• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Anyone willing to answer some questions and help me pop my NFA cherry? I'm looking to turn a PPS 43c into an SBR (un-fixing the stock) via a Form 1.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Anyone willing to answer some questions and help me pop my NFA cherry? I'm looking to turn a PPS 43c into an SBR (un-fixing the stock) via a Form 1.

What do you need help with? I would just post your questions here.

Big questions is do you plan to buy it as a pistol and do the work to turn it into a SBR yourself or...

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I'm going to go the individual route with this one.

1) I currently hold a C&R FFL, does that have to be entered in Section 5?

2) I may move while the form is being processed, will a simple call to their offices suffice?

3) How does one obtain the CLEO signature? Do you just walk in and say "I need so and so to sign this Form 1"? I live in Anne Arundel County (http://www.aacounty.org/Police/index.cfm#.UzGPutgoguN) I'm guessing this Ken Davis guy is the person who will be signing off on my form?

4) I have to send two notarized original copies of the Form 1 and keep a copy or two for my self correct?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I'm going to go the individual route with this one.

1) I currently hold a C&R FFL, does that have to be entered in Section 5?

2) I may move while the form is being processed, will a simple call to their offices suffice?

3) How does one obtain the CLEO signature? Do you just walk in and say "I need so and so to sign this Form 1"? I live in Anne Arundel County (http://www.aacounty.org/Police/index.cfm#.UzGPutgoguN) I'm guessing this Ken Davis guy is the person who will be signing off on my form?

4) I have to send two notarized original copies of the Form 1 and keep a copy or two for my self correct?

1. Since its not a C&R, it would not really matter either way but I usually try and put it in there.

2. Not sure there. I wouldn't worry about it to much. You can always just send an update when the form comes back. Remember it will not actually be an SBR until you do the work after the paperwork is approved.

3. Well most of the time they make you go to MSP. Your individual area may be different... but if you have to go to MSP....

Get Fingerprinted, 2 ATF cards, and live scan for MSP. Get your two copies of the form 1 printed. I usually attach pictures at this time. Take the two copies of the form 1 to MSP licencing division with your live scan receipt. Give them everything and wait a few months!

4. No notarizing is required. Don't sign the form 1. MSP will make you do that while they watch. Also don't date it.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Thank you so much.

I just want to make sure I do this right the first time, so the ATF will receive:

2x Completed Form 1s with two sets of fingerprint cards and two pictures, both signed by the MSP.

2x Certification of Compliance 922g (the citizenship thingy)

1x $200 check

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I've done a PPS43C but on a trust. If you have any questions about what went on the form or the SBRing process itself Im glad to help.

If you have one from IO w/o any welds the actual work is easy. Need a new pin (which I just made) and a spring from home depot. Drill the old pin out, drill the hole in the receiver larger w/ a unibit, cold blue, and assemble w/ new parts. I staked the new pin in like the old one.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    your county sheriff also counts as a cleo, so does a city chief of police [if you live there], I have never used MSP.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Thank you so much.

I just want to make sure I do this right the first time, so the ATF will receive:

2x Completed Form 1s with two sets of fingerprint cards and two pictures, both signed by the MSP.

2x Certification of Compliance 922g (the citizenship thingy)

1x $200 check

Yes but only one Cert of Comp is needed.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    The MSP wait sounds terrible.

I guess I'm looking at either Chief of Police Ken Davis or Sheriff Ron Bateman. Any one have any experience with these two?

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    The MSP wait sounds terrible.

I guess I'm looking at either Chief of Police Ken Davis or Sheriff Ron Bateman. Any one have any experience with these two?

Sheriff Bateman will refer you to MSP. I did not try Ken Davis. My assumption is that they are being told to just say to go MSP atleast for our county

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    So I'm going the trust route now.

I have an assignment of property page. Since I bought the PPS43c and not the trust, it would now have to be listed on this page correct?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Goes on assignment page AFTER you get the form1 approved. Until then it can't go into the trust.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I have also used the chief deputy of my sheriffs department when the sheriff was on vacation, just be sure that is states that he is the sheriff's designee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom