• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPQM

May 21, 2014
    He let everyone else do the heavy lift and when the smoke clears, he claims his long stand support for something that he never demonstrated actual support for.
    If he had done this pre-Bruen, he would have been eviscerated; and MD courts would have quickly ruled that he didn't have the authority and overruled his decision.

Post-Bruen; the odds of court lawsuits overturning his decision are 0.000001% (since nobody wants to annoy SCOTUS) so he can do it.

EDIT: Also, if he had done it unilaterally, the Office of the AG (aka Frosh) would have issued an opinion that him doing so was illegal.

As it is, only a day or so after Hogan made his announcement - Frosh's OAG issued a report saying that G&S was unconstitutional.

I bet you Frosh gave Hogan a verbal opinion, and delayed releasing his written opinion on G&S = unconstitutional for a day or two, to let Hogan take fire from every Democrat in MD.

Last edited:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    If he had done this pre-Bruen, he would have been eviscerated; and MD courts would have quickly ruled that he didn't have the authority and overruled his decision.

Post-Bruen; the odds of court lawsuits overturning his decision are 0.000001% (since nobody wants to annoy SCOTUS) so he can do it.

EDIT: Also, if he had done it unilaterally, the Office of the AG (aka Frosh) would have issued an opinion that him doing so was illegal.

As it is, only a day or so after Hogan made his announcement - Frosh's OAG issued a report saying that G&S was unconstitutional.

I bet you Frosh gave Hogan a verbal opinion, and delayed releasing his written opinion on G&S = unconstitutional for a day or two, to let Hogan take fire from every Democrat in MD.
    FLtWS has NEVER supported the 2A or Maryland firearms owners. His statement regarding Bruen and his support of the 2A was hypocritical lip service intended to leave you wait a sweet taste in your mouth after eating sh!t for his entire term. He signed or failed to veto (ETA: almost) EVERY gun control bill that crossed his desk. He didn't make this statement until compelled to by the clock.

Last edited:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    FLtWS has NEVER supported the 2A or Maryland firearms owners. His statement regarding Bruen and his support of the 2A was hypocritical lip service intended to leave you wait a sweet taste in your mouth after eating sh!t for his entire term. He signed or failed to veto EVERY gun control bill that crossed his desk. He didn't make this statement until compelled to by the clock.
    Not entirely true. He vetoed UBCs and was overriden. But he knew he'd be overridden I'm sure

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Oh yeah

IMG_3126.jpg

Oh when de Saints, oh when da Saints come marching’ in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

You’re very perceptive.

Hogan has always said and done what he’s needed to remain popular and electable in a state that skews center-left.

At an event years ago while he was running for re-election, concern was expressed on a gun-related matter and how he could get some more support from the right. His response? “Who else are they gonna vote for?”

He’s a political animal, and a savvy one for the most part at that. His prior actions demonstrate it. From vetoing a few bad gun things, to signing some other bad ones. Is his behavior isolated among politicians? No. Democracy is more about salesmanship than it is earnest leadership and he’s been a good salesman in Maryland.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yeah but Frosh never issued an opinion. He had a subordinate do it.

He didn’t want to be seen as the loser who capitulated

Kinda like Cornwallis at Yorktown. Send an underling to surrender for you

What an unmanly, cowardly POS

Eff him

Attachments

• 6233C87A-131E-4FEE-8F58-FCE63764FB8B.jpeg
      6233C87A-131E-4FEE-8F58-FCE63764FB8B.jpeg
      55.8 KB · Views: 66
    Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don’t shake hands with cowards or tyrants

Attachments

• FC5F7137-40DE-4C92-BF9F-B4C5D6F61401.jpeg
      FC5F7137-40DE-4C92-BF9F-B4C5D6F61401.jpeg
      374.7 KB · Views: 113
    Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If I had been standing I would have turned my back on him.

I detest the POS. Man is only reserved for men. He ain’t one

He’s a sniveling little ball less tyrant.

He couldn’t even admit defeat like a man like his relative Cornwallis

Sic Semper Tyrannis

I hope he’s despondent

Yep

Schadenfreude Doc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SPQM

May 21, 2014
    You’re very perceptive.

I can't help but notice how certain cases go on the slow boat, while others get "rocket docketed". If Hogan pre Bruen had said G&S was illegal; there would have been a rocket docketed case that would have reached the 4th Circuit in weeks.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yeah but Frosh never issued an opinion. He had a subordinate do it.
    And more to the point, the subordinate actually wrapped up his "answering questions" letter by saying that since he's not the actual AG, the letter isn't official and should be relied on as such. Total weasel move.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Frosh is now on the outside as an onlooker as his world collapses around him.

Oh happy day

Attachments

• 717FCEF5-B338-4C2F-BE1A-FBC6D0652D11.jpeg
      717FCEF5-B338-4C2F-BE1A-FBC6D0652D11.jpeg
      97.5 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member