• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    In the employer area, is the phone number requested for your supervisor? Or for corporate or HR?

If it's just employment verification corporate would orobably be easier for me.

Thanks
    Does anyone have an answer for this? It kind of got lost on the last page.
    Thanks

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Does anyone know if permanent resident non-citizens can get a MD Wear and Carry? My dad is a Canadian citizen but a permanent resident with a greencard. Buying guns isn't a problem but I dont know what this state would say for carry. Maybe nothing.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Does anyone know if permanent resident non-citizens can get a MD Wear and Carry? My dad is a Canadian citizen but a permanent resident with a greencard. Buying guns isn't a problem but I dont know what this state would say for carry. Maybe nothing.
    We can’t have armed Canadians. That’s how you get a coup.

kolohekanaka

Jul 23, 2017
    Howard County, MD
    (a) documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or signed statements from witnesses

I selected "personal protection" as the reason for my handgun permit application. In light of the Supreme Court's decision, does the MSP still require the above listed documentation for personal protection?

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    (a) documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or signed statements from witnesses

I selected "personal protection" as the reason for my handgun permit application. In light of the Supreme Court's decision, does the MSP still require the above listed documentation for personal protection?
    No.

See the guide: reason for permit put "self defense"

Or upload the following image for extra bonus points.

Attachments

• thomas 2.jpg
      thomas 2.jpg
      49.2 KB · Views: 78

kolohekanaka

Jul 23, 2017
    Howard County, MD
    No.

See the guide: reason for permit put "self defense"

Or upload the following image for extra bonus points.
    Thanks, lol!

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    Still wondering about applying as a non resident. Still own a house in MD and have relatives there i like to visit.

I saw some mention of them accepting military training in place of the md 16 hour class. Anyone know specifics on that? DD214 or need to have certificates from pistol related classes?

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes , non res treated same as residents .

DD214

Prints must be done in Maryland .

IF an interview is done , It potentially would be done in Maryland . The doing of interview or not is currently in flux , and things * might * standardize one way or another , once sufficient Administrative Officer ll are hired to handle all the work load . Or not .

References may be from anywhere . May or may not currently be contacted . Best Practices would be selecting references with an eye of their being easily reachable by MSP if needed .

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I need to change my address and the MSP website says you simply have to notify them in writing. Is it really that simple? Do you get a new card? I was unable to find a proper address.

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    Sorry but I can't seem to find reference to this. My application has everything but the training cert which I will not have until Oct. It will not allow me to submit without it. I am assuming that the fingerprint record in my 'saved' application will not expire before I get the training??

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sorry but I can't seem to find reference to this. My application has everything but the training cert which I will not have until Oct. It will not allow me to submit without it. I am assuming that the fingerprint record in my 'saved' application will not expire before I get the training??
    Your prints are good for 30 days, IIRC.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    What makes you think you could have submitted without the training cert?

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    You cannot submit without training.

Yes, your fingerprint scan will expire by Oct. you will need to get it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom