• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have a P14, I believe made by Eddystone, with the mount for the volley sights but no volley sight with it. The stock is in original condition, bore is good, I'm shooting her this weekend but am told she works. Any idea on how much it's worth? I'll post pics up later.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I have a P14, I believe made by Eddystone, with the mount for the volley sights but no volley sight with it. The stock is in original condition, bore is good, I'm shooting her this weekend but am told she works. Any idea on how much it's worth? I'll post pics up later.

If it's made by Eddystone, it would be a US Model 1917. I don't believe the 1917 ever used spare P14 stocks with the spot for the volley sight but I could be wrong on that. We would need pictures to give you a solid estimate on the value but these days the P14's I've seen are going from $350-$700.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    From the original owner:

"P14 Enfield: Manufactured by Eddystone, all serial numbers match, and chambered in .303 British."

The rifle on the left

IMG_1044.jpg

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    If it's made by Eddystone, it would be a US Model 1917. I don't believe the 1917 ever used spare P14 stocks with the spot for the volley sight but I could be wrong on that. We would need pictures to give you a solid estimate on the value but these days the P14's I've seen are going from $350-$700.

Eddystone actually did make P14's for the British contract, as did the Winchester and the Remington factories. Eddystone made P14s are marked "ERA" on the receiver rather than "Eddystone" as U.S. M1917s are. As for the price, I don't see too many but have seen people ask within the range that Dave91 said, depending on condition. I'd say value would be closer to $350-400 though. Probably need to see some more pictures

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Eddystone actually did make P14's for the British contract, as did the Winchester and the Remington factories. Eddystone made P14s are marked "ERA" on the receiver rather than "Eddystone" as U.S. M1917s are. As for the price, I don't see too many but have seen people ask within the range that Dave91 said, depending on condition. I'd say value would be closer to $350-400 though. Probably need to see some more pictures
    Yeah I totally forgot those arsenals were already tooled for the rifle which is why the US adopted the 1917 in the first place.

Funbrit

May 28, 2008
    Rockville
    If your P14 ERA has a stamped * on top of the receiver\bolt then it should not have the volley sight front and rear anyways, this reflects that it went thru Weedon repair and had them intentionally removed in 1939. The rear usually cut at base than removed. The other parts of the rifle should be stamped E also on it, if it has a w or an r than she wears parts from Winchester and Remington. My 1916 ERA P14 had all ERA except the stacking swivel which was a Winchester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom