• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Happened last Friday morning. I was working from home and wrapped up around 10:30 because our house cleaners usually show up at 11. I pull out of the 'hood and as I'm heading down Old Washington Road three HoCo PD cruisers are coming the other way full tilt boogie. I stop and the first two cares pull into the driveway right in front of me, they both get out with guns drawn, one heads around back and the other goes to the front door.

Third unit parks on the street, driver cop gets out with gun drawn and heads up the lawn. Passenger cop gets out gun drawn and pointed at the house over the top of the vehicle. He waves me through quickly. I turned on the trusty Baofeng tuned to the FD channel and I wasn't at my shop 10 minutes when a whole ton of fire units were dispatched to that address.

I beat feet out of the shop and headed back to see what was up and by then there were a ton of PD on scene, no fire yet.

20230303_112622.jpg

A few minutes after that the Bearcat shows up.

20230303_113251.jpg

20230303_112626.jpg

20230303_112734.jpg

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    From the HoCo PD:

Howard County police have charged a suspect with murder in the death of a man in his own Elkridge residence on March 3.

Dennis Lee Graham, 38, of Baltimore, is charged with second-degree murder, false imprisonment, and first-degree arson. He is being held without bond at the Howard County Detention Center.

At approximately 10:30 a.m., police were called to the residence of 64-year-old James Sents Jr. in the 6000 block of Old Washington Road for a reported home invasion. When police arrived, they encountered a man later identified as Graham inside the residence and smoke coming from a bedroom. Upon entering, officers found Sents Jr. deceased. Graham was detained on-scene and later charged.

Through investigation, detectives believe that Graham broke into the residence and assaulted Sents Jr. Graham is also alleged to have set a small fire in a bedroom that was extinguished by first responders.

Detectives still are investigating a motive and whether the suspect and victim knew each other.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Poor guy met his maker wearing only a t-shirt and a pair of skivvies around his knees. The odd (to me) part was that he was brought out by an officer holding each limb and they dumped him on the grass by the front door. Then less than a minute later they picked him up and moved him to the side of the house.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I am going to have to go find my BSU Training Manual but, I seem to remember a whole chapter on killers who go on a thread spree to subconsciously try and distance themselves from their most recent murder …

… oh yeah, and Number One:

RETURN TO THE SCENE and snap pics!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am going to have to go find my BSU Training Manual but, I seem to remember a whole chapter on killers who go on a thread spree to subconsciously try and distance themselves from their most recent murder …

… oh yeah, and Number One:

RETURN TO THE SCENE and snap pics!
    Caught in the act of being myself. :innocent0

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Another poster boy of the Maryland "justice" system, this one with a 20 year criminal history of not playing well with others. Attempted 1st degree murder, assault, burglary, auto theft, failure to appear when turned loose. Annnddddd now of course, a dead man.

Another animal who belonged in a cage, with zero consequences for the nameless zookeepers responsible for his release. Shocking I know.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Another poster boy of the Maryland "justice" system, this one with a 20 year criminal history of not playing well with others. Attempted 1st degree murder, assault, burglary, auto theft, failure to appear when turned loose. Annnddddd now of course, a dead man.

Another animal who belonged in a cage, with zero consequences for the nameless zookeepers responsible for his release. Shocking I know.
    Ed Zachary. Amusing to see the MANY posts on the local pages of the Book of Faces from neighbors that I know are YUGE libs saying that they need to up their security game with lights, cameras and alarm systems.

M'kay. All the cameras are going to do is possibly give the police a good picture of the guy that killed you.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Glad you are okay

Hopefully this wasn't 100% random. Story suggest prior situation

Stoveman, please PM me the county in which you bought property in Tennessee

Thank you!

e
    Apparently not random but still less than a half mile (less as the crow flies) from the Stove Palace.

PM sent, would love to have you in eastern TN.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    So if the new proposed Young People Protection Act (HB 1180) was to become law and this defendant was under 25 years old - he could not be charged with 1st degree murder. Dumb as hell…..

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    So if the new proposed Young People Protection Act (HB 1180) was to become law and this defendant was under 25 years old - he could not be charged with 1st degree murder. Dumb as hell…..

The mentality of many of these legislators is simply beyond words. And it's more than a few of them. It's legions of these kooks.

Reddbyrd

Feb 23, 2016
    Does this indicate that the "victom" will be less murdered? Inquiring minds want to know!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This wasn't "felony murder", it was straight up murder. 1st degree or 2nd degree murder. So, he is getting charged with murder, even if the Young People Protection Act (HB 1180) had been passed before this happened.

I am guessing that you do not understand the difference between felony murder, 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder, and manslaughter.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I thoroughly understand the law

I was referring to “What ifs”. One being the defendant committing and being charged with 1st Degree Murder. Agree in this case — Howard County Charged the defendant with 2nd Degree Murder.

In my ”What if”
    One could argue — But for the initial act of Home Invasion which constitutes a 1st Degree Burglary (Felony) — The Murder would not have taken place.

CR 6-202(b) FELONY 25 YEARS PRELIMINARY HEARING RELEASE RESTRICTION

**HOME INVASION **

...did break and enter the dwelling house of ______ (owner, lessee, etc.), located at _______, with the intent to commit a crime of violence in violation of CR 6-202 of the Annotated Code of Maryland.

Under House Bill 1180

A murder is in the first degree if it is:
    a deliberate, premeditated, and willful killing;
    committed by lying in wait;
    committed by poison; or
    SUBJECT TO SUBSECTION (B) OF THIS SECTION, committed in the
    perpetration of or an attempt to perpetrate:
    Burglary in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Degree

Howard County police have charged a suspect with murder in the death of a man in his own Elkridge residence on March 3.

Dennis Lee Graham, 38, of Baltimore, is charged with second-degree murder, false imprisonment, and first-degree arson. He is being held without bond at the Howard County Detention Center.

At approximately 10:30 a.m., police were called to the residence of 64-year-old James Sents Jr. in the 6000 block of Old Washington Road for a reported home invasion. When police arrived, they encountered a man later identified as Graham inside the residence and smoke coming from a bedroom. Upon entering, officers found Sents Jr. deceased. Graham was detained on-scene and later charged.

Through investigation, detectives believe that Graham broke into the residence and assaulted Sents Jr. Graham is also alleged to have set a small fire in a bedroom that was extinguished by first responders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom