Howard County Silverado July 20 & 21 (with Amateur Radio Hamfest too!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    You were going to say cerakote? Or you thought it was a norinco?

The name is very faint but all the serial numbers are still very deeply stamped.

I could see it was Argentine.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!! The Ham fest was going today and they stopped ALL gun show people from entering the main entrance. They were charging $10.00 per car to park on the grounds. They made gun show people turn around, and drive toward the rear of the grounds across a gravel path and grass. They did not provide direction or signs. If you made to the rear of the building, there was limited parking where the venders park. Otherwise, you parked in a field, some distance from the building. Once you walked to the building, you could not enter. The entrance was at OTHER end, necessitating another long walk. This was a hardship on the elderly and handicapped. As a vender. I wonder how many people wonder how many people turned around and left.

I was really pissed about that ^^^ when I arrived this morning about 8:15. Frank (promoter) was beyond pissed about it as well.

338lapua09

Feb 7, 2013
    3rd rock from sun
    WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!! The Ham fest was going today and they stopped ALL gun show people from entering the main entrance. They were charging $10.00 per car to park on the grounds. They made gun show people turn around, and drive toward the rear of the grounds across a gravel path and grass. They did not provide direction or signs. If you made to the rear of the building, there was limited parking where the venders park. Otherwise, you parked in a field, some distance from the building. Once you walked to the building, you could not enter. The entrance was at OTHER end, necessitating another long walk. This was a hardship on the elderly and handicapped. As a vender. I wonder how many people wonder how many people turned around and left.

Many vendors had the same issue or worse with those hammy guys.Cops involved for a minute..just saying.
    Bad planning and poor signs .I did hear at the end of the day they were driving people back to thier cars with a golf cart.All in all a good show.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I had a good time and picked up a M1 carbine from some new Hagerstown friends. Thanks 338! :)

Silverado had posted on their FB page around 9:00 am about the parking issue, and when I got there around 11:00 there were signs up and a few guys at the walking entrance directing you. I was okay with it.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I could see it was Argentine.

I was really pissed about that ^^^ when I arrived this morning about 8:15. Frank (promoter) was beyond pissed about it as well.

Don't hate her cus she's from Argentina ;)

I was so excited to find the grips I was just going for a couple small parts and walked out with something that made me very happy!

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County

We got there around 9:15 and they had signs on the main road directing people where to park for the gun show or hamfest. As you walked into the grounds we were charged the $6.00 entry fee. Not sure if they did the same thing when entering for the gun show or if they collected the money when you entered the building. I didn't see anyone charging for parking. As we were leaving around 10am, they were asking people if they were going to the gun show and letting them walk through the entrance for the hamfet, but not collecting any money.

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    For my 1st gun show it was ok. Joined the NRA at a discount and got free admission. Donated to the legal fund. Bought an ammo can. And freaking drooled over the ARs I can never afford unless I build it myself. Met some nice folks. The guy in the back, Precision..whats their story? They looked like they were assembling lowers and uppers on site. I can,t comment on gun prices as I don't know enough for comparison except for 1 or two models I have been looking at.

Mark with Precision Firearms is the best. He was based out of Hagerstown but moved to Avenue, MD(I think). He has built some AR's for me and my buddies. Nothing but quality comes out of that shop. Plus they are Maryland owned.

I am saving now for another one from Him.:thumbsup:

338lapua09

Feb 7, 2013
    3rd rock from sun
    I had a good time and picked up a M1 carbine from some new Hagerstown friends. Thanks 338! :)

Silverado had posted on their FB page around 9:00 am about the parking issue, and when I got there around 11:00 there were signs up and a few guys at the walking entrance directing you. I was okay with it.

Nice to have meet you.Hope MSI had a good show. I sent a few people your way .

Don't forget to stop and see the collection of M1 carbines at Collectors Corners. :party29:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Nice to have meet you.Hope MSI had a good show. I sent a few people your way .

Don't forget to stop and see the collection of M1 carbines at Collectors Corners. :party29:

I liked his M1, I just recently aquired my first wood (Springfield 1903) and I am starting to have an affinity for more wood. I currently have a field grade M1 Garrand on order from CMP, but 6Pack's M1 Carbine looked sexy.

I may have to take a day and come up that way and see what else you have to look at so I can have more wood while looking at wood.

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    I couldn't make it but could someone who was there tell me about small pistol primer or pistol powder availability? Was it still none to be found or was there some to be had?

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    Very few primers. Don't remember if there were small pistol. Did see some magnum large pistol. I'm well stocked so I didn't pay too much attention. One table had powder at reasonable prices, but again, a very small selection. I might be mistaken, but I think you need a special license to sell powder in MD. Try the next York or VA show. Again, I'm well stocked and what I have will last for a while.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    Mark with Precision Firearms is the best. He was based out of Hagerstown but moved to Avenue, MD(I think). He has built some AR's for me and my buddies. Nothing but quality comes out of that shop. Plus they are Maryland owned.

I am saving now for another one from Him.:thumbsup:
    I checked them out at Chantilly today and I was very impressed by everything that I saw and heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom