I removed the brace so it can’t be re-attached.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I thought it was illegal for anyone other than IRS
    and maybe ATF to ask to see your TAX documents. But that's just my peabrain understanding but then again I don't have any to show.
    Though you are correct, most people don't know this.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Just to clarify :

Everything that isn't a Rifle isn't necessarily a Pistol .
    Everything that isn't a Pistol isn't necessarily a Rifle .

Pistol = under 26 inches
    Rifle = over 26 inches , AND designed to be fired from the shoulder .

Over 26 inches , but NOT designed to be fired from shoulder = Other Firearm

Think " Shockwave type " shotgun - like objects . Over 26 inch , not shoulder fired .

Think a cpl years ago the mini fad for over 26 in ARs with no stock , but WITH vertical foregrips .
    I thought it was 29"?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    So the 26" rule applies to only non-copycat weapons? So if it wasn't a rifle to begin with then the 26" rule applies but if it was an "assault rifle" first the 29" rule applies? How would they ever know how it started. Most of the lowers I bought are other, not pistol or rifle. IDK

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    So the 26" rule applies to only non-copycat weapons? So if it wasn't a rifle to begin with then the 26" rule applies but if it was an "assault rifle" first the 29" rule applies? How would they ever know how it started. Most of the lowers I bought are other, not pistol or rifle. IDK
    I'm not really sure. I've never scratched that itch.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I thought it was 29"?

29 Inches is a Maryland Thing for * Semiautomatic Centerfire Rifles ( including post '13 SBR) *

26 inch is to NOT be a Pistol .

Over 26 inch , but NOT designed to fire from shoulder is an OTHER FIREARM , neither Pistol nor Rifle .

Copycat applies to RIFLES .

To visualize the concept , this is the rifled equivalent to a Shockwave shotgun like object , that is actually NOT a Shotgun .

If such a over 26 in Not shoulder ( thing that goes bang ) also happens to have a bbl under 16 inches MARYLAND requures a 77R to purchase , and applies 4-203 transport requirements , but under Federal Law is just a firearm requiring 21yo .

Last edited:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    29 Inches is a Maryland Thing for * Semiautomatic Centerfire Rifles ( including post '13 SBR) *

26 inch is to NOT be a Pistol .

Over 26 inch , but NOT designed to fire from shoulder is an OTHER FIREARM , neither Pistol nor Rifle .

Copycat applies to RIFLES .

To visualize the concept , this is the rifled equivalent to a Shockwave shotgun like object , that is actually NOT a Shotgun .

If such a over 26 in Not shoulder ( thing that goes bang ) also happens to have a bbl under 16 inches MARYLAND requures a 77R to purchase , and applies 4-203 transport requirements , but under Federal Law is just a firearm requiring 21yo .
    OK so what do I need to do to be compliant to have a SBR with a stock, 29"?

I was led to believe that to make a true SBR in MD it has to be at least 29".

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    OK so what do I need to do to be compliant to have a SBR with a stock, 29"?

I was led to believe that to make a true SBR in MD it has to be at least 29".
    Over 29" actually(but who's counting).

That's measured from the permanent muzzle end of the barrel to the fully extended stock. Barrels can be lengthened by permanently attaching muzzle devices. Buttstocks can be lengthened with longer buffer tubes(on AR 15s) and or thicker butt bads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom