• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcountry

Jan 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    So my wife got your HGP. And then applied for the HQL, been almost 2 weeks for HQL. I can't remember how I got my HQL. But we entered the portal and picked training exempt form because the other seemed wouldn't go thru unless you put in a certified trainer or something. And the training exempt gave you a spot for hunters safety (I assume thats the way I got mine).

Did we mess up?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    So my wife got your HGP. And then applied for the HQL, been almost 2 weeks for HQL. I can't remember how I got my HQL. But we entered the portal and picked training exempt form because the other seemed wouldn't go thru unless you put in a certified trainer or something. And the training exempt gave you a spot for hunters safety (I assume thats the way I got mine).

Did we mess up?

If you applied using hunter's safety, it is indeed training exempt, but not free and going to be processed on the normal HQL timeline. Here's the bit (from the MSI Page) that is for using the HGP for the free HQL:

1669928732856.png

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I applied for my HQL three days ago, after getting my W&C approval.

It still shows "pending." Everyone else seems to get theirs within 24 hours.

It's looking like I'm going to have to call them.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if MSP LD were wishing for MGA to just make the W&C a de facto HQL at this point. They won't, of course.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012

I was approved on 11/22 and applied with the number. I am still waiting on the HQL.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Well that makes me feel better. The website and application process are so confusing I keep wondering if I screwed up somehow.

I sent them an email.
    I think they read me fussing about how long it takes them to get stuff done and now they are sitting on it. :lol2:

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD

Did we mess up?
    Yes you messed up, you should have selected permit exempt not training exempt.

Should require no prints and no cost.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Yes you messed up, you should have selected permit exempt not training exempt.

Should require no prints and no cost.
    Yes I helped my wife and initially we selected the wrong drop-down. Went in and started a new application selecting permit exempt and typed in all the info. Near the bottom it asks for your HGP number. Submitted it with no payment needed and took about 36 hours for approval.

You can start a new application and delete the older one.

Good luck.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012

Thanks for calling, mine came through this morning. :)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least if MSP LD were wishing for MGA to just make the W&C a de facto HQL at this point. They won't, of course.

While we're at it , let's make the HQL a W&C . Seriously . The HQL approximates or exceedes Carry requirements in probably 3/4 of the country .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom