Ideas for Ranges To Host a Tier 1 Training Group For A Class.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Pretty sure there are no places. Putting the feelers out to rent a range for a pistol class, maybe 15-20 people. Preferably outdoor.
    I'm going to call around, but if anyone knows for sure places that do or don't that would be great.
    Just doing a little initial leg work.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    SLCFSA lets LEO use the range complex from time to time for training. It's a members club but I'm sure the LEO don't join. Bit of a drive to Lancaster but it's a really nice outdoor facility.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    SLCFSA lets LEO use the range complex from time to time for training. It's a members club but I'm sure the LEO don't join. Bit of a drive to Lancaster but it's a really nice outdoor facility.
    That's the thing. How many Marylanders are driving there? Not many.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Thurmont might be possible, but you'd need a member to make it happen. They have had classes in the past. I took a couple classes from Pat Goodale there, long ago, as well as a couple IDPA clinics.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Thurmont might be possible, but you'd need a member to make it happen. They have had classes in the past. I took a couple classes from Pat Goodale there, long ago, as well as a couple IDPA clinics.
    Here's the issue. The guys would be coming from Virginia Beach. They aren't flying into BWI, renting vehicles. and going to Thurmont. And surely not driving 6 hours from VB. Pretty sure I can't get 10 guys here to pay $1,500 each for a class. Or 20 at $650 LOL

Delmarva is like 3 hours. Think I'll just see if we can rent one of the pistol ranges, call the guys, and take it from there. This is a terrible idea. :)

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Rivanna in Charlottesville will host classes if they are open to members as well.

Obviously not in MD though, but only a couple of hours from VB and MD so kinda midway.

Even though I’m in the Tidewater now, I’m still a member at Rivanna so I can make the request if you think it could be a fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Here's the issue. The guys would be coming from Virginia Beach. They aren't flying into BWI, renting vehicles. and going to Thurmont. And surely not driving 6 hours from VB. Pretty sure I can't get 10 guys here to pay $1,500 each for a class. Or 20 at $650 LOL

Delmarva is like 3 hours. Think I'll just see if we can rent one of the pistol ranges, call the guys, and take it from there. This is a terrible idea. :)
    4.5 hours from VaB to Thurmont aka Fredneckistan. It's not bad at all, except that hell-hole section of 95.

Delmarva would be an easier drive for them, but longer for most Md'ers.

It's indoors, not the nicest area, and far from desirable...but have you considered MD Small Arms? I'd think they'd allow something like this on a weekday, but not sure. It would certainly be more centrally located, if nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom