• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rittaskforce

Mar 1, 2014
    Hello everyone
    with the weather getting warmer I’m getting back to walking and running outside .
    I’m looking for something that I can use to carry my cz p10s
    I have looked at Fanny packs
    Starting to look at belly band style holders
    What do you all use

Thanks for your help and advice
    Glen

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    You might want to take a look at the Phlster Enigma system.

While they make holsters for many specific pistols, yours is not on their list, so you'll need to get a kydex holster from one of the companies they reference. The good news is that several of these companies have holsters for the CZ P10S.

It will be a bit of a pain assembling the thing, and getting the fit to be just right, but I don't think you'll find a more comfortable way to carry your pistol. The Enigma can be worn under sweatpants or shorts or scrubs or pretty much anything; has its own belt - they make a "Sport Belt" option which is much wider and even more comfortable than the standard option.

They have multiple videos explaining the assembly and fitting/adjusting to your particular body; you have to be willing to mess about with it until you achieve maximum comfort. It's worth the price and effort, if you decide to go with it. It is by no means an "open the package and buckle it on" sort of thing.

I have a CZ Rami, which is just about identical in its dimensions to your pistol. It took me a couple hours to get the holster/belt put together, and a few days of messing around to figure out how to position it. Comes down to a choice between a metaphorically "off the rack" suit, or one professionally tailored to you personally, that fits perfectly.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    from a existing thread about the same topic:

I have run many miles with a SCCY 9mm in a belly band. I find that having the gun at exactly 3 O'Clock and secured under the waistband of my running shorts minimizes bouncing and wiggling.
    What I have done is to secure a cheap plastic IWB holster into the elastic pocket on the belly band. I replaced the clip with a loop of nylon webbing that wraps around the "pocket" in the belly band material. The pistol clicks into place in the plastic holster and is secure.
    With anything much heavier than the SCCY (15 ounces empty) the gun just bounces too much for me. Something lighter such as a pocket 380 would likely carry much easier.
    You'll also need to consider the impact of moisture, sweat and dirt on the gun. I would imagine that a stainless or corrosion resistant gun would be an absolute necessity.
    I have carried a heavier gun in a runner's fanny pack in both front and back. The strap needs to be crazy tight to keep that pack from bouncing around. Tighten it until until you are sure that it is too tight - and then tighten it some more.
    YMMV.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Belly band or Hill People. Having something below the waste sucks while running. Walking the Enigma works, running a few miles it does not.

Also, stainless is your friend.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    I figure that I tallied about 1000 miles (150 hours) of running with that setup.

With a smaller, lighter gun like a Ruger LCP it would be much easier to find a workable solution.

rswangz

Jan 14, 2013
    Carroll Co
    I've got a CrossBreed belly band I'm pretty happy with. Wear it just below my belly when wearing anything without a belt. I tried wearing it higher up, but didn't like how high I would need to lift shirt to draw.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****I run with a Belly Band type holster with a Glock 43 with pinky extender mag - pictured below is my Glock43x with a red dot which I do NOT run with as it's just too big to really run comfortably with.

Appendix or other similar carry does not work for me running, as the legs get hung up on the gun too easily. Walking would be fine, but no way running works for me with that setup. Also have tried shoulder rigs but the inside of my upper arm gets rubbed raw and messes up my running form. Walking is fine but no way it works for me to run a few miles.

I use the Belly band with the gun at the back (think right rear pocket, a bit higher towards the top of the back of my pelvis). I am flexible and have decent shoulder motion and can get to it, or can quickly rotate the band forward if needed and clear my concealment garment. It's not as fast as my normal non running rig (appendix, IWB), but it's pretty good.

I also carry a small pepper gel for non-lethal option. I have had to use the pepper gel on a dog before with no owner nearby and was glad I had the gel vs having to shoot the dog. I generally like dogs more than I like people, so shooting the dog would be a last resort. Pepper gel I use is below. It is very quick to deploy and shoots remarkably far and accurately. Gel works *much* better IME than other spray options which can quickly take you out if outside with a bit of wind. The gel is sticky and if it gets on its target will stay there. The gun is absolutely a last resort, and every bullet leaving that gun will have a lawyer attached to it, especially here in MoCo.

Pic below is my belly band setup, with the very small kydex holster with trigger guard. I just rotate the band so the pistol is at the back of my pelvis vs appendix like in the pic. The bands are easily washable, secure, not too hot, and have an extra pocket for the clip on pepper gel, which is small...

Also, it is *very* important to function check your pistol often if you run with it, etc.. Sweat has salt in it which can oxidize your gun up if not well maintained, serviced, etc.. I remove the gun from its holster after running, and at least let the gun dry out on its own and of course clean it every couple of weeks by popping off the slide, etc.. Super easy and takes a couple of minutes of your time that could save your ass if you need it to go bang and you only hear a click... :shocked4:

Anyway, it works well for my body type when running. And, yes... I do CrossFit in addition to running... :lol:

IMG_7525.jpg

IMG_9135.jpg

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Checkout Camelbak or similar.

There's a few products of theirs that might work. If you don't need water on you just use one with a blue hose coming out. The brand markings may also shift thought away from concealed gun carrier.

There's on in there that has a water bottle in the center. You could carry that empty but have your piece in the cargo area, etc. Also depends on the comfort of the belts.

I have the M.U.L.E, or a version of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom