I have a question about the classifieds that I was unable to find an answer to.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easternWashington

MDS Supporter
    Jul 5, 2024
    Colville Wa.
    Is there a way to reach out to a member in the classifieds to inquire if they would ship an item without committing to buy it until you find out the answer?

Thank you for any helpful information, and I will apologize now if I have violated any of the rules or guidelines posting this.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Is there a way to reach out to a member in the classifieds to inquire if they would ship an item without committing to buy it until you find out the answer?

Thank you for any helpful information, and I will apologize now if I have violated any of the rules or guidelines posting this.
    Down at the bottom of the ad there's a tab to contact the seller and that allows you to send them a message.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    In all honesty, I do not think that I would be willing to ship an item to someone who just joined MDS Forum without getting paid first. Especially if it was an item that was not inexpensive. Also, what "answer" are you trying to find regarding the item you are interested in?

Cal68

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    In all honesty, I do not think that I would be willing to ship an item to someone who just joined MDS Forum without getting paid first. Especially if it was an item that was not inexpensive. Also, what "answer" are you trying to find regarding the item you are interested in?

Cal68
    I think he just wants to find out if the seller would be willing to ship

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter

Cal68
    Unless I knew the buyer personally, heck yeah, money first.

easternWashington

MDS Supporter
    Jul 5, 2024
    Colville Wa.

Cal68
    It's not that it's a particularly high cost item it's just an item that I've been trying to find for a few years. I Live on the other side of the country so I'm trying to get in touch with the seller to find out if I pay them the amount that they are asking + shipping if they would mail it to me after payment is received of course, but I'm not having much luck finding the contact seller tab, I have a feeling that it's supposed to be where it says "You do not have permission to view the full content of this ad."

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    It's not that it's a particularly high cost item it's just an item that I've been trying to find for a few years. I Live on the other side of the country so I'm trying to get in touch with the seller to find out if I pay them the amount that they are asking + shipping if they would mail it to me after payment is received of course, but I'm not having much luck finding the contact seller tab, I have a feeling that it's supposed to be where it says "You do not have permission to view the full content of this ad."
    Not sure if possible. Maybe private message the seller using his forum name. Then you two can chat about it.

And welcome to MDS.

easternWashington

MDS Supporter
    Jul 5, 2024
    Colville Wa.
    Welcome to the forum now introduce yourself.
    Hi Mightydog
    I tend to go by easternWashington online as it's my geographical location here in the Huckleberry range of the Selkirk mountains. I collect and restore antique military firearms like Brunswick muskets as well as old military cartridge rifles. The last project I finished was a Colt sp1 that was in sorry shape. my current projects are a couple Mausers, an M1 Garand, and a two groove Brunswick.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Hi Mightydog
    I tend to go by easternWashington online as it's my geographical location here in the Huckleberry range of the Selkirk mountains. I collect and restore antique military firearms like Brunswick muskets as well as old military cartridge rifles. The last project I finished was a Colt sp1 that was in sorry shape. my current projects are a couple Mausers, an M1 Garand, and a two groove Brunswick.
    Intros go here. I'll do one, one of these days...

@easternWashington
    When you are logged into MDShooters.com as easternWashington and you look at a classified ad, below the item description, there should be four dark red boxes: contact seller, make offer, ask a question and post feedback.
    Can you see those four dark red boxes? If yes, click on "contact seller" and send them a message. If not, you can message the seller directly or simply respond in this thread with "@" user name (no spaces) and they will be notified you "tagged" them in the thread. (I did it to you as my first line)
    The above being said, you'll likely get a positive response doing what you mentioned upthread- offering to pay for the item + shipping before the seller sends it to you. We don't have Facebook levels of scammers, but we tend to be quite untrustful of strangers.

easternWashington

MDS Supporter
    Jul 5, 2024
    Colville Wa.
    @dwb1987
    I tagged you in this thread as I could not get in touch with you through the classifieds page.
    That being said, I am interested in purchasing the CMP M1 Garand stock set that you have listed in the classifieds section. As I live on the other side of the country I would happily pay your asking price + shipping up front. Please contact me at your earliest convenience by tagging me in this post.
    Best regards. easternWashington

@dwb1987
    I tagged you in this thread as I could not get in touch with you through the classifieds page.
    That being said, I am interested in purchasing the CMP M1 Garand stock set that you have listed in the classifieds section. As I live on the other side of the country I would happily pay your asking price + shipping up front. Please contact me at your earliest convenience by tagging me in this post.
    You did that correctly. Now that I know who it was, he has not logged on to the site since 6/28, so it may take a while for him to respond.
    Best of luck.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    @dwb1987
    I sent a PM to @dwb1987 for you

If you go here, you can become a MDS supporter, and you will have access to PMs (private messages)

Welcome aboard

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hi Mightydog
    Thanks for the intro. Welcome from somewhere north of Frederick.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

Second eruby's advice on becoming a site supporter. Otherwise, you'll need 50 posts to even use the classifieds system (and PMs). That's why you didn't see an option to "contact seller".

Last edited:

easternWashington

MDS Supporter
    Jul 5, 2024
    Colville Wa.
    Second eruby's advice on becoming a site supporter. Otherwise, you'll need 50 posts to even use the classifieds system (and PMs). That's why you didn't see an option to "contact seller".

Thank you for the clarification on that. I had thought that meant that you could not sell anything in the classifieds section until you get to 50 posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    shatter

Latest threads

Top Bottom