How to properly beat a horse. Please allot 16 hours. This is mandatory.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    As I previously stated, if it was about training, no one would be exempt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Those who’ve actually trained in hand guns and shoot/don’t shoot law and practice… SHOULD be exempt. But, because they already carry the certification of training which far exceeds the 16 hour arbitrary requirement of the MGA infringement. Therefore they are not actually exempted from training. They’ve simply already been through the required time and subject matter.

That said… the 16 hour requirement, to enable one to exercise their COTUS 2A Right… is complete bullsh!t. And we all know it is.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Those who’ve actually trained in hand guns and shoot/don’t shoot law and practice… SHOULD be exempt. But, because they already carry the certification of training which far exceeds the 16 hour arbitrary requirement of the MGA infringement. Therefore they are not actually exempted from training. They’ve simply already been through the required time and subject matter.

That said… the 16 hour requirement, to enable one to exercise their COTUS 2A Right… is complete bullsh!t. And we all know it is.
    NO MORE SPECIAL CLASSES

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    NO MORE SPECIAL CLASSES
    You went to medical school. You did the work. I did not go to medical school.

If the two of us were applying for the same position which required 16 hours of the most rudimentary medical training. And the administrators chose to recognize that you’ve already been there and done that. WOULD THAT MAKE YOU A SPECIAL CLASS MEMBER?

Dammit Doc… this ain’t rocket surgery.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

If the two of us were applying for the same position which required 16 hours of the most rudimentary medical training. And the administrators chose to recognize that you’ve already been there and done that. WOULD THAT MAKE YOU A SPECIAL CLASS MEMBER?

I don't want any special treatment because of what I do.

I still have to be CPR certified, and I've done more CPR than I care to remember. Also, practicing medicine is not an enumerated right.
    The correct answer is no training is required.

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

That is TOTALLY different. We are talking about a right. Just because someone was a police officer or in the military doesn’t mean they should be exempt. EVERYONE should be treated the same when it comes to this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Sick of those complaining about veterans having an exemption to the classes.

At 17 while Vietnam was still going on, I wrote my first will. Until you have written a blank check to the American people that could cost you your life, you have no right to compare yourself to anyone that has served. This includes those that may not have touched a weapon after basic training.

If you have a problem with the requirements(I don't think they are necessary for an enumerated right, either), then complain to the legislature. Belittling veterans because they may not have had training that you consider adequate, demonstrates a lack of character, IMO.

Veterans that have served honorably, have demonstrated they support a cause greater than themselves, whatever their individual motivation. This is the only qualifier needed for veteran's to be granted preferential treatment for anything. Veterans are routinely given preference when applying for government jobs, etc...
    It is how the nation shows it's gratitude for voluntary service!

This horse has been beaten beyond it's death!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sick of those complaining about veterans having an exemption to the classes.

At 17 while Vietnam was still going on, I wrote my first will. Until you have written a blank check to the American people that could cost you your life, you have no right to compare yourself to anyone that has served. This includes those that may not have touched a weapon after basic training.

If you have a problem with the requirements(I don't think they are necessary for an enumerated right, either), then complain to the legislature. Belittling veterans because they may not have had training that you consider adequate, demonstrates a lack of character, IMO.

Veterans that have served honorably, have demonstrated they support a cause greater than themselves, whatever their individual motivation. This is the only qualifier needed for veteran's to be granted preferential treatment for anything. Veterans are routinely given preference when applying for government jobs, etc...
    It is how the nation shows it's gratitude for voluntary service!

This horse has been beaten beyond it's death!
    It's not about veterans. It's about them equating training with increased public safety, then exempting a bunch of people who mostly aren't shooters. It's about training for everyone being BS. RIF.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Without reviewing some 400+ posts in this thread, I don't think a single person has belittled veterans for anything.

A DD-214 does not, in fact, make someone "qualified" to carry a firearm for the purposes of self defense. Being born confers that right, one that the Bill of Rights acknowledges, and one that SCOTUS is helping to define for grabby legislatures.

The problem, of course, is grabbers.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I don't want any special treatment because of what I do.

I still have to be CPR certified, and I've done more CPR than I care to remember. Also, practicing medicine is not an enumerated right.
    The correct answer is no training is required.
    There you have it.

I've done more handgun and law training than I care to remember.

Sitting through a 16 hour class, taking up the space from others who’ve never trained… and now must get that training… would be total bullsh!t.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Without reviewing some 400+ posts in this thread, I don't think a single person has belittled veterans for anything.

A DD-214 does not, in fact, make someone "qualified" to carry a firearm for the purposes of self defense. Being born confers that right, one that the Bill of Rights acknowledges, and one that SCOTUS is helping to define for grabby legislatures.

The problem, of course, is grabbers.
    SO true.
    But they are not here to fight with us. So they just sit and watch us tear each other apart over things they caused.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    To no one in particular

scream.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    There you have it.

I've done more handgun and law training than I care to remember.

Sitting through a 16 hour class, taking up the space from others who’ve never trained… and now must get that training… would be total bullsh!t.
    I do CPR every 2 years.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    That is TOTALLY different. We are talking about a right. Just because someone was a police officer or in the military doesn’t mean they should be exempt. EVERYONE should be treated the same when it comes to this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TRAINING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY COTUS RIGHT.

THIS is about training.

Those who’ve trained… ARE NOT EXEMPT.

THEIR PRIOR TRAINING IS RECOGNIZED AS SUFFICIENT.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I do CPR every 2 years.
    LEOs are required to re-certify at least once EVERY year. I did three times per year. Once with each… service weapon, Off duty weapon, and shotgun. AND took CPR/AED training as well.
    AND I STAYED AT A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    LEOs are required to re-certify at least once EVERY year. I did three times per year. Once with each… service weapon, Off duty weapon, and shotgun. AND took CPR/AED training as well.
    AND I STAYED AT A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS!
    BPD qualed 3 times a year huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom