How to properly beat a horse. Please allot 16 hours. This is mandatory.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nope.. the state says Im exempt and that's good enough for me. I read about the trainers giving bad info during their classes and if you follow that bad training and end up using your gun and the info you were given is incorrect you aren't going to be able to use the bad info as an excuse. At least I could point to the exemption and honestly say "you exempted me because of military service" ..

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Try to live scan that.

Sgt. Oats: “Mr. Ed, your hoof prints are significantly different on your renewal. Different shoes”
    Mr. Ed: “Oats, I always liked you. You know, my old farrier died, and this one does things a little differently. What’s an old stud to do?
    That's what I thought applied.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I had small arms training, rifle and pistol by a number of army/marine marksmen trainers they covered safety, cleaning and target training before I was 18. After that I received formal training in the Air Force with sidearm, rife and both semi and automatics training. Due to positions I worked over next 23 years of active service I was require to re-qualify many times to carry and use a firearm. With all the many times I had to have my finger prints taken background and financials checked I’ll be dammed if I will pay someone to tell me how to handle a firearm. This is one of the many reasons I relocated my firearms and person to a Free State in the South. So all the Dumb MF’s in DC/ Maryland can Kiss my A$$. :kissass:

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I don't care who you are or who the training company is, this is not acceptable. And this target is HUGE. It's like the thing was made for people to pass.
    I was talking to a former co worker of mine we are partnering up and should have our little business in full swing before Spring. Instructors in good conscience shouldn't be ok with this. But I get it. Passing score out of 25.

bd56e218f1aeae18879b9cd8003623ee.jpg
    I'm really disappointed in your grouping Blaster. :)

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    If I am not mistaken there is a strong consensus (with me among them) that proper training is valuable and should be taken voluntarily by anyone carrying concealed, but cannot be a condition for exercising a constitutional right.
    This is the perfect post for the entire thread.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Why are you yelling?
    It’s a long way from here to where you are. Did you “hear” me?

And.,. YOU said
    That is TOTALLY different. We are talking about a right. Just because someone was a police officer or in the military doesn’t mean they should be exempt. EVERYONE should be treated the same when it comes to this stuff.

Last edited:

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Just be safe out there. I think this should be the theme song for training. Please do not make a mistake. Everyone has their own story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom