• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Might be worth contacting them and asking about their CC policy. They don’t have anything posted online.

Where is this posted?
    THERE ARE TO BE NO LOADED FIREARMS IN THE SHOW! BIG SIGN FROM THE PROMOTER AS YOU COME IN, THIS IS THIER POLICY! You may see a few vendors carrying in the show with permission from the promoter.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Just got back from setting up for the show. We're right in the front where we usually are, looks to be a good amount of vendors. Make sure to stop by and see us, we have a real nice selection on Milsurp rifles. Make sure to check out our prices on ammo too!

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Just got back from setting up for the show. We're right in the front where we usually are, looks to be a good amount of vendors. Make sure to stop by and see us, we have a real nice selection on Milsurp rifles. Make sure to check out our prices on ammo too!
    Thanks for the update.

I hope I can get a kitchen pass this weekend to make it by.

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    I did not see much difference between this gun show and the last three. Prices are still inflated. Plenty of people walking around who don’t know what they’re looking at. And there were plenty of people who were just there for window shopping. There were plenty of axes, knives, multi colored bling for your AR platforms, or books on every subject imaginable, and HQL classes in the back corner.

I am not a fan of crowds so I got in and out early. I may be able to get better later on.

db32

Mar 7, 2020
    I got a good deal on a mark IV, but everything else seemed more expensive then before. About 30-40% of the back hall was close to unused

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I went around Noon and left by 12:30.
    It was really slow. Lots of overpriced items. Some ammo. Only reloading powder was at Precision Firearms LT30. No primers.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    For those that went today, was there much of a selection on optics? I want to get some hands on comparisons with a couple RD’s and did anyone have any Primary Arms products?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    For those that went today, was there much of a selection on optics? I want to get some hands on comparisons with a couple RD’s and did anyone have any Primary Arms products?

There was at least one vendor in the middle of the room that had a large selection of optics, I didn't check to see what brands were on display.

Precision Firearms were there also, in their usual location. I believe they usually have a small selection, but not positive about that.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Ammo ranged from reasonable (South Carroll and one other vendor) to normal, to "Dude, has this guy been smoking weed since 2020? He's still trying to sell at mid-covid panic prices".

At least one FFL was still trying to sell firearms at covid prices too. He had Sub2k's at $799. :lol2:

South Carroll had some on display for over $200 cheaper than he did, and one vendor had one for $499.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Stop on by and see us today! Still have an assortment of new and used guns available as well as some ammo at our low low prices!

eriwar

Feb 13, 2010
    Osprey Optics was there with a large selection of optics.

eriwar

Feb 13, 2010
    I was there yesterday and enjoyed myself. This show definitely scratches the gunshow itch. I bought some .40 sw at what I think was a great price. I might go back today to buy a new EDC setup.

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    I seem to remember that years ago gun shows were used to sell your products and not to pad your pockets. I guess those times are gone.

I gave this gun show a chance but it just shows that businesses are not ready to leave behind their inflated prices because there are plenty of people who are still willing to pay them because they have normalized these inflated prices in their minds.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I seem to remember that years ago gun shows were used to sell your products and not to pad your pockets. I guess those times are gone.

I gave this gun show a chance but it just shows that businesses are not ready to leave behind their inflated prices because there are plenty of people who are still willing to pay them because they have normalized these inflated prices in their minds.
    The hard part is we don’t know what the sellers paid for those products.
    They may have also purchased them at inflated prices and are trying to recuperate their losses.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Don't forget that a whole new batch of gun owners a stepping up since the SCOUS ruling. There are still supply and demand issues to top it off.
    Maybe in a year or two the prices may start to return... unless covid, election, etc.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    They may have also purchased them at inflated prices and are trying to recuperate their losses.
    I have taken a loss when selling things in the past. It’s a risk of doing business. I still think that when you go to a gun show to make some sales your prices should be lower. Doesn’t matter though cause I didn’t buy any inflated products. But it hurts gun show venders who don’t lower their prices at gun shows because it just means they lose future customers through word of mouth and places like this where people can read about others experiences.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    lol. I see people paying "inflated prices." Why would a seller reduce their prices if people are paying it?

The beauty of America is that you can run your business however you want and then someone will be along to criticize it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I agree to this and i get it folks do t want to lose money but if you’re 10CPR over the rest of the businesses then your just holding inventory. At some point paying someone to load it and unload it regularly you end up losing money anyway (more so on guns with the safe storage daily).

The only legit reason to go to Howard is SCSG. Unless United or Engage are there too. Their prices are higher but their locations dictate that.

$800 for a Sub2K??? Things are worth what people will pay for them but i hope that stays in their inventory for 15 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom