• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Hopefully this won't make it through before the end of this session.

"The Delaware Lethal Firearms Safety Act of 2022 prohibits the manufacture, sale, offer to sell, transfer, purchase, receipt, possession, or transport of assault weapons in Delaware, subject to certain exceptions. One exception is that the Act does not prohibit the possession and transport of firearms that were lawfully possessed or purchased before the effective date of this Act; although for these firearms there are certain restrictions relating to their possession and transport after the effective date of this Act. There are also exceptions for law-enforcement and military personnel in the course of their official duties, and a limited exception for retired law-enforcement personnel. Finally, a person lawfully in possession of an assault weapon prior to the passage of this Act may lawfully transfer the weapon to a member of their family, through inheritance or otherwise. The Act directs the Department of Safety and Homeland Security to develop a procedure for issuance of a voluntary certificate of possession to show lawful possession of an assault weapon prior to the effective date of the Act. A gun owner is not required to apply for the certificate, but a certificate provides a conclusive means of proving lawful possession prior to the passage of this Act. The Department is not permitted to retain copies of issued certificates or identifying information of any applicant. The Act also adds a violation of this Act to the list of predicate crimes for possession of a weapon in a school zone."

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Delaware communists are at it again. Why are they so keen on taking our freedom away? There are criminal laws should be enforced. Hunter Biden should be in prison for lying on his handgun purchase form.

Jump62

Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island, De
    I may be just a dumb Grunt but this smells like back door registration to me. I'm suppose to trust a state employee in a section of a democrat controlled state that they are not going retain any of my information for this certificate of possession? The dingbats seem to do this every session and we have to fight it tooth and nail, and not one word about dealing with the problem people. Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than any of my weapons. Think I'm going to order an AR tonight just because I still can.
    Jump62

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    I wouldn’t worry to much.

SCOTUS has a case on hold pending NYSPRA v Bruen.

The case is out of Maryland Bianchi v Frosh. An AWB case.

No need to put it on hold if they are just going to deny it In the first place.

The reason it’s on hold is something in the NYSPRA opinion will have an impact on this case.

Ultimately the whole point is to find that a AWB is unconstitutional.

So it will be found unconstitutional before they can even get this bill passed and signed.

Same thing applies for any magazine capacity ban.

DEVE

Jan 15, 2019
    DELMARVA
    I wouldn’t worry to much.

SCOTUS has a case on hold pending NYSPRA v Bruen.

The case is out of Maryland Bianchi v Frosh. An AWB case.

No need to put it on hold if they are just going to deny it In the first place.

The reason it’s on hold is something in the NYSPRA opinion will have an impact on this case.

Ultimately the whole point is to find that a AWB is unconstitutional.

So it will be found unconstitutional before they can even get this bill passed and signed.

Same thing applies for any magazine capacity ban.
    Don't count your eggs before they hatch.
    I tend to be pessimistic about these things until I hear otherwise.

Oh, and going along with HB 450 are 3 other Bills: HB 423, HB 451, SB 6

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Hopefully this won't make it through before the end of this session.

"The Delaware Lethal Firearms Safety Act of 2022 prohibits the manufacture, sale, offer to sell, transfer, purchase, receipt, possession, or transport of assault weapons in Delaware, subject to certain exceptions. One exception is that the Act does not prohibit the possession and transport of firearms that were lawfully possessed or purchased before the effective date of this Act; although for these firearms there are certain restrictions relating to their possession and transport after the effective date of this Act. There are also exceptions for law-enforcement and military personnel in the course of their official duties, and a limited exception for retired law-enforcement personnel. Finally, a person lawfully in possession of an assault weapon prior to the passage of this Act may lawfully transfer the weapon to a member of their family, through inheritance or otherwise. The Act directs the Department of Safety and Homeland Security to develop a procedure for issuance of a voluntary certificate of possession to show lawful possession of an assault weapon prior to the effective date of the Act. A gun owner is not required to apply for the certificate, but a certificate provides a conclusive means of proving lawful possession prior to the passage of this Act. The Department is not permitted to retain copies of issued certificates or identifying information of any applicant. The Act also adds a violation of this Act to the list of predicate crimes for possession of a weapon in a school zone."
    Highlighted and italicized, so how exactly are they going to know if that certificate is valid? My guess the Department of Safety and Homeland Security does not keep the certificate, but maybe Delaware Ste Police or similar agency, or the tinfoil is too tight and I am not seeing it right.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Foaming at the mouth to decide which pen to use. Might not sleep tonight if it doesn't get to sign it right away

Jump62

Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island, De
    Comrade Tanker Deve,
    Think I need a shot of your Red Army Vodka, it might not make the democrats go away but I will not care as much.

jump62

ps. I have had Red Army Vodka in 1979, was doing patrol along the inter German border, I was 82d and we had a guide from the 11th ACR and shower us a marker on the other side of the line Ivan wanted to trade. next day, So for blue jeans, Penhouses and burbon we got red army vodka ( just like paint thinner), belt buckles and the three button army shirts. They got the better end of the deal.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    This is from X-Ring supply:

We will close at 9pm tonight.

We are doing our part to help our fellow Delawareans exercise their second amendment rights.

Due to extreme demand, until the Governor signs the unconstitutional HB451 and other bills into law, we are open from 10am-9pm.

This takes effect immediately. We will close at 9pm tonight.

Do not order anything "At warehouse" from our online store as it may not arrive before the bills go into effect.

Join the DSSA, who will be fighting for your rights in court.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom