• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    In the old system, the first one to hit “buy” was the one who got the item and the ad disappeared, unless there was some sort of issue in which case you could resist the item.. It was nice because you knew you were committing to purchase and the seller was getting his price.

Now apparently, the ad doesn’t disappear, and later responders can still purchase while you’re in the process of connecting and arranging to meet up.

Anyone else experience these problems and/or liked the old system better? I also liked how relisting was easier.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Another advantage of the old 'commit to buy' is that the ad doesn't stay up and active once the item is spoken for .

The last three or four ads I responded to, the sellers advised the items were sold, but were too lazy and inconsiderate to close the ads. One ad stayed open for over a week after I was told the items were sold. Weenies.

Last edited:

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    The old system was super old software, it is obsolete.

As far as the buy now button issue, I get it, however, it's then in the integrity of the seller. Also, once someone hits BUY NOW, in many cases does not mean they fully intend to buy, so then the seller loses his listing for some time.

Not sure I understand relisting, it seems easy as it is or so I thought. Any specifics?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Not sure I understand relisting, it seems easy as it is or so I thought. Any specifics?
    Under the old system, your ad timed out and closed after three weeks. If you reopened itz you went back to the top of the classifieds page. That doesn't happen anymore so there's no real way to "bump" your ad.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    Under the old system, your ad timed out and closed after three weeks. If you reopened itz you went back to the top of the classifieds page. That doesn't happen anymore so there's no real way to "bump" your ad.
    got it
    let me dive into it, see what the developer guys think, etc.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    The 'bump ad' should be there and is not, so HUH! Working on it.
    The biggest thing is for sellers to click the ADD
    transaction.png
    TRANSACTION button. This will place the ad on hold pending sale, etc

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    Btw, there are many great things about the new system, so I’m not just being grumpy…

One other thing that would be nice is if the system would automatically resize photos to the resolution the system wants when uploading. I’m still seeing guys say that they can’t upload pics because they don’t know how to resize. Alternatively, perhaps a tutorial on some ways to resize photos?

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    Btw, there are many great things about the new system, so I’m not just being grumpy…

One other thing that would be nice is if the system would automatically resize photos to the resolution the system wants when uploading. I’m still seeing guys say that they can’t upload pics because they don’t know how to resize. Alternatively, perhaps a tutorial on some ways to resize photos?
    Feedback is great, drove me nuts though on my end actually for some time that I could not find the BUMP button and now I know why, the BUMP ad button is finally live :)

Stay tuned for more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom