• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    So my application got flagged as requiring more information. I just sent in my long 214. Does this push me to the back of the line?

Thanks
    You will have to wash Frosh's car to get the process started again.

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    So my application got flagged as requiring more information. I just sent in my long 214. Does this push me to the back of the line?

Thanks
    I was one of the first to do that.... received email 10:00 july 11, attached long form to portal application at 10:40, Application was accepted at 1:30. No real processing delay, but the email said must be remedied in 72 hours or Application will be denied (start over with more money)

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    I was one of the first to do that.... received email 10:00 july 11, attached long form to portal application at 10:40, Application was accepted at 1:30. No real processing delay, but the email said must be remedied in 72 hours or Application will be denied (start over with more money)
    I actually spoke with the LD this afternoon about the same thing and correction. I mentioned the 72 hours and the Trooper said that was an automatically generated email and they paid no attention to the 72 hours.

Cranky

Aug 2, 2010
    The Right side of the Bay
    This worked out exactly as you described! Thanks

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I actually spoke with the LD this afternoon about the same thing and correction. I mentioned the 72 hours and the Trooper said that was an automatically generated email and they paid no attention to the 72 hours.
    So are they easy to reach by phone? I know they are busy. I want to call and get them to kick my application back, so I can change something.

Cranky

Aug 2, 2010
    The Right side of the Bay
    Did you get the request for more documents before having an accepted status?

I sent them back the full 214 and my retirement papers. Here is the verbiage used in their e-mail. The short 214 does not show honorable separation.

THE PROVIDED DD-214 IS NOT SUFFICIENT TO BE UTILIZED AS THE TRAINING EXEMPTION. THE DISCHARGE MUST BE "HONORABLE" TO BE USED.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    So are they easy to reach by phone? I know they are busy. I want to call and get them to kick my application back, so I can change something.
    I had no problem. Spoke to the first guy and he said I need the LD and transferred. I thought I had the LD so didn't ask. Oh well. It was pretty easy and the Trooper listened and took care of it to allow me to update my app.

BmorePA

Jul 6, 2022
    Baltimore
    Right, but did you get the response before your application status was "accepted", or did it still show as "submitted"? I'm trying to figure out if mine will be kicked back even though it is "accepted".

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Right, but did you get the response before your application status was "accepted", or did it still show as "submitted"? I'm trying to figure out if mine will be kicked back even though it is "accepted".
    Before. Mine has never shown "Accepted" going back to the original date, 6/30, including the last check about 15 minutes ago.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    glad I am doing the training, I discharged under medical for aggravating a pre-existing condition.

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    Did you get the request for more documents before having an accepted status?
    Yes, I was expecting accepted (I submitted 8 days earlier). It seems the short for DD214 does not show the "character of service" (Honorable Discharge), The long form does (for me). It was almost immediately processed and changed to accepted.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Yes, I was expecting accepted (I submitted 8 days earlier). It seems the short for DD214 does not show the "character of srevice" (Honorable Discharge), The long form does (for me). It was almost immediately processed and changed to accepted.
    That seems to be the case for everyone...except me. :(

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    I waited a week for accepted, That did not happen but request for more documents placed my app "on hold", They said I have 36 hours to fix it. I sent the proper document and an hour later it changed to accepted.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    "Accepted" means they have visually reviewed your paperwork and found it all to be in order. You will not get an Accepted without having all necessary signatures, Tees crossed, Hail Mary's, dotted I's, and correct paperwork/documentation.

Once it's all reviewed and accepted, it moves from the basic reviewer and into the hands of the investigators to run a NICS check and whatever else they do or don't do. A lot of folks are reporting no references have been called.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    A paragraph directly from the 7/22 MDSP news release:

Please note that Licensing Division cannot begin processing your application until the application fee has been paid electronically at the time of application submission on the Licensing Portal. Once payment has been credited to your application, your application will be reviewed by the Handgun Permit Section for completeness of all required information. If your application is missing any of the required information or documentation, your application will be returned to you, via the Licensing Portal, for correction/addition of the items noted. When the application is complete, you will receive an email notification stating that your application status has changed to "Application Accepted" and that processing of it has begun.[/b[

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom