• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem too. Guess I'll create a new account. Thanks.

Didn't work for me. Getting a warning about driver's license number is already used for an account. Ironically the password reset just worked.
    Same here. Login wouldn't work-error, and I hadn't used it in a while so I thought it was gone. Opened up a new login with a different email that I have and used all same old info EXCEPT my DL number because I renewed it and they gave me a new DL number. Never received the email link to log in to new. Tried my old one, was able to reset password, now can't move forward because they say my DL# is used on another account (which it is, my new one that I can't set a password for or log in). Complete stand still at this point. Emailed them, their response is I will get email for new account when they fix system (which they don't know when).

Guess I'll see then if that page 1 is locked up too.

What a fustercluck.

LaddyBoy

Jun 15, 2013
    Mr. Hogan stated; The other requirements still apply. The three requirements still remain and effectively RESTRICT MOST legal law abiding Maryland Citizens from obtaining a VERY RESTRICTIVE carry permit.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    However confused you are about this, I am worse...
    I was told long ago by a Federal LEO stationed in Florida “that Maryland is the state where they try all the unconstitutional shit first”.

Maryland having a secret or special court doesn’t surprise me at all, praying for you guys up there

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So we have a Maryland special court of appeals that can say it's unconstitutional enough to require the MSP to issue a license, but that's not precedent ... and then we have an underling of Frosh's who cites that case as being clearly instructive if the SCOTUS ruling itself wasn't, but who then reminds the reader that since his boss didn't sign the letter, it isn't actually official, but hopes it answers the MSP's questions.

Only in Maryland.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Let us know when you have to register which gun you are going to carry with your permit.

It’s not required.
    Lalez said:
    Easy….”9mm pistol sir”….I forgot you guys have to register your guns though…ouch.

That reciprocity will be fun when it hits, however if it doesn’t hit soonish….

I want to apply….but it’s no business of the MSP what pistol(s) I would be carrying the few times a year I visit your state. Same for any out of state resident, I mean will Maryland ask us to register our pistols to get a MD permit….they couldn’t be serious

There you go again, only referencing what you want and not what was written in the entire post.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I think it'll take 2 cycles. Plus it sounds like they may try (stupidly) to have a special session between now and January.

I think whatever they do in a special session isn't going to be stomped out completely by January and I think they'll come up with more crazy stuff then. And I think the following session not all lessons will have been learned. Hopefully by the session after that, the message will be clear.

They aren’t going to do a special session

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    giphy.gif

Lmfao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    How does this change cap and ball (black powder) carry ? I understand it’s legal to open carry with out a permit but can you now conceal or transport in a vehicle loaded or would you need the permit??
    1. I would not try carrying a muzzle-loading firearm without a W&C permit. I do not think it's legal.
    2. IIRC, you can travel with a loaded, but not primed, muzzle-loader for hunting. I would strongly suggest having a hunting license on your person...and only in hunting season.
    3. We're winning. Don't ruin it by doing something illegal or foolish.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    So we have a Maryland special court of appeals that can say it's unconstitutional enough to require the MSP to issue a license, but that's not precedent ... and then we have an underling of Frosh's who cites that case as being clearly instructive if the SCOTUS ruling itself wasn't, but who then reminds the reader that since his boss didn't sign the letter, it isn't actually official, but hopes it answers the MSP's questions.

Only in Maryland.
    Here is where one can find the "Unreported Opinions" of the MD Court of Special Appeals:

There are plenty of them issued each month.

The opinions posted on this page are UNREPORTED. An unreported opinion may not be cited in any paper, brief, motion, or other document filed in this Court, or any other Maryland court, as either precedent within the rule of stare decisis or as persuasive authority. Maryland Rule 1-104.

Most decisions of the Court of Special Appeals are not reported, as Maryland Rule 8-605.1 requires the Court to report only those opinions that are of substantial interest.

How in the hell the one being questioned here is not of "substantial interest" is beyond BS. I believe that "nonfeasance" would be an accurate adjective in the behavior exhibited by the court.

Same here. Login wouldn't work-error, and I hadn't used it in a while so I thought it was gone. Opened up a new login with a different email that I have and used all same old info EXCEPT my DL number because I renewed it and they gave me a new DL number. Never received the email link to log in to new. Tried my old one, was able to reset password, now can't move forward because they say my DL# is used on another account (which it is, my new one that I can't set a password for or log in). Complete stand still at this point. Emailed them, their response is I will get email for new account when they fix system (which they don't know when).

Guess I'll see then if that page 1 is locked up too.

What a fustercluck.
    For what it's worth.... I had the same problem today as well. It took about 6 hours for MSP to fix it and for me to get the confirmation email to verify the account. All seems to be working now. Good Luck!

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Simply put... no gun information is necessary for a W&C permit.

ETA... Luckily I passed hieroglyphics101... :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom