• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    Just ordered a vedder litedraw after some research. Looks like they build to order so not sure what the wait time will be.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    https://shopammos.com/
    To begin with,30-06 springfield nosler troph. Shrink long distances down to size. Nosler® AccuBond® rifle loads’ proven bullet design pairs a precision polymer tip with a highly concentric jacket bonded to a lead core. The result is fast expansion, moderate weight retention and lethal penetration at long range.
    FEATURES

More over, high-performance polymer tip and boat-tail design for more downrange velocity and energy
    Concentric jacket improves long-range accuracy
    Core bonded to a tapered jacket for fast, controlled expansion
    Deep penetration and moderate weight retention on medium and big game
    PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
    CARTRIDGE: 30.06 Springfield
    BULLET: 180 gr
    PRODUCT LINE: Nosler Accubond
    MUZZLE VELOCTY: 2700 FPS
    BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .507
    APPLICATION: Big Game
    SOLD BY THE BOX: 20 Shells per box.
    what does this have to do with holsters?

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Not hellcat specific, but I do like the alien gear shapeshifts; I also snagged a OWB Safariland ALS for winter carry

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not hellcat specific, but I do like the alien gear shapeshifts; I also snagged a OWB Safariland ALS for winter carry
    The good thing about giving no fvchs is that your summer carry rig(s) are the same as your winter rig(s).

When you carry something in that Safariland during the winter you plan on never taking your jacket off in a store or restaurant?

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    The good thing about giving no fvchs is that your summer carry rig(s) are the same as your winter rig(s).

When you carry something in that Safariland during the winter you plan on never taking your jacket off in a store or restaurant?
    its called layering my man.
    the ALS was one of the few i could find owb for the m&p45 4.5"
    Its perfectly acceptable to have different holsters for the same or different weapons, just as long as you're familiar with them.

And no, when layering the owb carry is covered with and without the outer jacket

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Vedder is running 15-18 days per their site at least last week. They are having a Labor Day sale so that might increase in the short term. Ordered a light tuck on 8/22 and it was shipped 9/1. Have another one pending for a different pistol that I ordered a week ago.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    After the "A"? Why not have some fun with contractions. Possessive and plural possessive are less fun. :rofl:

Seriously, would 6 o'clock carriers use A' holsters?

Just so we avoid pronouns.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Uh huh...let us know next spring how that worked out for ya.
    If you know what you're doing, you'll be fine. The bigger issue is typically in winter most people wear a couple extra layers, making it harder to get to IWB, hence why many people have different holsters for different seasons. The OWB I currently use have thumb-driven releases. IWB are passive retention, so the draw really isn't that different.

But go ahead and think you know how it works for everyone else. Just cause it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it works for someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom