the VLF transmission station at Cutler, ME, a few select cable landings.

We might find out whether there was a bomb in the attic after all.
    Sure Cheyenne is on that list. Cutler is too. It’s a few of the major joint bases, major naval sub bases, major command and control center. Plus all of the ICBM silos.

The point is knock out our nuclear capability and main military control. Not glass the country. Soviets realized launching all the things is just as likely to kill most of them too. Ignoring retaliation.

Nuclear winter would likely kill a couple billion. At least. And Russia is pretty cold to start with…

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If the Russians did bomb DC and the Pentagon, there would be 450 left over Generals and Admirals and 55-60 state governors to deal with for the surrender terms. 20 or 30 states might send thank you notes and flowers, but my guess would be 15 to 20 would fight on. It would be a mess that even Putin wouldn't want. In the earlier times the reason to sack the enemy's capitol was that was where the resources were, treasuries with actual precious metal reserves and graineries; but you didn't burn it until you had emptied it. None of that is in DC. The idea of bombing an enimy's capitol is old school.

The actual FSB , and whatever they call the GRU these days would know the actual Strategic Targets .

But non state actors ( think Al Queda , etc ) , or stupid $hithole 3rd world countries are more motivated by media viewing impressions of US . Hence 9/11 targeting Wall Street , Pentagon , and Capitol .

Sirex