• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I didn't realize until I got home with this 26 that it has the NY1 trigger in it. I didn't look at the box until on my way home, nor did I test the trigger in the store. My bad, nobody to blame but me.

What can I do with this thing to make it better? This trigger is heavy and has a lot of mush in it, not good. Maybe install factory parts to get it to a normal Glock 5.5# trigger? Or should I take this opportunity to put a better trigger in it? If so, recommendations?

I've never detail stripped a Glock before. Is it a pain? I guess I'll YouTube this if I have to.

It'll be a HD/carry gun once things are squared away. Thanks in advance for all suggestions!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It's a REALLY simple gun to take apart. Get a standard disconnector and you'll be fine.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I like a NY1 spring with a 3.5# disconnector. Nicer than stock, IMO

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Changing the trigger in a Glock can be done in a couple of minutes. Good excuse to get an Apex.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Swap it out for the standard coil return spring.

While you have the gun open, take a look at the connector to see what is in there. If the trigger feels mushy, it could be a minus connector, which increases the travel to reduce the peak weight. Those are marked with a minus sign. The standard connectors are unmarked and there are also dot and plus connectors.
    It's a REALLY simple gun to take apart. Get a standard disconnector and you'll be fine.
    NY1 is the return spring, not the connector.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    NY1 is the return spring, not the connector.
    I typed that last evening. About 0200 this morning I was laying awake, unable to sleep and recalled this thread. I wondered if anyone would catch my dumb ass before I came back to the board to edit it.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Thanks for the replies.. This is the box label, it's one of the older 26s in the old Tupperware box. It hasn't been shot a whole lot. This trigger is just terrible.

Doc, what's the trigger like with the 3.5# connector? I've heard of doing this before, but it's been a while. Does that make it lighter? Crisper?

Thanks for the vid link outrider. Gonna tackle it tomorrow.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Wolff trigger spring arrived Wednesday. Replaced it this morning, so much better. Back to normal. I did buy a LW 3.5# connector, but liked the 5.5# combo enough I won't bother with it. If anybody wants a NY1 Trigger spring and the LW connector, gimme a holler. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks for the replies.. This is the box label, it's one of the older 26s in the old Tupperware box. It hasn't been shot a whole lot. This trigger is just terrible.

Doc, what's the trigger like with the 3.5# connector? I've heard of doing this before, but it's been a while. Does that make it lighter? Crisper?

Thanks for the vid link outrider. Gonna tackle it tomorrow.
    You end up with a 5# trigger, it is a little heavier on the take-up, but the break is crisper.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    You end up with a 5# trigger, it is a little heavier on the take-up, but the break is crisper.
    The trigger return is more brisk as well, which is why I ran a NY1 + 3.5 as well.

Some describe the trigger setup as similar to a revolver.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The trigger return is more brisk as well, which is why I ran a NY1 + 3.5 as well.

Some describe the trigger setup as similar to a revolver.
    That’s fair. I think every Glock shooter should try this. Of course, I can’t leave triggers alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom