• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackInjun

Jun 7, 2013
    It does. They drafted the bill poorly. Note how the bill separately defines what an assault weapon is. HBARs don't escape the other definition.
    I just spoke with Millers Gun, they will only sell Colt AR15 HBAR until it is clarified whether they can sell other manufacturer's HBAR model

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    It does. They drafted the bill poorly. Note how the bill separately defines what an assault weapon is. HBARs don't escape the other definition.
    I disagree.

The law specifically says the H-Bar is an exempt firearm.

The question is in what format and what manufacturer.

I would argue that the H-Bar was only a heavy barrel. Thus, the rifle is not banned and can have banned features that are not otherwise allowed for other firearms.

The law is poorly written and one can not argue the rifle is not exempt when the law specifically exempts it by name.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I'm somewhat surprised they didn't try to challenge under the state RKBA. The DE Supreme court has actually seemed reasonably good on this front and the DE RKBA is relatively recent being passed in the 1980's. Assuming these rifles were legal back then, you'd assume they'd be legal now, as the technology is not that much different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom