• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djryan328

Aug 10, 2020
    I lost my wallet a while back and had to get a replacement driver’s license. However, MVA issued me a new license number. It doesn’t match my old number that appears on my HQL license. Has anyone had the same thing happen? Will this be an issue the next time I go to purchase a firearm, and if so what do I do?

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    It wont be an issue, the new emailed hql's dont even have a dl license number on them. I seriously doubt any gun stores look at that, even the address they kind of leave it to the state police.

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    Update your DL # on your MDSP licensing portal profiles. It's all linked together in their system so you don't have to worry about it.

It is pretty common with the new Real ID DL number updates.

johnboy

Oct 18, 2022
    Flintstone md
    I might need to check that 322 out, been thinking about getting one!
    I just picked mine up two Weeks ago
    Once I put couple hundred rounds down range it was good before it was broke in was a little finicky love it you will not be disappointed just have a little patience until you get it broken

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    The new numbers aren’t consistent. I’ve seen them newer and older than mine that did not change when I got the “real ID” crap done and mine isn’t the only one like that. That may be the goal but they are fvcking up if that’s the case.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Is it the newer version HQL? I have a 2013 HQL and my DL# is on the back
    Mine's from 2015, I didn't look on the back! I have a picture of the front on my phone LOL! Now
    I have to go look on the back. I did have a snafu last month. From the time I started my first electronic
    77R my middle initial was on there. Now, all of a sudden, my entire middle name was needed. Cost me an extra week
    and $10 more dollars! The message I got was "Middle name on 77R does not match middle name in DMV records"

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Mine's from 2015, I didn't look on the back! I have a picture of the front on my phone LOL! Now
    I have to go look on the back. I did have a snafu last month. From the time I started my first electronic
    77R my middle initial was on there. Now, all of a sudden, my entire middle name was needed. Cost me an extra week
    and $10 more dollars! The message I got was "Middle name on 77R does not match middle name in DMV records"
    That shouldn’t have cost anything extra. I have to edit customer 77r’s occasionally after they’ve been sent back and have never paid to have it resubmitted. Had one with a first name typo 2 weeks ago.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I lost my wallet a while back and had to get a replacement driver’s license. However, MVA issued me a new license number. It doesn’t match my old number that appears on my HQL license. Has anyone had the same thing happen? Will this be an issue the next time I go to purchase a firearm, and if so what do I do?
    Maryland license numbers are based on your name and date of birth. If your number was changed, something is wrong!

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Just helped my daughter replace her lost DL last week. According to the lady @ the MVA the old DL numbers are going away and a new system is coming. Perhaps it's already started? I think the old system was called soundex.

Edited to add info link:

The old DL soundex was the first letter of the last name, then 3 digits corresponding to the next 3 consonants. The next numbers might have just been sequence numbers. The National Archives also used soundex for indexing names.

I got a new number when I did a change of address and wanted a new license card.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom