Holy Cow!!!! Just got the email. My MD concealed carry application was just approved!!! IN JUST 25 DAYS!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I feel I feel like it's time to merge this thread with the tracking megathread
    :thumbsup: That would definitely reduce the work on my part compiling the data. Currently tracking3-4 threads where the info is popping up.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is a 24/7 center manned by MSP for LE to call to check permit status and LE calls them for up to date permit and firearm registration status

It is in Columbia

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What does "please contact Maryland gun center prior to any law enforcement action mean"?
    It means don't arrest someone until you call the Maryland State Police gun center to check if what is going on is a crime.

A lot of police don't really know what the carry laws actually are, and MSP doesn't want officers arresting people on "a crime" that turns out isn't, because the person has a handgun permit.

Like pull someone over and they are OWB with a loaded handgun? Have a permit? Not a crime. I've gotten a few stories from folks, including ex-cops, where a cop did NOT realize things like a W&C allowed you to drive around with a loaded handgun (like, what the heck is the point of the permit then?) and it took a supervisor and/or call to the Maryland gun center to get resolved (the former case, the officer involved in the traffic stop refused to call the gun center or a supervisor for a solid 20 minutes before they finally called a supervisor who came out and REAMED the officer up one side and down the other).

woobie

Mar 20, 2019
    No happy birthday to you from the SCOTUS and COTUS of the US.

MSP had nothing to do with it
    I stand corrected. You are 100% right. MSP was an efficient delivery system for my COTUS rights that SCOTUS restored.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    They’ll be some gun toting sons-a-bitches around here pretty soon. :draw:

I’ll be anxious to see how many members from here have applied/been approved by January 1.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    They’ll be some gun toting sons-a-bitches around here pretty soon. :draw:

I’ll be anxious to see how many members from here have applied/been approved by January 1.
    My class is mid September, so I have to wait and wait and...

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    My wife, daughter, and son in law have class October 8-9. I figure at least Christmas for them to get approved.
    Part of me is hoping with the class mid September they won't actually issue until 11/1 and I get more time on it with my birthday being in October.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    ACCEPTED! Woot!

7/29 submitted (I can't recall when I started it, around 7/10?).
    8/5 accepted.

One week turn around time.

Yes, I know, I need to wait for NICS and approval which might be many more weeks with all of the apps in, but a 1 week turn around to acceptance gives me warm fuzzies that it might not be 6-7 weeks more to approval.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    When would I have to fill out the application for the Wear and Carry Permit? When should I request an HQL to purchase a pistol?
    You can start the application at any time. Just need the training certificate (if you're not exempt), fingerprints and photo to finalize it. If you plan on requesting a free HQL you need to wait until you get the W&C permit to request it.

DOsniper

Mar 4, 2011
    Monkton, MD
    ACCEPTED! Woot!

7/29 submitted (I can't recall when I started it, around 7/10?).
    8/5 accepted.

One week turn around time.

Yes, I know, I need to wait for NICS and approval which might be many more weeks with all of the apps in, but a 1 week turn around to acceptance gives me warm fuzzies that it might not be 6-7 weeks more to approval.

I submitted 7/31 - still not accepted but here’s hoping just a few more days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom