• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    Yeah, they saw my holster and asked if I was carrying but I left my 19 at home but it’s a pain in the ass to remove the holster. Was kinda disappointed tbh. My last gun show was in Fredericksburg and was huge. This felt like maybe 20 vendors and didn’t really see any prices that were deals except maybe the $475 Sub2k. Idk if it’s because it’s MD or what, but that was sad.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Yeah, they saw my holster and asked if I was carrying but I left my 19 at home but it’s a pain in the ass to remove the holster. Was kinda disappointed tbh. My last gun show was in Fredericksburg and was huge. This felt like maybe 20 vendors and didn’t really see any prices that were deals except maybe the $475 Sub2k. Idk if it’s because it’s MD or what, but that was sad.

I agree Was there around 1pm today and not much going on. Last time I went to a gun show was at Dulles and although I was in no way expecting the same, I was expecting some good deals and variety. Couple good tables if you needed those items, but many other tables looked like personal stuff for sale??? Idk. The target table had a lot.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    It's not you, it's MD.

Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    I agree Was there around 1pm today and not much going on. Last time I went to a gun show was at Dulles and although I was in no way expecting the same, I was expecting some good deals and variety. Couple good tables if you needed those items, but many other tables looked like personal stuff for sale??? Idk. The target table had a lot.
    My wife said the old men selling their personal stuff looked like they were angry they had to. We stopped at every table and the only one that engaged with us was the dude with the handmade knives, which I think was the first table on the left going in. We were either straight up ignored or got shot dirty looks by the rest.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Meh. I'm not going to that show again.
    They are never “great” but there is another gun show happening about 30 min away that probably pulled away some of the vendors.

I said it once and I’ll say it again, not sure why the gun prices aren’t 10% lower than everyday prices to drive more business on show day.

Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    They are never “great” but there is another gun show happening about 30 min away that probably pulled away some of the vendors.

I said it once and I’ll say it again, not sure why the gun prices aren’t 10% lower than everyday prices to drive more business on show day.
    Probably because a bunch of Fudds don't realize that you can insta-check prices now. lol.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

It's a small show, but this one was smaller than usual. There is a show going on at Chantilly and one in Bel Air this weekend. Precision Arms usually has a big display in the back, and they were absent.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

Well, when one vendor, oh shoot (who was it now?), had sub2000's for $750, even a 10% discount isn't very good.

SCSG has the best prices, as usual.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD

Ok, I am just going to say in defense of MY store both at the shop or a show. If my items were priced at retail or MSRP I could see doing a discount for shows, however my prices are almost always below MSRP, something I have tried to do since I opened the business. You'd be very hard pressed to find a new firearm at my tables priced at MSRP, don't believe me, come check it out. With that said, If I knocked off another 10% of my prices I typically would make very little profit, certainly not worth doing the show anyways. Those of you who think that all dealers get rich selling guns have a lot to learn! If you dont like the price you see, talk to the vendor they may be willing to work a little bit. I certainly made several deals with people today at the show. ...

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Ok, I am just going to say in defense of MY store both at the shop or a show. If my items were priced at retail or MSRP I could see doing a discount for shows, however my prices are almost always below MSRP, something I have tried to do since I opened the business. You'd be very hard pressed to find a new firearm at my tables priced at MSRP, don't believe me, come check it out. With that said, If I knocked off another 10% of my prices I typically would make very little profit, certainly not worth doing the show anyways. Those of you who think that all dealers get rich selling guns have a lot to learn! If you dont like the price you see, talk to the vendor they may be willing to work a little bit. I certainly made several deals with people today at the show. ...
    Your booth was the only well priced vendor as usual. I’m just saying in general, paying employees to show up Saturday and Sunday, set up tables, and then sell one or two guns doesn’t seem worth the squeeze.

If it were me I would try to make up the difference in volume of sales vs big ticket.

Or price the non regulated sales at a good price. The regulated firearms get weird when you have to come back to their physical store a week later.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    I just got back from the show and they asked me if I was carrying. Another attendee at the show pulled out his gun for a measurement at a table, so I assume they just want it unloaded at the door.

The show was very small, only about half full. There was a lot of people there around 1:00.

So the gun show is a gun free zone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Is it legal to CCW to these? I can't find anything stating yes or no online.
    ( At present ) it is not illegal .

However, every promoter of every gun show has a policy against loaded for attendees .

Yes ,firearms may be brought with you . At minimum ,will be inspected , some shows will zip tie .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom