Holy Cow!!!! Just got the email. My MD concealed carry application was just approved!!! IN JUST 25 DAYS!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AOW162435

Jan 16, 2019
    Ellicott City
    7/1 - started & fully submitted application
    7/12 - application accepted
    7/26 - NICS number assigned

Finally some movement. :)

Andreas

Westbmore

Jun 29, 2022
    Maryland
    Same here! Got mine in
    I can't believe it!!! About ten minutes ago, I received an email from MDSP titled: "MD HGP - Your Application Has Been Given a Final Disposition"

As I submitted my MD concealed carry permit application on June 23rd, only 25 days ago, I figured I must have been denied for some reason. Certainly it could not be approved so soon right?

WRONG!!!!!

I logged in to the MDSP licensing portal and my application has been APPROVED! and the "Accepted Date" was June 24th!

Well done MDSP and thank you!!!!

Feeling pretty darn good about Maryland right now!!!!23 days as of yesterd

Westbmore

Jun 29, 2022
    Maryland
    I can't believe it!!! About ten minutes ago, I received an email from MDSP titled: "MD HGP - Your Application Has Been Given a Final Disposition"

As I submitted my MD concealed carry permit application on June 23rd, only 25 days ago, I figured I must have been denied for some reason. Certainly it could not be approved so soon right?

WRONG!!!!!

I logged in to the MDSP licensing portal and my application has been APPROVED! and the "Accepted Date" was June 24th!

Feeling pretty darn good about Maryland right now!!!!
    Same here, got mine in 23 days!

evilseed72

Dec 22, 2020

WRONG!!!!!

I already received my card.

Mechanicgino

Master automobile tech
    Jun 4, 2019
    Clarksburg,MD

WRONG!!!!!

Congrats! Safely support to 2nd amendment rights!

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    BB8EC6A9-A8FA-4657-8D0E-20F9CF0409D3.jpeg

Catmj

Nov 6, 2015
    Baltimore County
    Applied on 6/29
    Application Accepted on 6/30
    Approved on 7/20
    Card received on 7/23

I have an HQL and a DD214
    No one was called.

A retired MD state trooper from my gun club told me on Sunday (7/24) that his buddies are telling him that they are only doing NICS checks and if they come back OK, applications are being approved ASAP.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yes, that is the HQL page. It's a separate portal for some unknown reason.
    I'm hoping that the reason it's still a separate portal is that someone at MSP knows the HQL's days are numbered and it's not worth spending the money to migrate that functionality over to their more current licensing platform. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

bigcityjake

Sep 16, 2014
    19 days.

Permit approved in 19 days.

Submitted on 7/8/22 approved 7/27. No references called, and I wasn’t contacted at all. Just an average Joe allowed to exercise his rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom