• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Well it's not brand new. I was told it has 80 rounds fired. It is an FN 5.7. Not the newest version. It's the one before that. The kicker was the sale included 700 rounds of FN SS197SR 40gr. ammo. I paid $1000 for gun with 3 magazines and the 700 rounds of ammo. I purchased from Anglers in Annapolis. I thought that was a pretty awesome deal considering the ammo would cost between $600-$700 and the gun runs $1200-$1400 new. I can't wait to get out and run some rounds through it. What do you think of the deal? Any advise you can give from someone that owns one of these?

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Great deal!

I don't have an FN, but I just ordered the new S&M M&P 5.7. I'll be picking it up in about two weeks. We can meet up sometime and compare them at the range if you'd like?

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Great deal!

I don't have an FN, but I just ordered the new S&M M&P 5.7. I'll be picking it up in about two weeks. We can meet up sometime and compare them at the range if you'd like?
    Wow. I am surprised the new S&W will be available that quickly. Looks like a really nice gun. I would be interested in comparing them. Maybe we can hit the range once you get yours. Are you local to A.A. co?

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Wow. I am surprised the new S&W will be available that quickly. Looks like a really nice gun. I would be interested in comparing them. Maybe we can hit the range once you get yours. Are you local to A.A. co?
    I paid $717 which is a tad over MSRP but I didn't want to have to wait. Some places online have been getting them in for $649 but they sell out in minutes.

I am in AA CO, yes. Usually drive out to Del Marva to use their outdoor range, but am going to be exploring other options here soon (Maybe AGC).

And before anyone asks, I have dual residency with TX & MD. The M&P 5.7 likely won't be on the roster in MD anytime soon. But I often travel back to TX so have the benefit of being able to buy whatever I want, no rosters, no magazine limits, etc.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I paid $717 which is a tad over MSRP but I didn't want to have to wait. Some places online have been getting them in for $649 but they sell out in minutes.

I am in AA CO, yes. Usually drive out to Del Marva to use their outdoor range, but am going to be exploring other options here soon (Maybe AGC).

And before anyone asks, I have dual residency with TX & MD. The M&P 5.7 likely won't be on the roster in MD anytime soon. But I often travel back to TX so have the benefit of being able to buy whatever I want, no rosters, no magazine limits, etc.
    That explains how you are getting it so quickly. I usually make the drive out to Delmarva also. I really like being outdoors and it usually isn't crowded there. I just don't like the drive to much. I am in the process of joining Stoney Creek Gun club so maybe that will my next shooting spot soon. It's about a mile from my house.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    That explains how you are getting it so quickly. I usually make the drive out to Delmarva also. I really like being outdoors and it usually isn't crowded there. I just don't like the drive to much. I am in the process of joining Stoney Creek Gun club so maybe that will my next shooting spot soon. It's about a mile from my house.
    I hear ya about the drive, but also like you I love how it's not busy, I love it being outdoors, and I love being able to shoot rifle to 300 and then walk 15 feet and shoot pistol steel.

What's the process there for Stoney Creek?

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    For me I met a guy that is a member and I told him I was interested in joining. He told me to attend the monthly meeting and he said he would sponsor me. Seems simple enough. You have to go with a member several times so they can verify you aren't an idiot with a gun and use common sense. I'm sure there are rules you will need to learn and obey but thats cool. Once he gives you the ok you can just go yourself.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I can go to Cindy's and in the time it takes me to wait for an open lane I can pretty much be at Delmarva. How crazy is that.....

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Well it's not brand new. I was told it has 80 rounds fired. It is an FN 5.7. Not the newest version. It's the one before that. The kicker was the sale included 700 rounds of FN SS197SR 40gr. ammo. I paid $1000 for gun with 3 magazines and the 700 rounds of ammo. I purchased from Anglers in Annapolis. I thought that was a pretty awesome deal considering the ammo would cost between $600-$700 and the gun runs $1200-$1400 new. I can't wait to get out and run some rounds through it. What do you think of the deal? Any advise you can give from someone that owns one of these?
    You did get a deal, go buy a lottery ticket and see if the luck continues

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I am also curious about 5.7 ammo and what is considered the best bullets. I don't mind spending a little extra money if I know the ammo is reliable and my gun likes it. I really don't think there are a whole lot of options in this caliber. Speer seems to be the most expensive while Federal seems to be the cheapest.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I am also curious about 5.7 ammo and what is considered the best bullets. I don't mind spending a little extra money if I know the ammo is reliable and my gun likes it. I really don't think there are a whole lot of options in this caliber. Speer seems to be the most expensive while Federal seems to be the cheapest.
    FN makes their own, polymer tip.

You see that Palmetto State Armory built a new ammo facility, called AAC (America's Ammo Co), they announced they'll be producing 5.7 as well. I think it'll end up being cheaper then Federal.

I just bought 3 boxes of Federal the other day for $32/box of 50. This is what I'll keep buying (for now) to use as range ammo. I might buy some of that polymer tip stuff from FN if I ever decide to carry this.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    FN makes their own, polymer tip.

You see that Palmetto State Armory built a new ammo facility, called AAC (America's Ammo Co), they announced they'll be producing 5.7 as well. I think it'll end up being cheaper then Federal.

I just bought 3 boxes of Federal the other day for $32/box of 50. This is what I'll keep buying (for now) to use as range ammo. I might buy some of that polymer tip stuff from FN if I ever decide to carry this.
    I just ordered a box of the Federal the other day too. $32.99 a box. Found some good ammo deals online at a place called Bucking Horse Outpost. Orders over $125 get free shipping too.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I just ordered a box of the Federal the other day too. $32.99 a box. Found some good ammo deals online at a place called Bucking Horse Outpost. Orders over $125 get free shipping too.
    HA, that's exactly where I ordered mine from.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    That's a good deal.

I rarely shoot my FN unless I'm with other people, everyone who never shot one instantly likes how the 5.7 ammo looks like a mini 5.56/.223 but realistically it's just like shooting a 22 mag.

Huge grip, weird safety location but I only have it as a novelty.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I'm a visual guy. No pics?

IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members