Holy Cow!!!! Just got the email. My MD concealed carry application was just approved!!! IN JUST 25 DAYS!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    So on the zoom meeting pickle said they had done about 6k in 5 weeks, or about 1200 a week. From the drop of bruen to the end of the year, assuming they keep the rate the same, there will be 32400 new permits. But figuring them taking 2 weeks to get up to speed thats 6k in 3 weeks, or 2k a week over 25 weeks is 50 by the end of the year.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    So on the zoom meeting pickle said they had done about 6k in 5 weeks, or about 1200 a week. From the drop of bruen to the end of the year, assuming they keep the rate the same, there will be 32400 new permits. But figuring them taking 2 weeks to get up to speed thats 6k in 3 weeks, or 2k a week over 25 weeks is 50 by the end of the year.
    Except that as of 8/4 they were receiving 800 a day or 4000 a week (25k total) while Only approving 200/ day

and more recently, apps are started at 1400/ day.

point is, they need to clear the backlog and approve faster. What they've done so far is not an indication of how many permits are going to be out there by December. If they start bumping up against that 90 days, they're going to risk a lawsuit and de facto constitutional carry

eriwar

Feb 13, 2010
    I submitted the application 7/7/22.
    I have a HGP and former military.

Received an email stating the following 8/9/22

The review of your Handgun Permit application, XXXXXXXXX,has been completed by Maryland State Police, Licensing Division. You will receive written notification of the disposition via the United States Postal Service within 5-7 business days.

StatusAPPROVEDAccepted Date07/14/2022

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    When was yours mailed?

Mine was mailed 8/9. Something had to have happened between 8/3 and 8/8.

Honestly I forgot to check the postmark. Since it should only be two days at the most in the mail, my guess would be that it was mailed on 8/9 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooper1389

May 4, 2020
    Background factors: Applying with bruen as g&s, completed training at Worth a Shot 6/28 then immediately submitted the application I started around noon the day before.

Application started 6/27
    Application submitted 6/28
    Application accepted 7/11
    As of now(7/18), no NICS # yet.

Sounds cool that it could be within 2 weeks away if your turnaround is any indication.
    I got my NICS letter in the mail last week, hoping that's an indication of getting close!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom