• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats His Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They need to be comfortable enough so you will practice frequently enough to develop and maintain proficiency.
    Yup. You have to be able to shoot them proficiently. The reason I chose the G48 over the P365.

Bob A

"Hoarding Douchewaffle Deluxe" nominee
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    BobA makes his valid points about DA/SA Autos .

Alas , that favors striker fired polymer . CZ and their clones are the main standard bearers for DA/ SA . If you made me CEO if S&W for a day , I would order the return of the 3913 before lunch .
    S&W 3913 6.8"x5" 25 oz 8+1
    I carry a CZ75 Compact PCR as my edc. A little bulkier than most, but I shoot best with it!
    CZ PCR 7.24"x5.03"x1.38" 27.5 oz 10+1 or 15+1 (Approx same as CZ P01; PCR is 0.6 oz lighter)

CZ RAMI 6.5"x 4.7" x 1.25" 25.9 oz, 10+1 or 14+1

My CZ RAMI handles like my P01, and with the 14 rd extended magazine is nearly indistinguishable from the P01. All three above are metal framed DA/SA hammer-fired pistols, and weigh about 5 oz heavier than the striker-fired pistols of similar size.

All my CZ pistols are ergonomically excellent (for me) and the weight penalty is not extreme, and makes them far more pleasant to shoot than a lighter handgun. I've been wearing the RAMI for a year, all day every day, and have come to the point where I hardly know it's there. I really like the de-cocker over having to think about disengaging a safety, and the light trigger pull of the striker guns makes me a bit nervous.

Sadly, CZ discontinued the RAMI in 2020, and the decocker models have doubled in price since then. The safety models are relatively unchanged. (The safety models include a model in .40S&W, if you go that way. Pretty uncommon, though).

Just remember, Micro compacts are not supposed to be fun to shoot, but you do have to be able to shoot them. Keep that in the back of your mind.

They need to be comfortable enough so you will practice frequently enough to develop and maintain proficiency.

Yup. Hence my choice.

Last edited:

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    I would call and ask what their policy is. Maybe you can print off your HGP permit application if you don’t already have it, assuming you don’t currently own a firearm.

I would think the odds of someone starting the W&C process and then deciding to go to a public range to off themselves is low.

Ranges will frequently NOT rent to non gun owning singles.

If you go alone and already have a gun, bring it with you and rent another.

Ahhh.. Ok.

I stopped by today just to just to get a feel for the place. After talking with them a bit, I was told they would let me shoot 5 round of any gun I was interested in. I asked when they were slow and was told they're usually slow around lunch M-Th. Depending on how my schedule is tomorrow, I'm going to try and cut out early to go down. I did ask a friend of mine to go with me and for him to bring his P365 for me to try. The range stated they had 4, but were all broken and needed to be sent back to Sig for repair. They also told me I should stay away from the P365 because they were unreliable once they got to around 1000 rounds through them. I'm a bit confused as to why they're seeing issues when everyone else seems to say they're reliable. As long as it wasn't one from the 1st 2 years of production.

Man... I saw online there's a P365 TacPac. It looks like a great deal, but now the guys at the range has me second guessing myself.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My hellcat pro is great gun, but snappy AF. Sold it and got a sig 365 macro and couldn't be happier. It checks all the boxes for me capacity and concealment
    Plus, the modularity of the platform! Wilson Combat grip modules are a cheap and easy way to configure…

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    My hellcat pro is great gun, but snappy AF. Sold it and got a sig 365 macro and couldn't be happier. It checks all the boxes for me capacity and concealment

How many rounds have you got through the Sig? They told me to stay away from the P365 because once you put around a 1000 rounds through them, they break and aren't reliable.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How many rounds have you got through the Sig? They told me to stay away from the P365 because once you put around a 1000 rounds through them, they break and aren't reliable.
    Ummm…no.

Who is “they”?

308Scout

MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Yeah, that is not remotely close to being true. Have over 1K through mine. No failures or degradation in accuracy of any type yet.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Bel Air shooting range. They said they had 4 in the back that they were sending back to Sig to fix.
    Interesting.

I’ve got a few thousand through mine at this point. I did put a Gray Guns trigger in it as well as a DPM recoil reduction spring, so that may make a difference. Dunno. I’ve also lapped all the moving parts.

I’m a chronic tinkerer.

Gun is holding up great.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Uh, sig is one of the best gun manufacturers on the planet. With that said i have less than 500 rounds through it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats His Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Interesting.

I’ve got a few thousand through mine at this point. I did put a Gray Guns trigger in it as well as a DPM recoil reduction spring, so that may make a difference. Dunno. I’ve also lapped all the moving parts.

I’m a chronic tinkerer.

Gun is holding up great.
    I have read about triggers 'breaking' and tritium sight inserts falling out, here on MDS.

I wonder if any of it could be attributed to them trying to keep up with such high demand. :shrug:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have read about triggers 'breaking' and tritium sight inserts falling out, here on MDS.

I wonder if any of it could be attributed to them trying to keep up with such high demand. :shrug:
    Could be.

My sights are fine, but as I’ve said, my trigger is high quality aftermarket. I don’t know if that makes a difference.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky

I don't know. I'll ask them when I go back. Still, whatever is happening to cause them to be sent back for repair, I would think they must be going back more frequently than other brands they rent.

outrider58

Eats His Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't know. I'll ask them when I go back. Still, whatever is happening to cause them to be sent back for repair, I would think they must be going back more frequently than other brands they rent.
    Ask them if they were all bought at the same time.

E.Shell

Feb 5, 2007
    Central MD
    Vive la difference! :lol:
    I read in another thread the difference is the angle of the dangle, or something similar, like 'what knuckles to you use to punch the...'never mind.

I've got a few P365/P365Xs and two of them have at least 1k each. Nothing broke yet. Seems like all I buy anymore is 9mm blasting ammo... I have another one I carry with about 300 through it. This thread makes me hungry...I might get another one, you know, in case one of the others breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CMS2023

Latest threads

Top Bottom