• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Has anybody noticed that there are two different livescan applications? One in color that is semi editable online and the older black and white one.

eventhorizon

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2011
    Arnold
    And I ask again but never get an answer from these cowards.

How many gun crimes are committed by permit holders?

Crickets as usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A reporter recently asked the nutjob interim NY Governor this exact same thing during a press conference. She had no answer and just went on a tangent of utter nonsense.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Someone here stated that individuals can become MSP training certified by taking the 16 hour NRA trainer course. I think this is the way to go, most NRA classes I’ve ever attended are cake if you have experience with firearms.

As of right now the ONLY thing stopping MD from being flooded from everywhere with applications is the 16 hour class.

This will be the lawsuit for reciprocity, as I think it would be pretty easy for another state to show a 16 hour expensive class is a burden to exercising this right.
    If nothing else it's motivation for me to renew my instructor creds that expired probably a decade ago and apply. Still i'll toss money at any lawsuits challenging the BS training requirement, references, job or the HIPAA violating medical waiver. Seems the marching orders of MD dems to push back is to prohibit people, barring "sensitive places" pretty much everywhere, slow approvals/frequent renewals, and giant expensive hurdles to the process.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    If people decide to abstain from getting a permit until there are no hurdles, that's their call, but they may be waiting a very long time.

I sincerely hope they don't need a gun for defense while they are waiting for that perfect day to arrive.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't fight to get references removed. I'm not saying we shouldn't fight to have employer info removed. I'm just saying maybe it's better to have a permit to defend yourself as soon as possible, until that perfect day comes.

I strongly object to mandatory training, but I still paid for it. I think training makes it impossible for those on limited budgets to afford to defend themselves. I think it's discrimination but I won't be defenseless while we fight to have it removed.
    After much infighting with myself, this is where I have finally landed. Trust me, it was a tough decision.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Who decides and how is reciprocity with other states decided?

From what sgt Pickle said on the zoom call its codified in to maryland law. So the MGA would have to change it. I have read a fair amount of the laws dealing with it, and have not seen it but that does not mean its not there.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Who is going to push the envelope and put "Mr. Upon Request" and their home address as refs 3x on the app.

Someone, that is for sure.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Look at the big brain on Brett

Lol
    giphy.gif

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If people decide to abstain from getting a permit until there are no hurdles, that's their call, but they may be waiting a very long time.

I sincerely hope they don't need a gun for defense while they are waiting for that perfect day to arrive.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't fight to get references removed. I'm not saying we shouldn't fight to have employer info removed. I'm just saying maybe it's better to have a permit to defend yourself as soon as possible, until that perfect day comes.

I strongly object to mandatory training, but I still paid for it. I think training makes it impossible for those on limited budgets to afford to defend themselves. I think it's discrimination but I won't be defenseless while we fight to have it removed.

THIS X1000.
    Couldn’t have said it better my friend.
    The other advantage to getting it now is that you’d have it before the next MGA session passes more laws regarding this. Once you have it you have two years before your first renewal. My hope is that whatever bs they decide to pass gets struck down prior to having to renew.
    I’d rather have my permit in hand BEFORE they start monkeying around with it.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I am now seeing 2-day classes for $300 including fingerprints, photos, etc. ($75 app fee not included)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I am now seeing 2-day classes for $300 including fingerprints, photos, etc. ($75 app fee not included)
    That's a pretty good deal.

Heck, I must have spent an hour of my time trying to snap a passport photo, crop it, get it to MSP standards, and upload it.

Livescan is costly too. I seen pricing range from $40 to $75.

One of the things that sucks about the MD process is having to do classroom/range trip, passport photos, and livescan separately.

The convience of a class that does photos and prints is easily worth $150 more to me because of the reduced travel and hassle.

Last edited:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County

Why do you insist on coming in here and making perfect sense?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    A reporter recently asked the nutjob interim NY Governor this exact same thing during a press conference. She had no answer and just went on a tangent of utter nonsense.
    What was worse is she said she doeant need the data she just knows. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom